2013 Honda Accord accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments

May 292013

Accord 4-cyl

The driver's side mirror is distorted causing the cars to appear further away than they actually are. There is a horizontal line that contributes to the distortion. I have been having a difficult time with this since I purchased the vehicle. It also makes me dizzy/have double vision as I look into the mirror after a few seconds. This distortion caused me to get into an accident where I was changing lanes thinking the vehicle in the lane left to me was further behind me. Both vehicles had extensive damage and the drivers injuries. On several other occasions I have vehicles beeped at me when I am changing lanes because they are closer than they appear in my mirror. I took the car back to Honda for the repairs and the employee was aware of the distortion the mirror causes. In fact, on the way to the dealership I almost had another crash, something I told the Honda representative. As I think back of when I test drove the vehicle before purchase, the salesperson took me on a road where there were no other vehicles passing by us so that I could realize the distortion. I contacted Honda's main customer service number and have been told that Honda designed their mirror that way so that the driver has a larger view of the vehicles in their blind spot. This design is flawed and causes a dangerous distortion making the vehicles appear further away and making the driver think that they have time to change lanes.

- Tamarac, FL, USA