CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2010 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord:

2010 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jun 042016

Accord

I bought my 2010 Honda Accord 2dr LX-S (5A) brand new in August 2010 and have had several issues with it since - most of which has gotten worse that I am scared for my safety and those on the road. - while driving on both highway and non highway speeds ranging from 15mph - 60mph severe rubber smell and grinding of brakes-sounded as if the entire car was going to fall apart. When I got home the rear brakes and pads were completely rusted, black and were extremely hot to touch. Schaumburg dealership said the rear pads weren't installed correctly. -everyday since mile 25,000 my car when started at any time has made a large and extremely loud cranking noise that lasts about 2 seconds. Schaumburg dealership days this is related to the I-vtec 4-cylinder engine but it was no longer under warranty. (this was at 71,000 miles). No fuss had been made had they said it is completely fine with the cranking noise. -when turning and driving in general the car makes a weird whining noise from 0mph - 45mph I've noticed this many times as when turning left or right my vehicle ias extremely uneven. This also could relate to the starting wheel being 5 inches to the right when the wheels are straight; I've paid for multiple alignments and it continues to happen. -lastly the breaking system is terrible and does not stop correctly. I now have to slow down almost to a complete stop 500 feet prior so they work; I have to drive extremely slow and be very cautious.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA

Sep 092014

Accord

Car was bought 2 years old, breaks started to make a scratching noise in 2014 and got progressively worse. We brought it to the Honda dealer where we bought the car, they sucked us in and made us pay over $1,000 for new breaks, rotors, calipers etc. April 2016 the car was started one morning, immediately the noise I heard in 2014 I heard again but much worse. The noise happened when the car was idling. We brought the car to a local mechanic, this mechanic told me I needed new breaks, rotors, calipers etc. The same problem that I had in 2014. The dealer knew about these Honda's having a break issue, wondering why my dealer did not mention this.

- Tyngsboro, MA, USA

Dec 152015

Accord

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. The contact stated when making a left turn, a screeching noise occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the rear brake pads needed replacement. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure occurred every time a left turn was intended. The VIN was invalid. The approximate failure mileage was 36,000.

- South Windsor, CT, USA

Mar 182015

Accord

On 3/18/15 I took our 2010 Honda Accord with 28,037 miles to Suburban Honda in farmington hills, mi for a oil change, the service manager notified me that the driver side rear pads have worn out to the point of wearing out the rotor beyond turning to repair, and I need a new caliper that as we know must be replaced in pairs. His price for repairs was $1027.60 + tax =$1089.26 I took the vehicle to my neighborhood auto repair facility and had all new pads, rotors and calipers replaced for $650.04 this costly expense at this low mileage of a brand new vehicle is completely unacceptable, how many other trusting customers bought this vehicle and had the same or similar rear brake fail as well. At the least Honda should reimburse us for all of the repairs. At 28,049 miles both front tires had to be replaced do to premature ware

- Novi, MI, USA

Aug 012014

Accord

I have had to change my rotors brakes and calipers 4 times since last August. I just changed the rotors and brakes for the 3rd about 3 months ago and they are grinding again. I went out for lunch and when I get back to work I hear a grinding. I get to work and look and its on the rotor. This is ridiculous, I do not know what else to do. Mind you in October on a road trip the caliper malfunctioned and I had to drive with the brake clamped down on the rotor. Cost me $850 to fix! this is ridiculous

- Rocky Hill, CT, USA

Jul 032015

Accord

During a recent inspection, I was told that my brakes barely passed and would only last approximately another 3,000 miles. I have 17,000 miles on my Honda! I inherited this car last year from my uncle who passed. He purchased the car new in 2010 and put less than 4,000 miles on it in 4 years. I heard there was a problem with the brakes of certain years on Accord, including the one I have. I was also told that Honda would fix this as a courtesy to owners because there were so many complaints. In 2015, this is no longer an option. At no point has Honda recalled the vehicle. How can they get away with putting such cheap products on a vehicle that costs more than 30K" this is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I will fight this and make such a big stink until this problem is cleared. At no point should I have to pay to replace brakes at 17,000 miles. This is absurd. What can I do at this point"

- Pipersville, PA, USA

Feb 052013

Accord 4-cyl

In 2012 (25kmi - two year old vehicle) required brake pad replacement. 2015 (55K mi required replacement of rear brake pads, rotors. It was taken in for excessive heat and non-stop squeaking. Two months later, again, excessive heat (too hot to touch rim). Took back to repair shop and they had to replace calipers.

- Franklin, WI, USA

Feb 092013

Accord 4-cyl

Since changing the brakes at 55000 miles...I have had nothing but problems. Rotors were fine but I have had to take it in 3 times for wobbling in the front...they have machined the rotors changed break pads...done everything and it continues to wobble....checked tie rods? everything imaginable and still having issues....they claim the brakes are getting hot....well that is a bunch of bull as I have lived in AZ with Honda for my whole life...this is my 4th brand new one.....never problems like this.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Jun 262014

Accord

In late May 2014 I had the brakes (pads/rotors) replaced on my 2010 Honda Accord, 2 months later in August, I had brake problems again, - rotors were warped again, managed to get them covered under warranty, - 2 months later 10/31 more brake issues so took them to the dealer (so no after market parts), rotors warped, recommended replacement of rotors and pads, - done, 2 months later in December 2014 back to the dealer (now I've pad for them 2X in 6 months)- replaced the front rotors because they were warped, now, 2 months later in February - back to the dealer again for the 3rd time (1S 2 were not a dealer). This time they were warped, but not as bad - so they machined the rotors because this time I went early, when I first stated noticing it. No one figures out why... so, in total, my brakes have been worked on 5 times in 8 months. The dealer said they had a Honda corporate rep take the car for a ride, they were advised there was not a brake problem. But that ride was not till after they machined the rotors, of course there would be no problem - this totally has no logic to even have that done! how many times do I have to have them replaced - under warranty or not, and how much time and money do I have to waste, and before someone tries to figure out why the car is going thru brakes- maybe getting in an accident? in addition to these ongoing brake issue, I've already had to have the 3 pistons rebuilt (under a recall, but I had to fight with the misfire problem for 4 months before they would do anything) and the steering rack replaced (thank god I had 100 miles left on my extended warranty).

- Turners Falls , MA, USA

Jan 082015

Accord

It was a cold winter morning, 9 degrees to be exact. I'm in the car with my 2yr old daughter. I pull out of the parking spot, I make it 50 feet and the brakes begin to fail. Im pumping the brake to slow down due to a car in the middle of the road at a stand still. I hit the brakes a second and third time I glimpse down wondering why is the car not slowing down or stopping I continue stomping onto the brake. I started to scream in realization that this is happening. I collide into the back of the car that was at a stand still. The worst experience of my life. I was not even a full 2 blocks away from my home I could not comprehend how my brakes just failed after I repeatedly pressed down on them. Please investigate this who knows how many people experienced this. I crossed an intersection when this happened, thank god I had the green light and there was no one crossing. The 2 people in the car I collided into were also fine.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jan 082015

Accord 4-cyl

We purchased our vehicle at honolulu, hi, Honda pfluger (now pacific Honda). With the proper maintenance, the vehicle has been performing satisfactorily until now. Only minor defects were noted, such as battery replacement within the 3-years or 36,000 miles warranty. On 01/08/15, we took our vehicle to the closest Honda dealer in austin, tx, because, for the last three weeks, when the vehicle has sat for a while, the breaks will not work when backing up: The peddle goes about halfway down and sticks, will not go back nor down, and the hand break had to be pulled up to stop the vehicle. In order to have the vehicle tested, we left our vehicle at howdy Honda. The next day, the maintenance consultant informed us that the break master cylinder was leaking into the booster, and that a complete replacement of such part would be necessary. The cost of the repair would be $946, plus taxes, because the part was not covered by the vehicle?S warranty. On the Honda warranty booklet, the aforementioned part is not included in the list of non-covered parts (page 9); the malfunction has not been caused by the improper use of our car: We have never used it for business or unusual sport or other activities; the master cylinder is the original part installed by Honda; and no third-party technician has ever attempted to repair it. The defect in the master cylinder and booster is very unusual; almost any 2010 Honda Accord with 31,409 miles shows this kind of issue. Hence, we strongly believe that the master cylinder malfunction is a case of a part that is defective in material or workmanship under normal use. Furthermore, the above described part malfunction represents an enormous safety issue that could have caused an accident which potential personal, physical, and psychological damages against us and third parties. The car is inoperative in its current condition.

- Austin, TX, USA

Nov 082014

Accord

- sudden scrapping noise from rear of vehicle while stopping for a traffic light. - slowly drove vehicle to local specialized brake auto repair facility. - rear right brake caliper failure which quickly wore down pads and rotors. - left rear was also beyond limits. - corrective action - replaced both left and right rear brake pads, shims, rotors, calipers and brake fluid. - front brakes fine. - understand that there were issues with both 2008 and 2009 Honda rear brakes, subject 2010 vehicle was purchased new in October, 2009.

- Haymarket, VA, USA

Jun 142014

Accord 4-cyl

Rear brake pads and rotors worn out. Front brake pads had approximately 70 percent wear remaining. Contacted Honda customer care and this car was not included, per VIN number, recall for Honda with pre-mature brake pad wear on the rear.

- Fayettville, NC, USA

Apr 242012

Accord 6-cyl

I purchased this car new in May 2011. Within almost two years I had to replace the original brake pads and rotors I was told by my local dealer that this is normal. I have never had to replace brakes with such low mileage. Now as of today, 06/18/2014 my car has been back in the shop twice with in the last two months for more brake problems. I replaced the right rear caliper in 4/2014 with about 720000 miles and now today I am replacing the left rear caliper. I have had a Honda Accord coupe that I have put well over 100000 miles on and have never had to replace calipers. I am very unhappy and I think an investigation should be put on this car year of 2010 brake system as there are several complaints on the net regarding this. I have spent almost $2000 on brakes this is ridiculous with having a such a "new" car also had a problem w tires had to replace at 48000 also stock Michelin tires. Unheard of Honda needs to do better with their stock parts!

- Saratoga Springs , NY, USA

May 192014

Accord 4-cyl

Took car for routine service and was told rear brake pads and rotors were worn and needed to be replaced, after only 38,856 miles. My VIN number is not listed as eligible in 2010 Honda brake recall settlement. I think Honda should be responsible for these repairs.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

May 012014

Accord 4-cyl

Rear brake pads and rotors worn to end of useful life after only 38697 miles.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Feb 282014

Accord 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the brakes were applied in extremely cold weather but the brake pedal would not respond. The pedal was resistant to being depressed, which was a recurring failure when there was snow or extremely cold weather. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer for diagnostic test, who stated that the brake booster valve was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was alerted of the failure and declined to provide any assistance. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 54,901. Updated 7/14/14 updated 07/18/2014

- E. Hanover, NJ, USA

Apr 042014

Accord 6-cyl

I purchased my 2010 Honda Accord new 2/2010. I've completed all the necessary maintenance requirements & get my oil changed every 3 months despite what Honda recommends. After hearing a mild grinding sound in the passenger rear tire, I thought it was some dirt/pebble. To my surprise, my mechanic told me my rear brakes were worn down & needed to be replaced at 35,000 mi. My mechanic said he had similar experiences w/ other Honda customers. I replaced the rear brake pads w/ aftermarket brake pads because my mechanic believed they were superior to the Honda brake pads. The front brakes have 80% life. I've never had to replace my brakes on my previous cars w/ mileage under 55,000. I started my research on the internet afterwards & found the 2010 Honda class-action law suit regarding the rear brakes on specific yrs of the Honda Accord. Honda was not required to issue a recall on the rear brakes. Honda Accord brake pads should last up to 70,000 miles. Unfortunately the repair deadline & eligibility included brake pads replaced with Honda brake pads & installation of those brake pads within 3 yrs of when the car was first sold. I've owned my Accord for 4 yrs & I replaced the brake pads w/ aftermarket pads. Since I have little recourse other than to write Honda or go to the local service dept, I opted to share my experience w/ other consumers, rather then remain silent & frustrated. I doubt I'll make any progress w/ contacting Honda. I truly enjoy my Honda Accord & its performance. I am extremely disappointed w/ Honda & their lack of commitment to customer satisfaction & resolving an inferior part issue that is clearly their responsibility as noted w/ all the online customer documentation. Honda has forced their customers to pay for their mistake, refusing to take ownership of a costly, extremely, premature automotive repair.

- Chico, CA, USA

Mar 192014

Accord

The contact owns a 2010 Honda civic. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the contact heard a grinding noise. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic where it was found that the brakes had worn prematurely. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage and VIN was not available.

- Ocean Side, CA, USA

Oct 282011

Accord 4-cyl

At 25844 miles, rear brake pads were replaced. At 69098 rear brake pads and rotors were replaced. This frequency of wear and replacement is unacceptable. We've been driving Honda for over 30 years and never had this problem.

- Amherst, MA, USA