Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.

BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.

OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2008 Honda Accord lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Accord:

2008 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Sep 162009

When I drive my 2008 Honda Accord ex-L I4 at night, with the A/C on, the headlamps flicker.

- Mill Valley, CA, USA

Mar 112009

Headlights frequently dim and then re-brighten, causing a noticeable flickering when driving at night. This is very distracting at night, even well lit roads. Honda has checked and says electrical system is operating normally and it may be, but some interface with the lights and the elp is incompatible if it causes such a noticeable flicker. We drove a Honda Odyssey with same system for 100,000 miles and never noticed a headlight flicker.

- Hollywood, MD, USA

Oct 072009

1. no events led up to the issue. 2. headlights dim/flicker when the A/C cycles on/off. The dimming occurs on average every 20-30 seconds. 3. no parts have been replaced to fix the issue. The Honda dealership says there is no fix.

- Devon, PA, USA

Aug 012009

I've noticed while driving at night that my headlights flicker every once in a while. Haven't established a pattern or frequency of occurrence, but it happens enough to notice. Oncoming cars think I'm flickering my headlights at them. I drive a 2008 Honda Accord ex-L.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Apr 092009

No accidents have occurred. However, my headlights flicker whenever I have my headlights on, about every couple of minutes. This happens each time I drive my car when the headlights are on.

- Guilford, CT, USA

Feb 202009

I recently bought a 2008 Honda Accord ex. Every time the headlights come on while driving, they have a significant flicker and dim. I brought it to the dealers attention and he said it was normal. I've discussed with others that have a 2008 Accord and they notice the same thing. It is a very annoying feature that supposedly is part of an eld-electronic load detector on this model. I've had prior Accord without this problem. Hoping that Honda would do fix it. Thanks.

- Deland, FL, USA

Feb 102009

I purchased an Accord exl on 2/8/09. While driving with the defroster or air conditioning on, the exterior and interior lights flash approximately every 30 seconds. We took it to the dealership and were told this is a normal characteristic caused by eld system. They are not able or not willing to fix the problem. This a serious safely hazard, as I drive highly congested roads daily and do not feel safe driving a car that flashes its headlights constantly. Other cars do not know this is a normal characteristic. They will think I am an aggressive driver flashing them, and this could cause serious problems. I do not understand why this cannot be resolved, and why Honda does not consider this a major problem. There seem to be many complaints about this issue, and I am not aware of any other cars that have this problem. Please help us with this issue, as someone may end up seriously hurt due to this issue. You may contact me for my VIN but I do not wish to post this information online.

- Winder, GA, USA

Feb 052009

Today I almost wreck because I could not see the turn signal on a 2008 OR2009 Honda Accord because of the daytime running lights. The lights are next to the turn signal and are so bright they block the turn signal flash.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jun 302008

Purchased new 2008 Honda Accord 4cyl. In June 2008. After a week I drove the vehicle at night and noticed that the headlights and tail light momentarily dim every 30 seconds or so. Called the dealer and was told to bring the vehicle which I did. They ran diagnostic test and I was told every is functioning as designed. After doing a google search "Honda headlight dimming" I came upon several forums that host a number of complaint from 2008 Honda Accord owners who have the same problem. Your web site shows at least 76 complaint for the same issue. My concerns are this:1.) no other car has this feature design causing the headlights and tail lights to dim.2.) on coming traffic thinks that they are being flashed causing many to gesture....3.) cars in font think that they are being flashed w/ high beams. 4.) very distracting to the driver 5.) cars behind you think you are tapping the brakes. 5.) some one passing you may think that you have flashed them to come back into the lane prematurely. I could go on and on. This is very dangerous and not normal. Please help. There have been successful lemon law suits filed against Honda due to this issue. You are our government, your only purpose is to serve the people. Please start an investigation into this potentially hazardous situation where a innocent driver is going to get hurt or killed by either another driver from road rage or a trucker that thought they were given the clear signal after passing to come back into the lane only to rub over a Honda Accord driver.

- Columbia, TN, USA

Jan 072008

08 Honda Accord headlights dim while driving. When ever the car shifts up or down as well as randomly and while driving at a constant speed.

- Dover, DE, USA

Dec 152008

The head lights dim at 15-30 second intervals. I feel this is a serious safety hazard. For example, I have had pedestrians walk out in front of me in parking lots because they thought I was signaling them to cross.

- Long Valley, NJ, USA

Dec 082008

Accord 4-cyl

2008 Honda Accord LX 4 cylinder L&R tail lights rear fender had to be repainted tail lights didn't fit properly into the body. Dealer stated this is a problem from the factory. Tail lights fog up after a car wash or rain storm. Brought to cury Honda 4X.

- Croton On Hudson, NY, USA

Apr 022008

Accord 4-cyl

I own a new 2008 Honda Accord ex-L 4cyl. Whenever the headlights are on they have a very distracting characteristic of dimming momentarily and then returning to normal about every 15 - 20 seconds. It does not seem to matter what accessories are on or off. I was told by the Honda dealership that they have heard of the problem but there is no fix at this time.

- Edmonds, WA, USA

Nov 012008

I to have a 08 Accord exl 4 cyl and so far I have a list of things wrong with the car. 1. the famous vibration 2. terrible fuel mileage 3.lights flashing to the extent that people are high beaming me [that's fun] 4. drivers seat jerks and moves real slow 5. wind noise on R/H front of car 6. hard starting in cold weather 7. gear shift rattles 8. R/H front door rattles 9. a banging in the trunk over moderate bumps or railroad tracks [there is nothing in there] 10. Squeaking and sometimes grinding brakes 11. Right front shock bangs at times 12. When you push the accelerator about one third of the way the car bogs until about 3 thousand RPM's then doubles and triples in power.

- Thunderbay, 00, USA

Dec 012008

2008 Honda Accord exl coupe. The headlights dim slightly about every minute. It does not matter if I have air/heat/radio on - it does not seem to matter what speed/RPM I am traveling. I have not taken it to the dealer - from reading online, Honda has been telling everyone this is a "feature" of the car.

- Pataskala, OH, USA

Dec 122008

2008 Honda ex-L Accord coupe - during low light conditions (late evening/night) the headlights flicker every 10 -13 seconds. I constantly see other drivers gesturing at me as if I'm flicking my hi-beams at them. Honda says that this is normal and says there is no fix. This is the first new car I've owned that has this problem. The battery is a little bigger than a motorcycle battery. This condition I believe is dangerous to on-coming traffic. This could also lead to failures of various other electronic control systems due to the fluctuating power spikes which could lead to devastating consequences while on the highway or freeway.

- Marysville, WA, USA

May 262008

Re: 2008 Honda Accord coupe 4 cylinder low-beam headlights only project about 30-40 feet. According to dealer they are adjusted properly. Possibly they are just too dim. It is very difficult to drive on the country roads that I travel that have no street lights, unless I use the high beams.

- Hummelstown, PA, USA

Oct 052008

Headlights flicker when ac switched on.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Dec 012007

Headlights dim when the climate control kicks the air compressor on. Occurs several times per minute and is distracting. Dealer states is normal for I4 engine.

- Girard, IL, USA

Nov 042008

2008 Accord I4 automatic transmission LX problem, lights dim and blower for heater/defrost slows. It occurs every 20 to 25 seconds. The change in the blower for the heater/defrost is such that it sounds as if you turned the blower speed down significantly and then turned it back up. At the same time the lights dim significantly. I have read many posts here of lights dimming with the A/C running and that Honda says this is normal. This is dangerous because of the eye strain caused by the lights dimming and then brightening over and over again.

- Provo, UT, USA