Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.

BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.

OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2009 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Accord:

2009 Honda Accord Owner Comments

May 292009

Just like everyone else, I am experiencing brakes issue. It is with great disappointment that I had purchased a car that squeals. I started hearing the brakes at 7000 miles. Initially I thought my brakes are already depleted but wondered, with such a low mileage, it couldn't have been the case. I brought it to the Honda service center and they mentioned that my brake pads are in perfect condition and the reason for the noise is that the materials used in manufacturing the brakes makes that horrible noise. I complained at american Honda and talked to albert chan - the highest ranking customer service person in this region (West coast) and he said, and I quote "it is a normal characteristic of a Honda Accord to have the brakes make the noise as of right now". he even mentioned that american Honda thinks that this is not 'yet' an issue. Sad to say, they have poor customer service and poor car quality. To think I bought the top of the line Honda Accord - with all the fixings!

- Los Angeles, CA, USA