2013 Honda Accord accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Aug 032015

Accord

I was driving my Honda Accord 2013 ex-L V6 on interstate 405 in Washington state between bellevue and kirkland when I heard a large explosion over my head. Glass immediately fell on me and all over my car. I looked up and saw that my sunroof had broken into many pieces. The brunt of the glass fell on the passenger seat so I was lucky that no one was riding with me, but I still had a few cuts on my arm from the glass falling on me. Of course, in shock from the explosion, I swerved out of panic to the side of the road, which could have caused another accident if someone was on the right of me. Honda denies that the sunroof exploded and that a rock must have hit the sunroof, but I have seen countless first hand accounts on the internet detailing this same experience on multiple Honda vehicles. Honda will not take ownership and I could have been seriously hurt or impaled from the glass. Honda should be held accountable. The sunroof glass is not up to par and there was no rock contained within my vehicle and I did not hear a loud thud when the explosion occurred.

- Kikrland, WA, USA

May 232013

Accord

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while parked, the windshield wipers smeared in the line of vision on the driver side of the windshield. The contact stated that when it rained, the windshield wiper would put the water back into the line of vision on the driver side windshield affecting the contact's visibility. The failure occurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 5,000. Updated 5/11/15

- Jeffersonville, IN, USA

Oct 132014

Accord

I went to pull my visor down and I heard a loud crack noise from the visor. The visor will not stay up anymore, just hangs about 2-3" from the ceiling of the car. Went to the dealer and they told me it's not covered under warranty even if it's only a year old.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 272014

Accord 6-cyl

Rear defog did not work' dealer could not locate problem after a few times advising of incident. Today they finally advised they located the connection after the plug and between the glass the metal they used does not flow current to glass' awaiting Honda to ok replacement' still not repaired' nelson miami Florida.

- North Miami, FL, USA

Dec 112013

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the defroster system failed to clear the bottom of the windshield, which interfered with the wipers blocking the contact's visibility of the roadway. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 23,000. Updated 3/5/14 the consumer was informed, the drainage would freeze.

- Salem , MA, USA

Apr 012013

Accord

The driver wiper does not clear the water after hitting it's left stop. It pulls water back into view of the driver. During a moderate and heavier rain it affects visibility making it difficult to see the left side of the lane (essentially like not having a wiper on drawing the draw back to the right - it clears as the relative wind breaks up the water. This is very disturbing as it creates a visibility issue.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Aug 102013

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the driver's side windshield wiper failed. The blade was replaced but continued to exhibit the same issue. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,500. Updated 11/19/13

- Columbia, SC, USA

Aug 092013

Accord

Hi. I just noticed during heavy rain, my windshield wipers pulling the water back on the windshield at 55mpg or above causing visibility issues. This is a brand new car and brand new wipers, so I think there is something going on. This is a big issue since my visibility during heavy/moderate rain is impacted. Thanks

- Gilberts, IL, USA

Aug 092013

Accord

When it rains moderate to heavy the windshield wiper design causes the water to be pulled back on the windshield causing poor visibility. This is a safety hazard. And should be addressed. Visibility is reduced greatly and is poor at best.

- Nesqu, PA, USA

Apr 242013

Accord 4WD 4-cyl

The drivers side mirror is a danger. The outer 1/4 of the mirror is supposed to expose a blind spot, it does not. It is like looking in a fun house mirror distorting on coming vehicles. It is worse in the rain and at night with other vehicle headlights adding to the problem. I see accidents happening in the future. I called the Honda dealer and asked to get a plain mirror put in. I was told they would order it and in a week I brought the car in for the replacement. After waiting 1/2 hour the service man came and told me the mirror sent was the same glass and there was no other mirror offered by Honda. The service man got in my car to better understand the problem. He totally agreed that the mirror was a problem and a danger and did not know why Honda would use such a mirror. I called Honda of America to relay the above. I got what only could be called a "shrug of the shoulders". Honda does not care. I think other will soon complain. Updated 07/19/2013

- Seymour, CT, USA

Jun 272013

Accord

In an event of heavy downpour I noticed when using my Honda stock wiper blades rainwater is pushed into the view of the driver, and for a moment collects in my view. When the storm was occurring I had the wipers on full speed so my view was obstructed many times to where I had to try and ignore the puddle of water in the left of the windshield. I have since purchased new wipers out of my own pocket, but that did not correct the issue. I believe it is the shape of the Honda Accord windshield. This is a small but important issue Honda needs to correct for the 2014-2015 Honda Accord vehicles.

- Bryans Road, MD, USA

Jun 032013

Accord 4-cyl

There seems to be some sort of design flaw in the windshield. In moderate to heavy rain the drivers side wiper pulls water back onto the center of the windshield on the return swipe. I find it to be extremely hazardous as I have to crouch down and look through the bottom third of my windshield.

- Fawn Grove, PA, USA

May 202013

Accord 6-cyl

Issue concerns the drivers side, side view mirror which consists of a regular mirror on 3/4 of the surface which is combined with a convex mirror covering the outside 1/4 of the mirror. As cars approach from the rear left and move into view of the mirror, it oftentimes (depending upon the angle of sight) seems as if the other vehicle is moving into my lane. My reaction is to move away which could pose a danger to someone on my right. Additionally, because of the angle of sight, and the distortion of the view, it is difficult to tell exactly how far back the other vehicle is and therefore it makes it difficult to determine if it is safe to move into the next left lane. Finally, looking into the mirror, because of the distortion, makes me momentarily dizzy. This mirror configuration is a potential danger. Others I have spoken with ( 7 drivers) have agreed with my assessment Honda offers no alternative mirror and apparently there is no after market mirror to use in place of the standard equipment.

- East Meadow, NY, USA

Apr 052013

Accord 6-cyl

The driver wiper does not clear the water after hitting it's left stop. It actually pulls water back into view of the driver. During a moderate and heavier rain it affects visibility making it difficult to see the left side of the lane (essentially like not having a wiper on drawing the draw back to the right - it clears as the relative wind breaks up the water). (picture/video available during a light/drizzle rain). This happens at 50+ mph.

- Titusville, FL, USA

Jan 022013

Accord

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the rear window appeared distorted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where they advised him that there were no failures with the window. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was approximately 1,000. The current mileage was approximately 1,200.

- Dagsboro, IL, USA

Oct 012012

Accord

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated the drivers side mirror was the size of a spot mirror and prevented him from having full view on the drivers side of the vehicle. The manufacturer stated that was how the vehicle was designed and it needed to be adjusted. The current mileage was 15.

- Croton, NY, USA