CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.

BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.

OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2009 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Accord:

2009 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Jul 212016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Franklin, NC, USA

Jul 112016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was not available.

- Parkland, FL, USA

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jul 012016

Accord

When the recall first came out, I called and the dealer told me that I was not part to of the recall. This was in 2014 or 15" then I received a letter from the dealer stating that my car could possibly be part of the recall. I called the dealer and they informed me that the letter specifically was intended to sell me a new car using scare tactics. I spoke to american Honda because I was so mad at them for trying to sell me a new car, based on fear and they once again promised that my car was not part of the recall and offered me a $200 gift card. I recently received a letter dated July 2016 stating that in fact my car is part of the recall, and instructing me to not have, " any passenger sit in the front seat until repair." Now my car is in my garage since July undriveable. I cannot drive my family anywhere and the car sits. They cannot tell me when they will fix it. The dealer has lied to me from day one of the recall and now they are telling me to not have passengers sit in the front of the vehicle. What about the driver" technically, the driver isn't safe either according to the letter. I need help. I am without a car.

- Highland, CA, USA

Jul 012016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- John's Creek, GA, USA

Jul 222016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Geismar, LA, USA

Jul 232016

Accord

The contact owned a 2009 Honda Accord. While driving approximately 40 mph, the contact's vehicle crashed into another vehicle. The contact was uncertain of the damage to the other vehicle. The contact's front and rear driver side air bags failed to deploy with the impact. The contact suffered from whiplash, neck, and back injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a salvage facility. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000. The VIN was available....updated 09/12/16 updated 12/12/16 updated 12/12/16.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 262016

Accord

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V056000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Antelope, CA, USA

Takata recall

- Weirsdale, FL, USA

Jul 222016

Accord

Takata recall: I received a letter from Honda on 07/18/2016 informing me of the issue. I brought the car to the local dealer the next day and they told me to call Honda to arrange alternate transportation. I called on 07/19/16 and they told me that my report was received and they would provide alternate Transport as soon as possible. I called again on 07/21/2016 and found out that a case was never opened for me and there is no record of my contact on 07/19. Another case was supposedly opened, and I followed up again on 07/22/16, only to find out that again, my case was never created. I am driving a hazardous vehicle and Honda is refusing to provide alternative Transport. Only on my third attempt was a case opened, and I have not heard a response since. Honda is not allocating appropriate resources to the recall to provide alternate Transport to consumers at risk.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jul 192016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Ventura, CA, USA

May 242016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Glen, MS, USA

Jul 182016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Marcos, CA, USA

Jul 212016

Accord

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cameron Park, CA, USA

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jul 202016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Palermo, CA, USA

- Weirsdale, FL, USA

May 262016

Accord

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. While parking the vehicle, the air bag deployed on the front driver side once the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle was towed to a local mechanic, but was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- New York, NY, USA

Feb 182015

Accord

About a year ago when I arrived back home, my boyfriend (the driver) put the car in park, got out of my car on the passenger side, the car was still running, I closed the door, and boom! all of the passenger side air bags deployed. My kids were in the back seat immediately frightened. They did not inflate, they only dropped. I contacted american Honda, opened a claim, brought my car to a local dealer, and of course I was told that it was my fault. They are blaming the deployment on an accident that a previous owner had got into many years ago. After leaving the dealership, I tried contacting american Honda again to get further explanation and another inspection I never received a call back.

- Jeanerette, LA, USA

Jan 082015

Accord

I was driving down the road, a city street traveling 30 mph, and my driver side window airbag deployed. They have recently announced recalls on 2008-2009 Honda 4-door Accord for the sensitivity of the side impact sensors being too high. This isn't an issue that's exclusive to their 4-door sedans, and also relates to their 2 door coupe. As a result of my airbag deployment I took my car to Honda and they were unable to give me any explanation as to why my airbag deployed but wouldn't accept responsibility. I also had my insurance company inspect the vehicle and after their thorough examination they deemed it a manufacturer defect. As a result of the incident I wound up having to pay $2600 for my airbags to be replaced. Overall a very frustrating experience for someone who was a loyal Honda owner who wound up accepting financial responsibility without doing anything wrong.

- Arlington, TX, USA