Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2012 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2012 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Accord:

2012 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Oct 052013

Child's arm became entrapped by tanglement in the unbuckled seatbelt next to the seat where he was sitting. The seatbelt locked and would not release the child's arm. The child's arm was losing circulation and the belt had to be cut. The child suffered bruising and sprained wrist. Honda is refusing to replace the seatbelt because it the warranty doesn't cover and "modifications" to the seat belt. I was told that we should have drove to a dealer for assistance. I'm not sure how that would be possible during an emergency situation.

- Glen Arm, MD, USA

Apr 202013

Accord 4-cyl

We were traveling in my 2012 Honda Accord and stopped for fuel at a gas station in southern Illinois. I turned the car off, removed the keys and exited the vehicle to start fueling it. My 6 year old grandson asked permission to exit the vehicle to use the restroom. He unbuckled the rear passenger side seat belt that I had fastened him into his booster seat with a few hours earlier. But somehow the seat belt had gotten twisted around his waist while in his booster seat and he could not get out. The seat belt appeared to be locked somehow at the top of the shoulder area and we could not pull it out at all. In fact, it just kept retracting further and getting tighter and tighter around my grandson's chest and waist. No matter what we tried we absolutely could not free him. Every move that my grandson made, or that we made to try to get slack in the seat belt to free him, caused the seat belt to retract further and get tighter around his chest and waist. We slid the booster seat out from under him to try to get some slack in the seat belt, but that caused the belt to retract even further and get much tighter around his chest and waist. After at least 10 minutes of multiple people trying to free my grandson, the seat belt was still wrapped around his waist and chest, was still locked and was still trying to retract even further. The seat belt just kept getting tighter, even though it was unbuckled and the engine was off with the keys out of the ignition and in my hand. My grandson was in serious pain and was starting to have trouble breathing which was making him very anxious and hysterical. We had to get shears from the gas station and cut the seat belt to free my grandson and prevent serious injury. This was very dangerous and clearly a serious malfunction of a safety feature intended to protect a passenger.

- Springfield, IL, USA

May 062012

Stopped for gas engine keep running at high level of rpms with foot on the brakes stopped the car by shifting to neutral and turning engine off this was the second time it happen in one day. In my other complain regarding Honda I said April instead of May.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Jan 172012

Accord 6-cyl

While driving in rainy weather in traffic, my 2012 Honda Accord coupe rear ended another Honda Accord, I was going under 20 mph and my head hit my steering wheel due to seat belt failure.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA