Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2010 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord:

2010 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 032016

The angle of the headrest causes my head to look down. I cant sit straight!!!!!!!! it causes neck and back pain on longer trips!!!!!!

- Huntsville, AL, USA

May 042013

Front passenger airbags deployed without impact on my 2010 Honda Accord causing passenger injury. Honda verbally agreed to cover all costs then broke the verbal contract which has left me in a financial disaster as I am now having to pay for my monthly car payment as well as payments towards a loan of $14,000 to cover all costs of the airbag incident........ September 2014 I was involved in a automobile accident in which the air bags should have deployed but instead failed.

- Walnut, CA, USA

Jul 242013

Accord 4-cyl

Incredible uncomfortable driver and passenger seat. With in 30 min of driving, my lower back, bottom, neck, thighs and toes, get so sore, I have to stop, walk and stretch for 20 minutes before I can continue. I have been avoiding drives longer than 30 min, but sometimes traffic exists and it is not easy to accomplish. I have reach the point of no return. It is a shame as I love everything else about it...

- Magnolia, TX, USA

Jun 012011

Accord 4-cyl

The seats are so uncomfortable they are causing neck, back and leg pain. I have to have the seat leaning way back in order to drive the car. If I place in an upright alert position the headrest pushes my head forward.

- Rome, GA, USA

Jan 252013

Seats are not comfortable.

- Monsey, NY, USA

Aug 272010

The head rest/head restraint is in such a position as to cause awful neck ache!!! I put the seatback backward to give my head more room and I feel like I'm in a lawn chair or lazy boy. If I put the seatback in upright, alert, healthy position and the St*&@D head rest makes me lean my head forward and makes my neck ache! it's awful! did I say my neck is stiff and aches.

- Philomath, OR, USA

Feb 072014

Accord 4-cyl

The vehicle seat offer no comfort or support, but actually inflict severe and immediate back and hip pain. After driving the car only 15 miles in the interstate, I had back pain for 2 days. I don't want to get in my own car I just purchased. I want to take it back. Why is this allowed? how car a vehicle that causes injury continue to be sold. There should be a recall. There should be a fix. There should be a repair. I want my money and my health back!

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

May 222013

Accord 6-cyl

While beginning to accelerate from a parking spot, going somewhere between one to five miles per hour all passenger side air bags deployed. I thought for sure Honda would be willing to correct this major safety issue but much to my surprise, they were very rude and refused to pickup any costs I incurred from this incident ( a little over $10000 ).

- Walnut, CA, USA

Mar 082013

Accord 4-cyl

I started noticing right leg pain/numbness while driving my, new to me, 2010 Honda Accord ex home from the dealership. I thought I just didn't have my seat adjusted properly. The pain became much worse over the next few weeks, affecting both legs and left hip, but I thought it was still just me until I researched it. The real pain began after a 3 hour trip. The pain was so severe the next morning that I could barely walk and couldn't get out of pain. My doctor ordered an X-ray and then a bone scan to see if there was a fracture. The tests showed a condition called spondylolisthesis where the L4 vertebra was pushed forward on the L5 vertebra causing an impingement of the nerves that supply the legs. I contacted the dealership and they told me that my only recourse was to trade the car in on another vehicle(at a great loss to me). I haven't driven the car since. I've been to a doctor, a spinal specialist and am still getting physical therapy to address the pain and haven't driven the car in 2 months. I know the seat can be taken apart and plates removed to make it possible for me to drive it but that disables the safety features of the car. These seats would cause permanent damage to me if I continued to drive the car, if they haven't already, I have never had any issues with a car seat before. These seats are not just uncomfortable they are dangerous and need to be recalled. I have been a loyal Honda customer and would only consider buying a Honda. The seats in my other Honda were wonderful. I'm so disappointed that Honda won't fix this issue.

- Goode, VA, USA

Apr 232013

Accord 6-cyl

The front seats in this vehicle are extremely uncomfortable and cause back pain.

- Fairview, TX, USA

Nov 202011

Accord 4-cyl

2010 Honda Accord ex has very very bad seat design. Because of which I have been having to go to doctor almost every week. My back has become all weak and I have developed slight wing scapula because of this. I request Honda to take responsibility and address this issue.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Oct 012010

2010 Honda Accord. Consumer writes in regards to problems with vehicle brakes the consumer stated five months after purchasing the vehicle, the brakes failed. She took the vehicle to the dealer for an inspection, and the dealer stated brakes were considered wear and tear. It was never mentioned to the consumer, that there was a recall on the brakes. Honda denied the consumer's request for reimbursement, due to the claim was postmarked after the claim filing deadline of either November 29, 2010 or 90 days after the listed date of the repair, whichever was later. The consumer stated the brakes have been replaced three times. Also, there was a sharp metal object sticking out from the driver's seat.

- San Pablo, CA, USA

Aug 192010

Driver's seat is extremely uncomfortable. Neck and back pain. Other people has complained as well. Cannot stand driving for more than 30 minutes; after that I have pain, I MA tired and grumpy.

- Moonachie, NJ, USA

May 102011

Accord 4-cyl

I never had back pain. I now have back pain after driving the car for a week. It felt like a solid piece of wood or a brick was in the seat. There is no seat adjustment that is comfortable. It turns out the new design for the headrest to push forward in a rearend crash has included a big plastic panel held on by 2 metal bars located in the seat just behind the cushion (I removed seat back to see this). This bars attached to the plastic pulls the headrest forward if your back is pushed against the seat. The lumbar is also attached to this plastic. If you sit in the seat and pull the headrest forward you can feel the lump go away for the most part. Removing the plastic is the only thing that made the seat comfortable. However that disables the safety feature so I can't do that permanently. However that showed me the plastic in the seat back is the problem. Updated 6/26/12

- East Brunswick, NJ, USA

Dec 192010

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the driver's seat had become defective and had no padding in the seat. The contact was in chronic pain due to the position of the seat. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who had to order a replacement seat for the vehicle. The replacement seat was installed but the contact stated that there were no changes in the seat position, as the pain continued on her right side. The manufacturer was notified of the failure who offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 7,000 and the current mileage was 22,000.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Feb 182012

Accord 4-cyl

I had a 2008 Accord, which seating was very comfortable. I trade for a 2010 with all the same equipment and leather seats (same as 2008), but have major issues with the lack of comfort, lack of adjustable to support the back and legs. I, like others I've read, have backaches, neck pain and leg problems when I drive this car. It's ridiculous. Who changed the design of comfortable seats to this junk"? why would the design change at all?" sometimes improvements aren't really improvements, and this is a prime example. Shamed on Honda. I've owned four Honda. I sure won't buy another one with uncomfortable seating.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Nov 052009

Accord 4-cyl

I leased a new 2010 Accord ex 4-cyl. On the drive home from the dealer I noticed the seat was not to my liking and tried to adjust it to no avail. The discomfort caused by the lumbar support in the active restraint system in the front driver's seat is intolerable. As others have noted, it is very noticeable on long drives over an hour and may cause a safety issue by the distraction it creates due to constantly shifting around trying to find a comfortable position. I have contacted Honda of America and have gone back to the dealership several times with no solution. I'm dismayed by Honda's lack of response to this problem and specifically to my complaint with a 'sorry'. I'm now experiencing back pain which I've never had until driving this car around for the last two years.

- Centennial, CO, USA

Oct 272011

I have owned this car for a little over a year. The front seats are so uncomfortable they makes me tense know I have to get back in it. After riding for a short distances my neck and back hurt. How could a company make a new car and put such horrible seats in them. The back seat ride better than the front if I could only drive sitting in the back seat. The car might run well and get decent gas mileage but I would never purchase another Honda. If they used real people riding in these seats they would have corrected this problem before placing them in their cars. Honda please correct this problem.

- London, KY, USA

Aug 182011

The 2010 Honda Accord headrests lean forward at such an extreme angle that they cause a significant number of drivers enough discomfort that they (myself included) frequently modify or remove them completely, nullifying any safety gains that might have been realized with a forward-leaning design. NHTSA standards should require manufacturers to allow drivers to adjust the headrests to a comfortable position to avoid drivers modifying or removing them entirely.

- Monrovia, CA, USA

Jan 012011

Accord 4-cyl

Having owned 6 Honda over several years. This is the most uncomfortable car I have ever owned. I can only drive it for short distances otherwise I get backaches and also bothers my hip.

- Oregon, OR, USA