Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2010 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord:

2010 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Aug 292010

Accord 6-cyl

At 18,000 miles the car rear brakes started to squeak when applying the brakes for awhile the problem would disappear but the car would shudder when coming to a complete stop, now when I drive the squeaking noise continues as I drive and doesn't go away this afternoon Sept. 2, 2010 I have appointment to fix this issue.

- Cheektowaga, NY, USA

Aug 202011

Accord 6-cyl

At 18,000 miles the car brakes started to squeak but after a few miles it stopped squeaking. At 19,000 miles my car started to shake a bit when I applied the breaks and it then continued to squeak every time I applied the brakes. On 8/20 I brought my vehicle in to have the brakes done at pepboys and they told me my rear brakes had gone through the pad and was tearing into the rotor. My Accord only has ~25,000 miles on it and the front brakes are fine.

- Selden, NY, USA

Dec 182010

I own a 2010 Accord with 11000 miles on it, 9 months old. The rear brake pads are supposed to be worn out and the dealer wont cover it under warranty. I was told that it will cost $199+tax and I had to leave the vehicle with the service station for 3 days for the part to be stocked.

- Sunnyvale, CA, USA

Jul 162010

My 2010 Honda Accord is loud when starting, sounds like a race car. It also does not stop on a dime and in fact speeds up as I apply the brakes. Thirdly, the revs are too high and lastly, the gear shifts on acceleration is not smooth at all and sounds like the car is pushing too hard to change gears! these problems happen all the time. I took to dealer month ago saw nothing. Only had car two months!!

- Central Islip, NY, USA