CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2010 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord:

2010 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 012011

Accord 6-cyl

Driver's seat lumbar design causing driving safety issues note: It seems that this problem is more prominent for male drivers versus female drivers. This problem has become so bad that I refuse to drive it past 1 hour on the road; it just doesn't happen. Why is this so? because the driver's lumbar is improperly designed....my statement comes from experience of personally having several vehicles over the past 30 years in addition to driving rental vehicles on a very frequent basis (I typically place more miles on rental vehicles than my personal vehicles) ┐ and I really do enjoy driving vehicles on long trips when driving the vehicle I literally get a ┐pain in the back┐. I have made multiple seat adjustments with no success. The lumbar area becomes very painful where it forces me to get off the road to rest the back. If I do not do this I become irritable (doesn't go over well with my spouse or the family) and starts impacting my driving ability. I have taken measures to wear a flexible back brace that provide additional comfort, but that only lasted another hour prior to the ┐pain in the back┐ returning. This is unacceptable (& I have never done this with any other vehicle I have owned or rented) I have communicated to my wife (it is her vehicle) that I will no longer drive the Accord ex-L except on short trips (less than 60 minutes). The physical pain (legs, back, hip, etc.) the seat causes is unacceptable and needs resolved prior to my giving it another chance. I have done significant research since the purchase looking for fixes, etc. Including inquiring with dealership and speaking with Honda customer service with no assistance. The last result from the dealership was that the engineer did also experience the problem, but could not proceed further as Honda did not have a ┐tech note┐ on the problem. I spoke with Honda customer service (the 800 #) again on Friday about this with little success. Any help would be appreciated as this is unacceptable.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Jan 142011

Accord

First time I took my Honda Accord on a trip was January 2010, from Idaho to L.a. and back. By the time I got home, I had such a problem with my right leg that I had to have surgery to repair a knot behind my knee. This car has the worst front seat of any car I have ever owned. I too cannot believe that Honda, a company I have always trusted, would not fix this obvious flaw in design. I cannot take this car on another trip.

- Nampa, ID, USA

Sep 282010

Accord 4-cyl

After 9 years of perfect satisfaction with a 2001 Honda Accord, I purchased a new 2010 Honda Accord on 08/2010. Loud whining noise started after approx. 1000 miles of driving. Heard whine, loud and consistent on startup and the whine intensifies as the engine warms with driving. Dealer replaced power steering pump on my third trip to Honda service.noise continues even louder with new pump. A return trip to Honda dealer I was told it is a noise characteristic of this model. The nerve racking whine is deadened only with the radio vol. Turned up. Two other problems create very stressful driving conditions. The head rest extend too much forward creating severe neck strain and the stiff feel in the seats require constant shifting of position. I will never purchase nor recommend a Honda to anyone. My main concern now: Is this whine an indicator for an unsafe situation or for a more serious mechanical problem?

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Oct 212010

Accord

Driver's seat on 2010 Honda Accord causes severe back and neck pain after 15 minutes in the seat.

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 012010

Accord

Front driver and passenger seats are extremely hard and uncomfortable. There's a hard piece of plastic that runs the width of the seat that digs into thighs/buttocks and causes chronic hip/back pain and sometimes numbness. The seats are also too long which causes the front of the seat to dig into the back of knees. The headrest pushes head/neck forward in an awkward position which also causes neck and shoulder pain. There are no adjustments that can be made to remedy these pains and discomfort. Just driving or riding for short distances cause this discomfort/pain. Now, after 6 months of driving the car, the back/hip pain for me and my 16 yr old son is deemed chronic and there is really no relief other than not drive or ride in the car and we don't have another car. Honda should come up with a solution and at least offer an affordable fix. Numbness and pain of this sort for drivers is dangerous.

- Plano, TX, USA

Sep 082010

Accord

I have a 2010 Honda Accord exl. The driver seat is very uncomfortable and could possibly cause accidents by making the driver squirm around in the seat on long drives. Honda does not have a inflatable lumbar support, but a cheap piece of plastic that digs into the drivers back. This causes the driver to have to constantly squirm around on long drives to try and get comfortable enough to get there. The lumbar support feels like a brick in the drivers back making it hard to Focus on driving. I've heard of owners removing from the driver seat, the back of the seat and then removing the cheap piece of lumbar support plastic to get the brick feeling out of there back. I do not suggest this but want to make the NHTSA aware this is happening. Beside the seat problem the Accord is a good car, but I'd like to see a NHTSA investigator rent a 2010 Honda Accord exl and drive it for a few days, then take it on a long trip. See how your back feels then.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Oct 012010

Accord

The front seats are the most uncomfortable seats I've ever experienced. The front of the seat doesn't adjust downward enough and hits the wrong pressure points under the thigh, thus cutting off circulation in the leg. The seat is also too long and hits at the back of the knee right where your leg bends. The seat belt buckle hits and presses against the leg right where the leg/hip bends. This too cuts off circulation to the leg and makes it very difficult to walk when you get out of the car. I've been experiencing both leg, hip and back pain shortly after getting my new car. This is a major problem since I'm in the car for a very long time period on a daily basis.

- Queensbury, NY, USA

Oct 012010

Accord

2010 Honda Accord LX, driver seat is defective. Seat is extremely uncomfortable. Lower lumber region of seat has a hard piece of plastic protruding into the lower cushion of the seatback. Causing lower back pain.

- Sewell, NJ, USA

Sep 202010

Accord

Headrest complaints. Trying to buy a new Accord 2010 or 2011. Headrests force the neck into an uncomfortable forward position. 2005 Accord was perfectly comfortable but has been totalled and trying to get a newer car but it seems all the headrests have that forward thrust.

- Salem, VT, USA

Sep 072010

Accord

Seats in 2010 Honda Accord are very uncomfortable. They are hard and cause driver to move seat to remain comfortable.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 142010

Accord

Very uncomfortable seats are a distraction while driving. Need to use cushion or padding to drive long distances.

- Delaware, OH, USA

Aug 022010

Accord

My 2010 Honda Accord seats are so bad my back hurts all the time now, the lumbar jams in to my lower back and the headrest pushes my head forward. This is something that you find out after a few days of driving and then it's to late the dealers got you and when you complain they try and upsale you with a huge loss on your new car or you get sorry about your luck we've never heard of this. I started to drive my 1996 Explorer to relieve my back pain and let my new Honda sit in the garage. So much for saving fuel, and now I have a car payment on top of it.

- Middleburg, FL, USA

Mar 272010

Accord

Driver seatback: Too much outward arch right in the center of it that digs into driver's back. Safety hazard due to discomfort and physical pain during a mid to long driving range and the distractions it creates.

- Springdale, AR, USA

Apr 132010

Accord 4-cyl

The seats on the 2010 Honda Accord ex 4cyl which I just purchased new are so constructed that after driving it I have had to consult my doctor and receive extensive treatment from a physical therapist! I have a 2001 Honda and just sold my 1988 Honda and they did not have this seat defect. This is a serious matter: I can't drive or ride in the car. A search online discloses that many people have suffered from these badly designed seats.

- Olympia, WA, USA