CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

8.8

1. seats should be redesigned and replaced (59 reports)
  3. no solution but for honda to fix this problem (9 reports)
  4. go to change.org and sign the petition (2 reports)
  5. sign petition on change.org (2 reports)
  6. trade the car in or wait for a recall (2 reports)
2012 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Accord:

2012 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Mar 182015

Accord LX

Just bought a 2012 Honda Accord (3/17/15). Wondered how I found such a sweet purchase as it only had 18,000 miles on it. Looked brand new! I quickly found out why this car had such low mileage and why the previous owner sold back to dealership after only 3 short years. Four days after buying my "sweet find," I returned it to the dealership... heartbroken. I have owned Honda Accords for 14 years! Thought I would never consider any other kind of vehicle. But within 24 hours, I experienced extreme lower back and hip pain. The seats are incredibly uncomfortable. Don't understand why they thought they had to fix something that wasn't broken. In addition, the head rest if far from "rest." I was getting a stiff neck. Actually, just took the piece off completely. I test drove the new 2015 model as well. But a test drive isn't long enough to know. It seemed a little better, but still some hip discomfort and irritating head rest. Now, for the first time in 15 years ... I'm looking at other car makes.

- , Abita Springs, LA, USA

Dec 052011

Accord EX V6

I bought the 2012 Honda Accord in Dec 2011 for my wife. The car overall has performed well with no major problems. My wife has complained about uncomfortable seats since we bought it. I too noticed it when I drove for distances over 30 minutes. Last year, 2014, I finally bought my wife a new car and the Honda became my hand me down. I have been miserable in this car. The seat design cause pain in my legs, especially my left leg. It also causes me lower back pain. No amount of seat adjustment relieves the pain so I avoid driving it long distances. After driving home on my last day of work (I'm now temporarily out on doctors orders), the seat was especially uncomfortable to me. I had to go to Urgent Care that evening.

Eventually I found out I had two herniated disks. My trips to the doctor and physical therapy are now miserable with this car but fine in my wife's car. I can't say the Honda Accord caused the problem but it sure didn't help it. From what I've read about the complaints on the Honda Accord seats, I can see they won't be fixed by Honda. I'm now in a market for a replacement vehicle and will be glad to get rid of it.

- , Goldsboro, NC, USA

Mar 232015

Accord 2.4l4

I just purchased car on March 21, 2015. On March 23, 2015 after riding about 1 hour in the car, I noticed my lower back was uncomfortable. I adjusted seats with minor relief. It feels as if something is pressing against by lower back area. Very uncomfortable, my legs are hurting. I am considering taking the car back, because I drive 45 minutes one way to work and this is a pain I don't want. There needs to be changes with the seat.

- , COLUMBUS, OH, USA

Feb 162015

Accord LX

The front driver and front passenger seats are uncomfortable to a point where it affects my driving ability. When I drove for two hours I needed to adjust myself in my seat multiple times, causing me to not focus on the road. After the two hour drive I had bad lower back pain.

- , Poway, CA, USA

Jul 252012

Accord

Since purchasing the 2012 Honda Accord I noticed that after 10 minutes or so in the front seat that I become extremely uncomfortable. I have the leather trim package, so my husband thought maybe it needed to be broken in. Well it's been 2 1/2 years and they're the same. I have been searching for a cover of sorts that may help with the discomfort, but haven't found one. Then I stumbled upon others with the same issue. I'm considering trading the vehicle in because of the amount of pain I'm in. And I don't want to.....We have even gone to the extent of looking into replacing the seats themselves, but can't find anything that will fit and are more comfortable.

It would be nice if Honda would recall the vehicles and fix the issue. I don't want to trade it in, but the pain is a bit much. I had no idea how many people felt the same way. My husband isn't in the vehicle often, but agrees it's uncomfortable. Anyone that spend more than 15 minutes in those seats mention how hard they are.....

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Dec 132014

Accord LX 2.4L

I had been to severe back pain, then I realized its due to my car recently bought. Its Honda Accord, I have been badly suffering like anything with this seat. Please replace the driver front seat and make me comfortable away from stress.

- , Auburn Hills, MI, USA

May 172012

Accord Limited 4 cyl

Had 26 cars in my life..worst passenger/drivers seat design!! Wife gets severe back pain when when she gets out of car. My back feels sore when driving a short distance. Honda should redesign seats! Use their Industrial Designers ...

- , Delray Beach, FL, USA

Oct 192014

Accord EX-L 2.4L V4

I went to get another Camry...but my husband talked me into an Accord. Really nice car, but I just couldn't get used to the seats. ...A month later and I still haven't! Constantly adjusting it trying to get comfortable. It literally makes my back ache! I'm considering selling it at a significant loss and buying another Camry.

- , Wake Forest, NC, USA

May 222013

Accord

The driver seat of this 2012 Honda Accord is HORRIBLE !!!!!!! hard on my back and leg if Honda does nothing we should have have a class action law suit, count me in.

Update from Jul 21, 2014: Spoke to Diamond Honda in Azuza CA. several times, they did nothing to help me.

- , Pomona, CA, USA

Jan 022012

Accord SE

I bought a 2008 Civic for my daily 80 miles commute. Six months later my right knee and hip started to hurt so I decided to sell the Civic and leased a 2012 SE Accord which had plenty of interior room thinking that would be better for my commute but I'm still having the same issue with the driver side seat

- , Revere, MA, USA

May 232014

Accord EX V6

I JUST bought a Honda 2012 Accord not a week ago. The drivers seat is horrible. I specifically bought this car to travel and I can't take it more than a mile without my legs going numb. I am so upset. I spent every last dime on this car and now I can't drive it. I will never buy another Honda as long as I live.

- , Cheshire, CT, USA

Mar 122014

Accord SE 2.4L

My biggest complaint about the front seats is the headrests. It seems like Honda could re-design them fairly easily without modification to the rest of the seat. They push your head so far forward it's uncomfortable to drive.

- , St. Louis, MO, USA

Aug 312012

Accord EX-L 4 cyl

The design of the seats is not conducive to people with back or hip health issues. It has caused more pain and discomfort and I cannot drive or ride in the car. The stitching on the back and seat of the seats hits where your sciatica nerve is and pinches on it causing pain. Also, the passenger seat does not tilt to allow for alleviating pressure on the back/hip.

- , Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Feb 032014

Accord EX 2.4L

Severe back pain from uncomfortable seats. Did not notice during test drive, but on longer drives, pain is too excessive and seats need to be changed.

- , Chino Hills, CA, USA

Feb 142014

Accord Coupe 4 cyl

drivers seat has caused me back pain

Love the car, but I can't find a comfortabel position for the drivers seat. It's like a rock and is causing pain in my lower back.

- , State College, PA, USA

Dec 302013

Accord EX-L 4.0L

The driver seat is horribly uncomfortable. It is impossible to have proper posture while driving the vehicle. The headrest pushes my head forward of my torso, causing neck pain.

- , Knoxville, TN, USA

Apr 302012

Accord LX V6

Would be nice if it could be switched out. I removed my headrest to solve the problem. The Nissan version of the accord has the same issue

- , Simi Valley, CA, USA

Jul 302013

Accord LX 2.4L

The divers seats are very bad. Bought this Honda Accord in April of 2012. My wife was using it year and a half and was very uncomfortable in the driver seat. Recently she bought a new Nissan and I started using the car. It is been 3 months now and I am very uncomfortable in the car. I get numbness in the hips and severe back ache every time I drive this car for over 40 miles at a stretch.

- , Plainfield, IL, USA

Sep 262013

Accord LX 4 cyl

OK Folks and Honda if you can reads this I have driven Honda Accords since 1985, I have owned 85 model, 1987, 1990, 1999 ,and now 2012. I traded in my beautiful 1985 to a new car dealer locally with 304,000 great miles. They put it on their new car showroom floor for 3 months. I recently sold my 1999 Accord EX to a family member with 398,000 miles still a great car and looking good. I was so proud to be able to get a certified Honda, and I spent some money to get it.... But the quality is really dropped with the accord. The ergonomics are terrible !!!! The seat is extremely uncomfortable, and the position of seat in relationship to steering wheel is wrong, the armrest, and door arm rest... Bad, bad !!

I don't know how many Honda's I have sold by word of mouth and example.... Honda owes me on this one. I cannot afford to sell it, or trade it.. so I am stuck with it for a while.. Unhappy

- , Joshua, TX, USA

Jun 162012

Accord EXL V6

I have upgraded leather seats in my Honda accord exl. One would expect that an upgraded leather seat should be comfortable. When I travel my leg gets a cramp in it and it makes it very uncomfortable.

- , Rochelle, IL, USA