CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.

BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.

OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

6.6

2009 Honda Accord lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Accord:

2009 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Dec 012008

Accord EXL 4 Cyl

I am extra cautious when I drive at night because of the lights blinking on my 2009 Honda Accord. I hold my breath each time I pass a truck on the expressway at night.

Honda says there is no fix and that there are no fatalities associated with this issue. I think the car is a great car but I pray my lights don't cause an accident in the future.

- , West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Oct 162009

Accord EXL 4-cyl

I have a 2009 Honda Accord with the same headlight blinking problem. If anyone has finally had this problem resolved, please contact me. I haven't noticed that the lights dim at any other time - only when the AC is on. I'm hoping to get some advise on what to tell the service department when I take it in for repair. Thanks!

- , Cranston, RI, USA

Aug 082009

Accord LXP V4

Bought a new 2009 Honda Accord lxp my head lights flicker on and off every 30 to 60 seconds when driving at night with the ac on. This is a problem because other drivers think that you are flashing your lights at them.

This is a very big safety risk

- , Denver, CO, USA

Apr 152009

Accord 4 cyl

I bought a 2009 Honda Accord 4 Cyl. and notice while driving at night the headlight dim and almost go out every 3 min. Not sure what is causing the problem. I find it very unnerving at times. Afraid the lights may go out while traveling down the road. Now that I know this is a problem with othr people I will take my car in to get it fixed. I will also let them know that other people have had this problem. Dealer neglected to mention that this was a on going problem when we brought this problem to his attention.

- , Standish, ME, USA

Apr 112009

Accord EXL 2.4L

I just bought a 2009 Honda EXL 4 cyl. The headlights blink when the A/C is turned on. They blink every 27 seconds...it's like driving a strobe light. I have taken it to the dealer twice, and there were very experienced with the problem, and say that it's a characteristic of the car and there's no fix. I didn't see this listed on the window sticker anywhere, and are talking to two other service departments about it. Apparently, a very big problem and my salesman never mentioned it to me when I called him the day after I drove at night for the first time. He fazed me a bulletin from Honda, so he was definitely aware of it. Driving more than twenty miles starts to put you in an unsafe position. I called Honda of North America and they said until a campaign or enough owners complain they are not going to do anything about it.

I have owned 6 Hondas and never had this problem. It looks like Honda is turning into just another American car company...last one that I will ever buy!

- , Seymour, TN, USA

Apr 212009

Accord LX 2.3L

head lights flicker at night when running the AC...they flash off then back on again..it gets old after a while...

- , Clayton, NC, USA

Nov 222008

Accord EXL 4 cyl

ALL THE LIGHTS ON MY 2009 HONDA ACCORD BLINKS. THE HEADLIGHTS AND THE INTERIOR LIGHTS ALSO BLINKS, IT REALLY GET TO BE A PROBLEM FOR ME AND THE CARS THAT I MEET. I OWN TWO HONDA ACCORD AND I DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH ANY OTHER CARS. HONDA TELL ME THAT THIS IS NORMAL. I REALLY HATE THIS CAR JUST BECAUSE OF THE LIGHTS

- , Culloden, GA, USA