CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

7.3

1. front brakes almost new, back brakes need to be replaced (34 reports)
  2. the only solution is replacing the pads at your own expense (17 reports)
  4. front bakes almost new, back brakes need to be replaced (7 reports)
  5. changed calipers, rotors, and pads (3 reports)
  6. replaced rear rotors and brakes (1 reports)
2010 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord:

2010 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Dec 142013

Accord EX-L 4 cyl

I purchased my 2010 Accord EX-L with Navi in May of 2013 with 27,000 miles on it. After about a month of ownership I noticed some noise coming from the rear brakes and a vibration when stopping. I took my car to Brown Honda where they said that there was nothing wrong with the brakes and it was not a warranty issue. The noise kept getting worse and worse and after reviewing the service records that were in the car when I bought it I determined that the rear brakes had been replaced at 21,000 miles!!! This is crazy. Coming back from a work trip in December of 2013 the brakes started squealing badly. When I got home I took the wheels off and saw that both rear pads were totally gone. Brakes being replaced twice at 36,000 miles is awful. With all the other problems I have had with this car this will be my last Honda and also my family will not be buying another either. We have 5 honda cars at my house and this is the last. My 94 had 280,000 miles on it and was still going strong and that only needed brakes ever 40,000-50,000 miles. Please Honda fix your piece of crap cars

- , Palmyra, VA, USA

May 102012

Accord ES 3.7L V6

The rotors vibrate from the warping and now have begun to squeal a lot especially when backing up.

- , Cypress, TX, USA

May 122012

Accord

I have had a very troubling and disappointing experience with the Honda Accord my wife and I purchased from Rick Roush Honda (Medina Ohio) in July of 2010. I have attempted to work out a solution through the dealer but was told by Mark Igleheart the assistant service manger that the Honda zone manager has refused to offer any compensation.

This was our second purchase of a Honda in the family after a string of four Nissans. It was a big change for us to leave Nissan as they have serviced us well. I currently drive a 2001 Altima with over 157,000 miles. The Maxima we traded in for the Accord had over 175,000 miles. My son drives a 2002 Altima with over 120,000 miles. None of these vehicles required rear brakes at 30,000. Up until this point we have been pleased with our Accord.

Since our purchase we have had our Accord serviced at Rick Roush Honda, the last time being on Saturday May 12th.

We were expecting a normal $25.00 - $30.00 oil change. Imagine our surprise when the total cost for the services came to $515.32.

A) Maintenance Minder Code “B” Service $82.27. I have no issue with this service as it makes good common sense.

B) Replaced Engine and Cabin (HEPAA) Air Filters per Maintenance Minder Code “2” Code. $66.55. Again no issue.

C) Replaced rear brake pads and rotors $323.02. This is where I have an issue. According to the inspection checklist “rear pads frozen in penches” caused the rotors to over-heat.

There is no reason why this should have occurred to a vehicle with 30,000 miles. Rear brakes should last 60,000 – 70,000 miles. It is quite obvious this premature brake wear is a braking system defective the same as or similar to the issue in the class-action lawsuit settled in late 2010.

Have or will other 2010 Honda Accord owners experience the same problem?

Has Honda orchestrated a cover up to avoid the bad press and a costly recall at the expense of the safety of its customers?

I expect a reimbursement from Honda for the $323.02 charge including the sales tax. That will be a total of $344.02 ($323.02 + tax of $21.00.

I am also requesting that Honda tell me what steps it is taking to correct this problem.

- , Broadview Hts, OH, USA

May 012012

Accord LX V6

Purchased my 2010 from a dealership in Utah, great experience! Moved to Morgan Hill, CA and took the car in for a rattle noise in the trunk and an oil change. Came back to inform me the rear brakes are worn out and need to be replaced. HOWEVER, there is a class action lawsuit that will reimburse you $125 for the cost, you just have to fill out the paper work. Scheduled the repair a month or so later, fill out the paper work and sent it in. After waiting for the reimbursement for 2 months, called to inquire about our payment and were informed only a small amount of 2010 models were affected. WTH? I was told $125 of my cost would be reimbursed to me through this class action lawsuit. I am upset about a couple of things. First, that the damn brakes are worn out after just 26000 miles. I have owned MANY new cars and have NEVER had to replace the brakes this soon. Second, I am irritated that the service tech mislead me into believing that I would be reimbursed $125 of my cost by this class action lawsuit. Honda can look up so many things via the VIN #, why the hell can't they be honest and forthright in telling a customer if their particular VIN # will or will not be covered under this issue. They sure as hell would know if they were going to cover it under the warranty or not! I have loved my honda accord, but after this experience I am so disappointed in the lack of integrity of their dealership here in Morgan Hill, that I am not sure I will buy another one. I thought Honda was so much better than this! So disappointed!

- , Morgan Hill, CA, USA

Jul 062013

Accord LX 2.4L 4 cyl

My accord is the worst car I've ever purchased! I had a 92 accord I had for 13 years and sold it at 286k miles with hardly any work besides general maintenance. I bought this 2010 as a certified Honda in March 2011 with 13k miles on it and all I've had is problems!

At 18k I had to replace the rear brakes, then at 25k the front brakes. Then, I had to go back in because a bolt came out after the front brakes were replaced (at least they fixed that for free). NOW at approx 39k miles my master cylinder is failing! I took it into the dealership (again) and ended up driving off cause they wanted to charge me $50 to just look at my brakes (they said it's cause they have to take the tires off, which I then offered to go back and do it myself so it would be free--they weren't amused). So I called a competing Honda dealership and they agreed to at least look at it for free. I get my car serviced at a place closer to my house and they are certified (all used to work at a Honda dealership and got tired of the way they treated people---they diagnosed the problem and told me to go back to dealership to see if thy would replace it for free).

I was wondering if anyone else had master cylinder issues this early? If they do not replace it for free then I plan to do the repair myself (with a friend's help of course). The place I take mine quoted me $450...so I don't even want to know what the dealership would actually charge.

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Sep 192012

Accord LX 4 cyl

We bought a 2010 Honda Accord with 9,000 miles on it last November (2011). Six months later (18,000 miles on the car), the front brake pads were worn to nothing and needed changing. They weren't going to cover them under warranty until I actually took the issue to the manger of the service department. Now it is six months later (29,000 miles on the car), and the brakes need done again! Once again, they say they won't cover them under warranty. I am waiting in the dealership right now for the service manager. This is ridiculous!

I'm 33 years old and have owned many (over 10) different cars in my life and front brakes have always lasted me at least 40,000 miles. I also owned a 200 Honda Accord, 2004 Honda Pilot, and a 2007 Honda CRV before this car and will never buy a Honda again. They must have changed their company philosophy sometimes after 2007 and I hope they go out of business. Do they seriously expect people to believe that front brakes should only last 10,000 miles?

It really sucks because other than this issue I have had no issues with the car, and I love the way Hondas drive, but $200-$300 a year for brake maintenance is not something I expect out of my car in the long term. I can only hope it has held it's value, like Honda have always done, when I try to trade it in- which will be very soon...

- , Summerfield, FL, USA

Jan 232013

Accord LX V6

I have only had this car for 3 years. The 1st year I barely drove the vehicle because I have another Honda (CRV). So, my back disc pads or whatever should not have worn out so quickly. I have a 1999 Honda CRV and I believe I have only replaced the brakes once or twice.

- , Milwaukee, WI, mexico

Sep 122012

Accord 2.4L

I had a 2008 Honda Accord that had the same problem and I raised hell with the dealership until they finally replaced the rotors and brake pads at no charge....this was prior to the class action law suit

I lease a 2010 Honda Accord the end of October 2010. At 27,000 miles i was told that my rear brake pads were half way worn and needed to be replaced. I declined. Now 5,000 miles later when I took my car in for an oil change they are telling me it's worn down and needs to be replaced immediately to prevent damage to the rotors. This is totally ridiculous! This time they are claiming its normal for rear brake pads to need replacing between 20-30K miles. and that I'm lucky. WTF???

The research I have done shows rear pads should last 50-60K miles before needing to be changed and I realize that this is an estimate and there are variables.

Either way as much as I love Honda they really need to get this resolved.

- , Pompano Beach, FL, USA

Feb 152013

Accord ES V6

The dealer said not covered under warranty and most of the 30,000 miles was all highway driving, since they have had class action suit with brakes on there 2008 and 2009 cars I think they should add this year and make to the list of recall. I have owned 3 other honda accords and I would think twice about buying another one. Charlie

- , North Salem, NY, USA

Mar 292013

Accord LX

Rear brake, driver side, are done after only 38000km. The passenger side, the disk start to degrade. This is not normal. The dealer told me that this is normal. After seaching on the internet I found a lot of complaint regarding the rear brake of the Accord 2009, 2010. Go see the site: http://www.clg.org/Recours-Collectif/Liste-des-recours-collectifs/Honda-plaquettes-de-frein-arri%C3%A8re-recours-collectif-national#thisform . This is for a lawsuit against Honda. Go and register.

- , Notre-Dame de L'Ile Perrot, Quebec, canada

Mar 262013

Accord LX 2.4L

I have never replaced back brakes on my other cars. I know something is wrong! Honda needs fix the back brakes!

- , Baton Rouge, LA, USA

May 182013

Accord EX-L V6

Rear brake pads completely worn down while front pads have lots of life left! Bought a new car to not have deal with this nonsense! I expect to replace pads over time but not in this order!!!!

Make it right Honda!

- , East Hartford, CT, USA

May 112013

Accord 4

In the first 6 months: The sun shade/mirror above driver seat fell off. The car key lost its power in first 6 month and car key had to be rekeyed . Like others, the front brake pads look new at 36000 miles and the rear pads had to be replaced in time to save the rotors. This is the first time I have seen the rear brakes wear out before the front after 50 years of driving. I think the hydralic brake pressure is set to low for the front brakes and the rear pads are to small or need another material rather thansemi metalic. Have been a Toyota customer until buying this Accord new. Guess I go back to Toyota or check out the Fords.

- , Fresno, CA, USA

Mar 202013

Accord 2.4L

2010 HONDA ACCORD back brakes replaced 17,955 miles and again at 36,358 miles. The front brakes are great! I have never replaced them. I don't ride my brakes as was suggested by the dealership. I have an automatic car and I use lower gears to slow car down especially on a decline. I know something is wrong! Sounds like the back brakes do all the work! The cost for the first replacement was $264. 2 years later $279.

I called Honda America. They did not say much. They said normal wear. Maybe true if this was my first car and I was learning to drive. This is not my first car, but my first Honda and I own it. Makes me think about what my next car will be. At this rate, if I'm replacing brakes every 18,000, by the time 100,000 miles rolls around, the back brakes will have been replaced 5 times. Sounds so messed up!

- , Carmel, New York, USA

Mar 022013

Accord EX V6

My car has only 26,000 miles and I had to replace my rear disc rotors and pads. The front pads were like new. This cost me around $320!! My husband has a 2001 Honda Civic and just a few years ago had to replace it's rotors/brakes! I can't be spending $320 every 26,000 miles!!!!

- , San Mateo, CA, USA

Mar 092013

Accord LXP 4cly

Wow I can not believe there are so many people with the same problem with the brakes on a 2010 Accord, that I have had. My next door neighbor has a 2010 Accord, he has had to take his in to replace the rear brakes, with less than 30,000 miles on it . My Son bought his 2010 Accord brand new, and has had to replace the rear brakes twice on his within the first 28,000 miles of owning his car. I have driven Honda's for almost 20 years now. I traded my 04 Accord in for this used 2010 LPX Accord,last year with 13,000 miles on it. It now has 28,900 miles on it. I noticed a grinding sound on it coming from the rear of the car yesterday , like metal on metal. I called the dealership the next day, which was a Sunday, they got me in within a couple hours to look at it, I got the call within an hour saying the rear brakes need to be replaced. The cost was $327.32. It was not covered under factory warranty. I got on line to find out if there has been any complaints like mine about the brakes on the 2010 Accord. So glad i found this site. I am here to sound off loud and clear to Honda that this is unacceptable. If Honda believes that it is ok not to recall these cars to get this problem fixed, well I will never again buy another Honda. I will tell everyone I Know, to replace Their Honda with something else. I hope Honda will make this right,

- , Milton, Washington, USA

Dec 202012

Accord EX 2.4L 4 cyl

I have had three other Honda's, all Civic's (98,00,06) and none have had to have brake pads replaced before 30k, especially on the rear. I know Honda is using EBD to apply more braking to the rear brakes, but then why have small rotors and pads than the front?

The frequency of having to pay $150 to $250 every 30k on the rear make me believe that Honda can no longer be considered economical as the service bills to keep the car in good shape are now increasing. Next time the rear brakes need to be replaced is the time I put it up for sale!

Update from Feb 5, 2013 - Note: My Honda service rep and tech both agreed that the rear brakes are smaller than the front brakes. If EBD is placing more reliance on the rear brakes, the the brakes on the back should be equivalent to the front. The rear rotors and pads need to be larger, the rear brake calipers also have a tendency to stick and drag, and the friction material used in the original equipment rear brake pads is too soft for this type of application.

- , Gilbert, AZ, USA

Dec 152012

Accord LX 2.4L V4

click to see larger images

premature wear

We purchased this Honda Accord in Nov 2010. Dec 2012 with 24K miles the right rear brake was grinding. We took the car in to the Honda dealership with our complaint. They told us it was normal wear and tear on the brake and not covered under the warranty. It would cost $273 to re-surface the rotors and replace the pads.I told them if that was normal wear and tear for a Honda Accord, Honda makes an inferior car. I told them to take it off the lift and I will get it fixed someplace else. They charged me $21 for putting it up on their lift. Still fighting that charge. Ended up costing us $200 to get the rotors and pads replaced somewhere else. Honda should be ashamed of the quality of their Accords and dealers.

- , Gloversville, NY, USA

Jan 122013

Accord EX 2.4L

Delearship where car was leased said it was my problem...made appointment at another and as I drove into service area the advisor said it was brakes and my problem...quoted price $185 to fix (no warranty)...took to trusted mechanic, fixed for $20 less with concerns about rotors (long term).

- , Raymore, MO, USA

Nov 052012

Accord LX

I called both the local dealership (Jones Honda, Lancaster, PA) and the dealership where I bought the car (Roberts, Downingtown, PA) and both places brushed me off. Frustrating! Honda customer service used to be the BEST in the industry, but apparently no more. I feel fairly certain that Roberts knew about the problem when they sold the car to me. How dare they not back their product! This is the last Honda I will buy.

- , Lancaster, PA, USA