CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.

BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.

OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2009 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Accord:

2009 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jun 262012

Accord

I am fortunate to be alive as my brakes were not working and I was coming off a ramp but driving in the speed limit...that is the key. There was nothing wrong with the brakes-but the "brake booster and master cylinder was leaking"a reliable mechanic did not detect anything-but I had the car towed to the dealership even though the brakes were now working fine. The mechanic at the first place said nothing was detected-there were no signs visual or electronic ( on the dashboard)of anything wrong. However the dealership said the master cylinder was leaking and damaged the brake booster. How was I to have known" there was no indication of this on the dash and no sign of anything. I am lucky to be alive because of the way I handled this situation. They are charging me a pretty penny and I feel I have a lemon. This is a product defect and could have killed many people.this is the first time but it could have been the last time as the car could have been totaled along with me.is this how one finds out about issues with brake boosters" I want my money back or I want a new car. I am very very uncomfortable driving this car now.

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

May 112012

Accord

The brakes on my Honda Accord 2009 ex have squeaked from day one. After 27000 miles the squeaking was extremely loud and continuous. Repair costs > $385 for new pads and resurfacing of the rotors that are expected to correct the issue. The car is under warranty and Honda refuses to fix the issue under warranty. Honda will provide $150 reimbursement that does not even cover half of the cost. It should be fixed under warranty at no cost to the owner.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA