Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2011 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2011 Honda Accord body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Accord:

2011 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 112016

I was driving on I-75 near ruskin Florida when the driver's side window imploded for no known reason. Florida highway patrol responded and could not see any evidence of the vehicle being struck by any foreign object. Glass ended up in several places including behind me (the driver and sole occupant), under the driver's seat, the far rear right seat and floorboard. I have photos. This happened around 6:40 P.M., July 11, 2016. I have contacted Honda and they refused to do anything about it.. I feel that this is a severe safety issue and should be investigated. I have additional photos

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Apr 022015

When it rains the water intrudes inside, windshield was replaced twice and through the root-cause it was fond that the source is not windshield. Clogging of the vinyl/plastic trim pieces that run on the roof of the vehicle causes the issue. Now at every single rain or snow, I can see the curtain airbag is soaked in the water. I am sure that the airbags are not waterproof.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Feb 052016

My Honda Accord 2 door coupe's sunroof shattered with no explanation when I was driving in a small city highway. At first, I thought it was my large rear window but when I looked in my rearview mirror and saw shards of glass flying behind me I come to find out it was my sunroof. I did not have it open and there was no car or truck in front of me to explain this "exploding sunroof". I was concerned for the safety of others approaching behind me and also for my safety so I pulled over and learned that my sunroof was shattered. I had to get to work so I was not able to take the car to the dealer. This was very shocking as I was driving 65 mph and the "explosion" could easily have killed a driver that may have less "nerves" or health issues then I, luckily I was able to control my emotions and pull over safely without hurting myself or anyone as there was a car next to me and I had to slow down in order for them to pass by in front of me. This is a concern for me as I understand that the sunroof tempered glass is coming thinner now in order to make the automobile lighter. This definitely has to be addressed as I believe this is a very dangerous item that are being put in automobiles and could possibly endanger the passengers and others near an "exploding" sunroof automobile as glass was "flying" out and may have hurt anyone close to the vehicle having this unfortunate occurrence such as mine. Luckily no one was behind me and even if someone would have been, I hate to think "what if" their windows were open and shards of glass flying out from a car with a shattering sunroof hit their eyes or any passenger or even a pedestrian that may have been near the car as the wind was also very strong that morning that this happened to me. This needs to be addressed with all automobiles with sunroofs. Those reading this should also "google" or watch "youtubes" on exploding sunroofs!!

- Lake Wales, FL, USA

Nov 142015

The contact owns a 2011 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the tension rod, that held the trunk open, fractured. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 022015

Accord 4-cyl

Our car was making a left turn and was struck by other car in the right front. One passenger was in front seat. The passenger air bag fully deployed preventing her from impacting windshield.the driver air bag only partially deployed (approximately 1/3 size of passengers). The driver was severely bruised by seatbelts.

- Woodsboro, MD, USA

Aug 142012

Accord 4-cyl

The trunk on the 2011 Honda Accord does not stay up unless you push it all the way up. I was loading a bag into the trunk and the trunk came down and hit me on my forehead. I received a cut forehead. This is a safety hazard and someone could get seriously hurt. My wife was hit a couple of times and I was hit. If a short woman/child can not push the trunk all the way up, it could come down and cause a serious accident. Please investigate this serious safety hazard. A modification can be made by installing a door holding device available in many other vehicles. I brought the car into Honda and they say there is nothing they can do. There are no safety warnings on the trunk.

- Jensen Beach, FL, USA