Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2010 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2010 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord:

2010 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Takata recall.there is also 2 more recalls regarding the engine and transmission.when driving the car wants to get into stall mode feeling like if its going to stop while driving on highways or streets.called Honda several times since July so far they have not fix the problems they keep on giving me the run around dont know what else to do.dont feel safe driving.

- Katy, TX, USA

Jun 012012

I am in a dilemma pertaining to my 2010 Honda Accord. I live in Canada but I purchased a demo model from United States. During the last five years I had four incidents of unintended acceleration while braking. As I was slowing down at traffic lights or stop sign, the car suddenly goes into unintended acceleration with RPM running over 4500. I continued to press on the brake and changed the gear to neutral. The car continued to rev at high speed despite not pressing on any pedals, and the only way to stop it was to switch off the engine while the car is in neutral and then switch it on again after putting the car in P gear. I am 100 % certain that these incidents are not related to driver error as it has happened four times. I phoned american Honda and Honda Canada and both brushed me off and denied ever hearing about it. They advised me to take it to the dealer. It would be very difficult to isolate this fault as it rarely happens (4 times in five years).I am worried about the safety of my family especially if my wife or my daughters are driving. I will be grateful if you can let me if other drivers have reported a similar incident for Honda automobile. I also need some advice on how I can resolve this. Is this a software problem?

- Ogdensburg, NY, USA

Aug 132014

Accord 6-cyl

While attempting to pass a semi-truck on a two lane highway, my 2010 Honda Accord V6 lost power a few minutes after acceleration. The truck driver probably felt that I was being rude and slamming on my breaks, but I was trying to move to the shoulder of the road because my car was losing power. The car was towed to an independent shop that specializes in Honda makes/models. Upon review of the vehicle, the shop found oil in all three catalytic converters. My 2010 Honda Accord is part of the class action lawsuit for misfire and oil consumption (leakage). I called Honda America and notified the company about the issue while attempting to pass. I have been told by the dealer's service department and the independent shop that they have never seen this type of issue. I asked if it was related to the issues identified in the class action lawsuit, both stated they couldn't understand "why oil would be in the converters". I have used the dealerships service department for all work minus the alternator (2 weeks ago). A new shortblock was installed 20K miles ago (part of the misfire/oil issue). My main concern is the situation of losing power in the middle of acceleration. I was extremely lucky today (and I did not have a solid yellow line when I was passing - pretty much a straight away). I told Honda America they needed to look into the possibility that the issues with the 2010 Honda Accord V6 goes beyond misfire and oil consumption. I attempted to google accidents and issues with 2010 Honda Accord. This is a major safety concern and NHTSA should look into this issue (potential causes for accidents involving 2010 Honda Accord V6 models).

- Killeen, TX, USA

Jul 062014

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. The contact stated while driving at 15 mph, the vehicle accelerated with no warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 45,000.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Apr 222014

Accord 6-cyl

I was driving about 40-60 mph when the engine mildly jerked and the speed elevated slightly without acceleration.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Apr 282014

Accord 6-cyl

While driving on the highway I was going about 60 mph and the car jerks mildly and the speed increases about 3 mph faster without more acceleration.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Nov 072013

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the vehicle lunged forward although she had the brake pedal depressed. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 14,000.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

May 012013

Accord 4-cyl

Had an experience with unintentional acceleration. On my way to work, coming around 10 West to 710 South transition, I fully depressed the gas pedal to pass a very slow moving car, coming out of the ramp that merges into fast 710 South traffic. I would estimate the gas pedal was fully floored 2-3 seconds. Then I lifted pressure, as I had enough momentum to pass the slower vehicle, but noticed the throttle was still wide open. I was going to shift to neutral, but I quickly stabbed the pedal and the throttle unstuck itself. Wow! that was pretty nerve racking! it happened only once so far.

- San Gabriel, CA, USA

Nov 052010

Multiple times I will press on my brakes and my car will attempt to accelerate. I have to completely press my brakes in to get the car to decrease in speed but it will sound like it is stalling and make a rumbling sound. I had the recall done. It seemed to work for a short period of time (3 mths) and now it's back to doing the same thing. I went to the dealership today to only find out now I need to get my brakes replaced at a little less than 35K on my car and the front brakes have no wear. I also was told that the recall was not for that.

- Grovetown, GA, USA

Jan 302012

Accord 6-cyl

I had just dropped my child off at school and was in line to leave the school parking lot. I was very slowly moving forward as cars would leave. I was moving slowly when all of a sudden my car quickly accelerated and would not stop regardless of me hitting the brakes. I ended up hitting the car in front of me. This all happened so fast. No injuries but very scary.

- Helotes, TX, USA

Apr 232011

Accord 4-cyl

Engine rpms go up when stopped or barely moving if steering wheel is moved. Has gotten worse and it now has 5200 miles. No luck with dealership. Say it normal for the rpms to go up if you move steering wheel. Supposed to call factory and call me no phone call yet.

- Jonesborough, TN, USA

May 172010

Sudden acceleration when slowing down to stop. On 3 separate occasions when coming to a stop at a traffic light the cars engine accelerated while braking. The last time resulting in a minor crash.

- Levitttown, PA, USA

May 092010

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Accord. While driving at 60 mph, the vehicle abnormally accelerated. The contact attempted to continuously apply the brakes for approximately fifteen seconds before the vehicle began to decrease in speed. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where they were unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 6,225.

- Irmo, SC, USA