Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2011 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2011 Honda Accord accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Accord:

2011 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 112016

I was driving on I-75 near ruskin Florida when the driver's side window imploded for no known reason. Florida highway patrol responded and could not see any evidence of the vehicle being struck by any foreign object. Glass ended up in several places including behind me (the driver and sole occupant), under the driver's seat, the far rear right seat and floorboard. I have photos. This happened around 6:40 P.M., July 11, 2016. I have contacted Honda and they refused to do anything about it.. I feel that this is a severe safety issue and should be investigated. I have additional photos

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Jun 012014

Accord 4-cyl

Driving down the interstate there was a loud explosion. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the glass from the sunroof flying off into the road. The truck behind me had to swerve to miss the debris. We were in an open area - no bridges or overpasses. We stopped, looked at the damage, turned around at the next exit and came back to look at the road. There was no debris, just pieces of glass in the road. There were no other chips or nicks on the car body. I had hand washed the car the day before and there were no chips in the sunroof. Honda dealer refused to cover under warranty, although they had seen the same thing happen to an Odyssey. They could not explain to me how this could happen. About 2/3 thirds of the sunroof broke off. Luckily we had the cover door closed or we could have been hit with broken glass. Apparently they are using cheap lighter weight unlaminated glass which does not hold up. The weather was in the 80's and cloudy. The vehicle had been in the garage overnight. This is a definite safety hazard.

- Edmondd, OK, USA

Apr 212013

Accord 4-cyl

My sunroof exploded while driving down the interstate with approximately 1/3 of the window blowing out while it was fully closed. I was driving on an elevated interstate without any cars around me. The sunroof had not been previously hit by a rock. The explosion sounded like a shotgun firing, shocking all 3 of the adults in the vehicle. The initial Honda dealership stated I was hit by a rock without seeing the vehicle. A second dealership said they could not determine why the sunroof shattered. Corporate Honda has stated the window is my problem and contact my insurance company.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Nov 212012

The contact owns a 2011 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the sun roof suddenly shattered without warning. The vehicle was driven to the dealer where the failure could not be duplicated. The sun roof was repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the issue. The failure and the current mileages were 41,298.

- Desterhan, LA, USA