Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2010 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord:

2010 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jun 152012

Accord 4-cyl

Went to Honda dealer for regular service at 25000 miles. Was told I needed rear brakes replaced and flushed. $200 for the brake replacement and $170 for the flush. Seems very early to have this service done. The car is still under warranty but was not covered.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 182012

Accord 6-cyl

Bought my 2010 Honda Accord V6 exl new. At 45,000 miles the car experienced extreme shaking of the steering wheel and shuddering of the whole car when the brakes were applied at a speed of 70mph while on a trip. This was occurring whether the brakes were very lightly applied or more firmly applied. A repair shop said the rear rotors and rear brakes were needing to be replaced. The repair was performed and it reduced the symptoms by about 90%. now last week on another trip, the car began experiencing the exact same symptoms as it had prior to the 45000 mile repair. I have an appointment at the originating Honda dealer on July 5th to address the problem. The over the phone speculation by the service advisor is "it's the front rotors". these are expensive repairs but more important, the condition is dangerous when it happens. Few things are more important than the brakes!

- Blythewood, SC, USA

May 052012

Accord 4-cyl

I have had a very troubling and disappointing experience with the Honda Accord my wife and I purchased from rick roush Honda (medina Ohio) in July of 2010. I have attempted to work out a solution through the dealer but was told by the assistant service manger that the Honda zone manager has refused to offer any compensation. We were expecting a normal $25 - $30 oil change. Imagine our surprise when the total cost for the services came to $515.32. A) maintenance minder code "B" service $82.27. I have no issue with this service as it makes good common sense. B) replaced engine and cabin (hepaa) air filters per maintenance minder code "2" code. $66.55. Again no issue. C) replaced rear brake pads and rotors $323.02. This is where I have an issue. According to the inspection checklist; rear pads frozen in pinches" caused the rotors to overheat. There is no reason why this should have occurred to a vehicle with 30,000 miles. Rear brakes should last 60,000? 70,000 miles. It is quite obvious this premature brake wear is a braking system defective the same as or similar to the issue in the class-action lawsuit settled in late 2010. Have or will other 2010 Honda Accord owners experience the same problem? has Honda orchestrated a cover up to avoid the bad press and a costly recall at the expense of the safety of its customers" I expect a reimbursement from Honda for the $323.02 charge including the sales tax. That will be a total of $344.02 ($323.02 + tax of $21.

- Broadview Hts, OH, USA

Jun 022012

Accord 4-cyl

At 42K miles, brake wear indicator began to indicate premature wear on left rear wheel. I know this was a problem with 2008-2009 and some 2010 models, figured it should have been fixed when I received mine.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 242012

Accord 4-cyl

This complaint is in regard to the rear brake system on my 2010 Honda Accord. Through my own research, Honda has not issued a recall due to premature wear of the rear brakes in my model year Accord, however I learned that they recently settled a class action lawsuit in response to owner complaints about this problem. My vehicle had 22,000 miles on it as of April 24, 2012, the date of my last service. I was informed by a dealership technician that my rear brakes needed to be replaced and that they had only 2 mm of brake pad left on them. I was told that my front pads had 7 mm of brake pad remaining on them. I asked the technician if there was a reason for why rear brake pads would wear out so quickly on a vehicle to which I was given the answer that most automobiles nowadays have the rear brake system providing more of the stopping power than in previous years. I need not go into my own knowledge, nor my personal opinion in this matter. However, the reason I am lodging this complaint does have to do with my knowledge of how braking systems work in automobiles. Hence, I thought it prudent to apprise your institution to this issue so as to point out what may be a material defect in my automobile, as well as many others as I would presume. For the record, I bought my car brand new, have had it regularly serviced according to the manufacturer's guidelines, and the car has not been subjected to any out of the ordinary driving conditions.

- Shirley, NY, USA