CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2010 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord:

2010 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Mar 172014

Accord 4-cyl

Replaced rear brake pads at 22000 miles, now at 27000 miles have to replace all 4 rotors and pads.

- Rittman, OH, USA

Jan 062014

Accord 6-cyl

When I went to apply the brakes to stop at an intersection, the brake pedal was hard and brakes did not work at all. If it is under 20 degrees outside, this happens when the car is first driven after sitting for awhile. I am now looking at replacing the brake booster and check valve. This is a major safety concern because I do not know if my car will stop or not when I am driving. After doing some research, Honda had recalled previous years models for this same issue, but there is not a recall for this particular model year. Several people in forums are complaining of the same issues. Perhaps yet another class action lawsuit is in order for.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Dec 142013

Accord 4-cyl

Rear brakes started making a terrible noise at highway speeds. Car was vibrating when slowing to a stop. Noticed braking reduction. This was the second time the rear brakes have been replaced at 36,000 miles.

- Palmyra, VA, USA

Jun 052013

Accord 4-cyl

I found that Honda Accord has recalls. I got my oil change in April/may - 2013 for my Honda Accord and Honda dealer found everything good and brakes were close to 8 (on the brake measuring scale) on all the wheels. In just 2 months, the rear brake started making noise and then I came across the Honda Accord brake recall issue. Now I have got the repair done and sent the details to Honda. Honda is denying the reimbursement saying that my car does not fall in the recall category (they have selected some vins which meets those conditions). My question is how Honda can decide which vins have the problems and which does not have until people report them. Anyway, I am very unhappy with Honda about not reimbursing this repair cost.

- Coraopolis, PA, USA

Jun 242013

Accord

The rear brake started making noise. When I checked at the repair shop they told me that I need to have the rear brake replaced. The total cost I was told was $ $305.66. The car was approximately driven - 26500 miles that too under normal conditions, mostly on highways.

- Moon Township, PA, USA

Aug 242013

Accord 4-cyl

I had tires rotated at 36K miles and Firestone advised me of irregular wear on my right rear brakes. The brake pad rubs constantly based on a caliper and rotor malfunction. I verified recalls pertaining to my Honda and found no relevant information; however, it appears there is a problematic issue with premature and irregular wear. Honda should be held accountable for faulty brake components leading to unwarranted safety vulnerabilities and excessive consumer expenses.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Apr 102013

Accord 4-cyl

While puting rear wheels on lock, and then rotating tires by hand, makes sound of two metals touching with each others, this experiment made by me when I noticed that my rear brake pads are worn out rapidly, then I replaced brake pads in fire stone, but problem remained the same, I visited fire stine again, they said that is manufacturing defect, then I found out from various on line sourses that certain Honda Accord made during 2007 to 2010 have same defect from factory, looks like brake assembly line from supplier is defective during certain period.in short rear brake pads always remains touching with brake plates without pressing brake pad, not too much but little bit.

- Windsor Locks, CT, USA

Aug 052013

Accord

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to the dealer for an oil change and the dealer stated that the rear brake pads needed to be replaced. The contact stated that they did not have any problem with the brakes, but the brakes had worn prematurely. The VIN was not available the failure and current mileages were 18,000.

- Williams Town, NJ, USA

Mar 202013

Accord 4-cyl

The rear brake pads were completely worn down @22,004 miles while front pads are great (8mms). I'm a old, good driver and never replace the back brake pads first. This sounds like a safety defect. I know something is wrong! Honda needs fix the back brakes!

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Mar 252013

Accord 4-cyl

Rear brake pads wear down fast, they require a change at least twice before the front brake pads wear down. Pads show uneven wear, it maybe a caliper defect.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 122013

Accord 4-cyl

Vehicle driven about 18,000 miles and rear brake pads wore out much faster than usual. Honda service says they are 2mm where fronts are 8mm. Faulty rear pads wearing out faster on the inside (pistons sticking) this inspection done in Honda orlando and Honda America insists that brake pads are fine despite the rear, where there is least weight wears out faster than front, where the most weight is ! I am not the only one complaining about it. Make sure yo get your brakes inspected before you buy any Honda's cause they are not helpful at all. If this is happening to you, you are on your own. I made multiple calls to different service centers and Honda America. They just simply don't care. They got great customer service until you buy a vehicle form them. Once you have a problem (even on a Honda certified vehicle) you are on your own. Make sure you do not buy Honda breaks if you replace them with your budget cause you will keep replacing them soon again. Clearly there is a problem and Honda America has been ignoring it. I tried to explain on the phone again after talking to Honda service. I passed the information to Honda America. They are like; your vehicle is certified but we are not going to replace your brake pads. Never heard of a rear brake pads go our before the front.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Mar 122013

Accord

1. I believe the rear brake system on 2010 Accord has a design flaw that causes the inboard rear brake pads to wear unevenly and to wear faster than the outboard pads. 2. the rear brake pads have had to be replaced twice since I purchased this vehicle new, on October 7, 2009: The first replacement was on September 2, 2011 at 36,365 miles and the second replacement was on March 12, 2013 at 67,699 miles. 3. March 12, 2013 pad replacement. The inboard pads on both sides are worn down far more than the outboard pads. Also, the inboard pads are worn unevenly: One of the inboard pads has 2 mm left on the end near the break pad wear indicator & 3 mm left on the other end, the other inboard pad has 1 mm left on the end near the break pad wear indicator & 2 mm of pad left on the other end. The outboard pads are worn evenly and both have 5-6 mm of pad remaining. 4. this is just not right! both inboard and outboard should wear evenly and at the same rate and give more than 31,000 36,000 miles of useful service. 5. I believe there is a design flaw with the caliper and/or the caliper mechanism and the embedded parking brake mechanism. Perhaps the design of the parking brake mechanism sometimes allows it to not release properly? my fear is that this design flaw will cause the rear brakes to malfunction while driving. 6. genuine Honda parts were installed with both rear brake pad replacements and the front brake pad replacement. This vehicle has a normal mix of highway and town driving and very little stop-N-go city driving. Neither my wife nor I "ride" the brakes. I believe "normal" wear, considering our driving habits, for the rear brakes is 50,000-60,000 miles.

- Hampton, GA, USA

Mar 112013

Accord 4-cyl

The rear brakes prematurely wear out. I have had to replace the rear brakes twice. First at 23000 miles and again at 53000 miles.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Mar 042013

Accord 4-cyl

The rear brakepads on Honda Accord 2010 wear off at 45,000 miles. I've had Honda civic before and no such issue. The Accord has poorly made brakepads and according to Honda dealers -- the pads should last at least 70,000 miles. Very unhappy with Honda -- they settled a brakepad lawsuit for 2008 and 2009 model but did not fix the 2010 model.

- Farmingdale, NY, USA

Dec 172012

Accord

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. The contact stated while driving, the brakes failed to engage. The failure occurred several times. The contact was able to avoid a crash twice by turning the vehicle off. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times for the failure. The dealer flushed the brake system and replaced the master cylinder; however, the failure was not corrected and the brakes failed to engage. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 52,146. The current mileage was 52,562.

- Hyde Park , MA, USA

Nov 192012

Accord 4-cyl

Rear brakes diagnosed by Honda as "requiring immediate attention" due to excessive wear. This with only 21810 miles. Honda claims wear is at the "low end of average." I feel wear is extremely premature. Honda claims no mechanical manfunction contributed to the wear and repairs are not covered by warranty. This vehicle has a normal mix of highway and town driving with very little city driving.

- New Fairfield, CT, USA

Sep 122012

Accord

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for routine maintenance when the technician advised that the rear brakes would have to be replaced because they were worn. The vehicle was repaired however, the contact stated that the brakes became worn prematurely. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and a complaint was filed. The approximate failure mileage was 20,169.

- San Diego, CA, USA

May 012012

Accord 6-cyl

Premature brake wear and failure.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Sep 052012

Accord 4-cyl

The right rear brake makes a noise as if the brake pads are worn out and it sounds like metal surfaces scratching each other. Notified Honda and they said the brake pads are not covered. I have an appointment with Honda to take it for repair. Both bake pads until 70000 miles(generally this is the life for brake pads) and the related wear caused by worn out brake pads should be covered by Honda.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 012012

Accord 4-cyl

Had to replace rear brakes on new 2010 Honda Accord. This seems very premature for a new car. We are disappointed our car is not covered by the earlier class action, even though it is a 2010. Honda should not be allowed to sell cars if rear brakes fail at 20,000+ miles.

- Carmichael, CA, USA