CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.

BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.

OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2009 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Accord:

2009 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jul 062016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Nov 072016

Accord

"takata recall" american Honda failed to notify me when the passenger side airbag inflator replacement part became available. I did not know the part was available until I called the local Honda dealer after reading articles in the paper that the parts were available. Honda said in the article that they had sent letters and blamed car owners for being slow to respond when in fact this is not true. Please require Honda to notify owners immediately that parts are available so that other owners are not continued to be placed at risk. Thank you.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jul 152016

Accord

Takata recall, I received the notification of the recall in July of 2016, it is now November of 2016 with no sign of a fix. This is inexcusable, my car is not safe to have with passengers. The airbags have not deployed thankfully, but knowingly waiting to put a fix out for this recall is putting people at risk.

- Columbus, MS, USA

Jul 202016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 112016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool was unable to confirm part availability.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jun 232016

Accord

Takata recall have attempted both with local dealer and headquarters to obtain information about my airbag and the company has not been willing to help. I purchased a 2009 Honda Accord from autopark Honda in cary, nc several years ago. A few months ago I looked on recall.gov to see if the airbag installed in my vehicle is under recall. Recall.gov listed it as under recall. I contacted autopark about this. They said they didn't see a recall on my vehicle. I asked why it was showing on the government listing and they did not know. I asked if one of the takata airbags under recall (which are dangerous to have in the vehicle) was installed in my car. They were unable to tell me and declined to look into it. So, I wrote a letter to Honda's corporate headquarters (in torrance, ca) explaining and asking if one of the recalled takata airbags was installed in my vehicle. They sent me a form letter in return. I want to know what airbag is installed in my vehicle (make, model) and whether it is one of the malfunctioning airbags. If it is, I want to know how to get it replaced in a timely manner. I feel Honda should provide this information to me. I filed this complaint with the BBB a while ago and yet Honda still won't provide me with this information. They have provided inaccurate info to BBB such as they have tried to contact me (they have not). I am not sure what to do to obtain this basic safety information from Honda. My children ride in my car every day and I am worried about their safety. My email address is kate.hazard@gmail.com. If there is anything you can do to help me obtain this information it would be greatly appreciated.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

May 242016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 232016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Moultrie, GA, USA

Sep 212016

Accord

Takata recall - unreasonable time since notification for parts still not to be available to replace defected airbag(s). No matter whether I've had an incident I care for my uncle and can not take him places in my vehicle until your company deems it necessary to spend the money to fix its mistake. Please find an immediate solution or provide a loner car. And, I find it highly unlikely that the problem is only in the passenger airbag and not the driver or side airbags. Your notification did not provide enough explanation or peace of mind. You have lost a 4X Honda customer on a future car purchase and I'm sure many others due to your poor performance of this issue.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Jul 202016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the dealer was notified of this issue, but not the manufacturer. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Missouri, TX, USA

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

Jul 262016

Accord

Takata recall. Received notice in July 20016 re: Recall. States that no one should sit in the passenger seat. I have a wife and 2 children--what am I supposed to do? I've called Honda every week for the past month. They say sorry, but are of no help. The part has not even been manufactured yet. They are very bad at communicating and customer service. I need reliable transportation for my family.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 232016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Venice, FL, USA

Jul 212016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Franklin, NC, USA

Jul 112016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was not available.

- Parkland, FL, USA

May 232016

- Aurora, CO, USA

Accord

When the recall first came out, I called and the dealer told me that I was not part to of the recall. This was in 2014 or 15" then I received a letter from the dealer stating that my car could possibly be part of the recall. I called the dealer and they informed me that the letter specifically was intended to sell me a new car using scare tactics. I spoke to american Honda because I was so mad at them for trying to sell me a new car, based on fear and they once again promised that my car was not part of the recall and offered me a $200 gift card. I recently received a letter dated July 2016 stating that in fact my car is part of the recall, and instructing me to not have, " any passenger sit in the front seat until repair." Now my car is in my garage since July undriveable. I cannot drive my family anywhere and the car sits. They cannot tell me when they will fix it. The dealer has lied to me from day one of the recall and now they are telling me to not have passengers sit in the front of the vehicle. What about the driver" technically, the driver isn't safe either according to the letter. I need help. I am without a car.

- Highland, CA, USA

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- John's Creek, GA, USA

Jul 222016

Accord

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Geismar, LA, USA

Jul 232016

Accord

The contact owned a 2009 Honda Accord. While driving approximately 40 mph, the contact's vehicle crashed into another vehicle. The contact was uncertain of the damage to the other vehicle. The contact's front and rear driver side air bags failed to deploy with the impact. The contact suffered from whiplash, neck, and back injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a salvage facility. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000. The VIN was available....updated 09/12/16

- San Diego, CA, USA