Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2011 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2011 Honda Accord drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Accord:

2011 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Sep 182014

I purchased this vehicle in February 2015. The first thing that I had to fix was the axle ( output shaft ) seal leak which the Honda dealer did not want to repair even though the car only had 62,000. Also, it makes a loud noise in the back when I go over the speed bump which is coming from the suspension. In addition, whenever I took the vehicle to ntb for an oil change. The mechanic told me that the rear main seal needs to be replaced because it is starting to leak motor oil. And again, the Honda dealer does not want to honor the powertrain warranty on my vehicle despite the low mileage it has. Seems like I need to file a lawsuit against them.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 042012

As I was completing a left hand turn, I applied pressure to the brake and my car began to accelerate despite my foot being firmly applied to the brake. I continued to maintain pressure to the brake yet the car continued to accelerate where I hit an embankment / tree, I steered the car back onto the road and turned off the ignition. I contacted Honda though was given a report indicating that there weren't any diagnostic codes & the Honda factory engineer drove the car 5 to 6 miles without acceleration issues. I'm greatly concerned because I drove the car for over 13,000 miles prior to this without having acceleration problems and I've read roughly 18 other complaints with the 2011 Accord on this site citing various acceleration problems! just seems to me there should be something more I should be able to do, but I can't afford to just walk away from the car!

- Belleville, IL, USA

May 172012

Manual transmission broke on 8 month old brand new Accord with 11,500 miles. I have driven manual Honda's for over 100,000 in the past with no problems and cannot understand why the clutch breaks at 11,500 miles. Honda claims mis-use. Not true. Must be defect which Honda refuses to cover in their new car warranty. Due to problem, car was immobilized in traffic. Needed to be pushed to side of road and towed. Big safety issue to other Accord drivers if there is a problem with a manual transmission Accord that Honda refuses to admit to.

- Deerfield, IL, USA

Aug 062011

Accord 6-cyl

At very slow speeds, there is a 2 to 3 second hesitation in acceleration upon depressing the accelerator. The driver then is inclined to depress the accelerator further. The power returns suddenly at this new faster level & the car tends to lurch forward. Dealer says linkage is electronic & working as expected. I've owned several new Honda & have never experienced this in any others. I consider it dangerous!

- Rochester, MN, USA

Apr 182011

Accord 4-cyl

Shortly after I bought the car I quickly noticed that when accelerating from a stop or accelerating through a "rolling stop" the vehicle hesitates or pauses. It frequently happens when going forward or making left/right turns. No warning lights came on when the problem occurs. This problem can occur within minutes or hours of driving.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Apr 252011

Wife was driving at highway speed when car began to violently shake as if engine was misfiring. Check engine light came on, then severely reduced power. She was barely able to exit and make it across the access road and into a turn lane with the accelerator to the floor. Car still shook violently as she placed it in park. Dealership cannot explain shaking. Car only has 4,700 miles and was purchased new from servicing dealer. They said oil was 1.5-2 quarts low so they topped it off. Tripped a code for a stuck solenoid in the camshaft timing system so they reprogrammed the PCM and gave the car back to us. This was an extremely dangerous situation as my wife did not have enough power to move the vehicle out of traffic. Had there been more traffic in her way or someone following closely, she would have been in an accident. Dealer was still puzzled as to the power loss and shaking and just shrugged their shoulders. They said to watch the oil level and if this happens again to bring it back. We hope this does not happen again as it was dangerous and stranded my wife on the side of an interstate for 3 hours waiting on a tow truck. Please let us know if this warrants investigation or you need any additional information.

- Coppell, TX, USA

Jan 082011

While braking to a stop for a red light or to slow down to less than 10 mph to turn and then accelerating to proceed, the engine would hesitate for 2-5 seconds and then function normally. Engine did not stop, but remianed in idle mode. Hesitation happens at random about 2% of time. New vehicle with under 1500 miles. Does not matter if engine is hot or cold. Taken to dealer and explained in detail. Dealer was unable to duplicate; so nothing was repaired. Issue did not cause a warning light or error code. Came real close to being hit on a left hand turn when engine failed to accelerate.

- Selah, WA, USA