8.9

2. need help to find solution (4 reports)
  3. after market seat adapter (2 reports)
  4. make adjustable headrest (1 reports)
  5. replace seat (1 reports)
  6. traded Accord for a Honda CRV (1 reports)
2013 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 152015

Accord Sport 4 cyl

I have tried everything to solve this seat problem. Went to the dealer-no help, purchased cushions-no help.

Investigated the seat problem-Are the tires the problem 235/45/r18 Michelin-somewhat. These are low profile tires the middle number the "45" indicates the amount of air for cushioning, or stated another way a regular Honda LX would have a 16 inch tire and the middle number would be "60", thus somewhat softer ridding. This is also a Sport. I checked with the dealer to see if I could modify the front suspension to a softer ride-they said that the suspensions on the LX and Sport are the same-an outright lie.

I am about to go to an orthopedic physician for pain in my pelvic region. My wife has four cracked disc in her spine and she is miserable in the vehicle no matter how much I try to cushion her seat. I finally adjusted the head rest to lessen some of the pain in her back caused by her head tilting forward.

Honda may make a good vehicle, but does not give a damn about its customers.

Should I sell or trade this car now or wait for a fix?

- , Geismar, LA, USA

Jun 092015

Accord EX-L 2.4L

• CVT transmission

The seats on the 2013 Honda Accord are horrible. They are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever head. The memory seat button is constantly being changed daily since I have yet to find a good setting. My legs go numb, my lower back has pain, and my neck randomly gets stiff. The head restraint is horrid, the lumbar support is ineffective, and the dip in the thigh cushions leads to pressure on nerves. No fix has been found or suggested.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Oct 032015

Accord EX-L 3.5

The design of the drivers seat is terrible, it causes sever back pain in an average size driver. I am adding my complaint to the many many others I have read since encountering this issue myself. I will be taking the car back and taking a loss to get rid of it rather than endure the pain.

- , glendale, AZ, USA

Nov 062015

Accord EX-L L4

click to see larger images

uncomfortable seats uncomfortable seats

As a physical therapist, I am OUTRAGED by the seats in my recent used car purchase of a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L with navigation. This is BY FAR the most money I have spent on a vehicle and is THE ONLY seat I have ever had SIGNIFICANT PAIN in while seated. I have only owned this car 6 days and can't take it! Who in the world designed a seat which creates CHRONIC POSTURAL STRAIN?! I am calling Honda manufacturer tomorrow, and there better be some resolution. I can't get this seat comfortable (or even bearable for that matter) no matter how I adjust the seat. I even spent $350 on a memory foam high back/ buttocks support for my seat yesterday. It is only barely helping. I demand a new seat or a different car!! Not only does the head restraint PUSH my head DOWN and forward, the thoracolumbar support is almost non-existent, and I am even getting buttock and sacral pain from prolonged sitting in this seat. I am FURIOUS!! Who, Honda, did you have design these seats?!? Give me a patient with whiplash any day, I can get them better in a handful of visits. If you give me someone who is in a chronically strained postural position--I will NEVER get them better until the strain is no longer existent!!

- , Florissant, MO, USA

Sep 282015

Accord EXL 2.4L

I have never complianed about a car before. I have owned more than 12 cars in the last 25 years. The 2013 Accord Coupe is the most uncomfortable car for the driver. The seat is hard, and causes severe back, neck and leg problems. Honda will do nothing. They wouldn't eeven put a supervisor on the phone to talk to me.The dealer will do nothing.

- , Plainview, NY, USA

Apr 042015

Accord LX 2.4L

• CVT transmission

The front seats are very uncomfortable. After driving about 2 1/2 hours my right leg starts paining. The pain goes from my butt to my leg. I would go to a rest stop, walk around for about 10mins, but after about an hour and a half of driving later, the pain is unbearable again. Same thing with the passenger seat. The car is great, but the seats are terrible.

- , East Brunswick, NJ, USA

Aug 222015

Accord EX-L I-4 2.4L

I purchased a 2012 in 2014. Then came home and reviewed carcomplaints. Yes, his drivers seat is not comfortable even though it has adjustable lumber support. My solution is old school. I purchased a small lumber pillow and have been using it since. To me this works much better. Give it try.

- , Fort Myers, FL, USA

May 012013

Accord EX-L V4

I PURCHASED THE HONDA ACCORD EX-L IN 2013. BEAUTIFUL CAR INSIDE AND OUT. HOWEVER, THE HEADREST PUSHES MY HEAD TOO FAR FORWARD. I DEVELOPED CHRONIC NECK AND BACK PAIN AFTER DRIVING FOR ABOUT A MONTH OR TWO. I NOW HAVE SEAT CUSHIONS ECT, TO ASSIST BUT ITS STILL REALLY PAINFUL. THE HEADREST PUSHES MY HEAD SO FAR FORWARD THAT MY UPPER BACK CANNOT REST ON THE SEAT. HONDA REALLY NEEDS TO FIX THIS! I'VE SPENT A TON ON PHYSICAL THERAPY AND BACK DOCTORS. I DESPISE DRIVING THIS CAR, LOOKING TO TRADE IT IN. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED.

- , Baltimore, USA

Jun 012015

Accord EX-L NAV

I cannot drive my Honda Accord without pain, and pain is worsening now, so that I wake up hurting. I have purchased several different car seat cushions and pillows; nothing helps. Last week, I went to the doctor, thinking it was me and not the car; she couldn't find anything wrong. The pain happens when I drive my Honda Accord and not when I drive my son's car.

- , White Plains, NY, USA

Sep 182015

Accord LX 2.4L

• CVT transmission

Bought car on Sept.17th 2015. Nice car, but the seats are extremely uncomfortable. I'm gonna go to dealership on Saturday to see if I can get a solution to my problem.

- , Buffalo, USA

Jul 012015

Accord EX L V6

Had this car 2 years. Have had neck and spine issues since a few weeks after purchase. The headrest tilts your head forward in an unatural way. My 13 yr old started having pain too when driving with me. I have a second car 350z i drive in summer. My pain would go away when switching cars. Then start up again as soon as id drive my Honda. I finally couldnt take it anymore and traded in way before I normally do. I keep my cars a long time but this one was too painful. I spent several days last summer going to doctors mri s, injections etc. I didnt realize at first what was the cause. But now i know that others are having same issues including my son. Im not happy for the pain its caused me and also having to take a loss on my investment. I went back to lot and noticed all the hondas headrests are the same! Thinknthe sears are also part of the issue i could never get comfortable. After about 15 minutes of drivingbit sets in. Forget ever wearing a hairclip too if you are a woman. You have to repostion to top of your head and still pushes your head forward! Hope homda makes this right with people like me who put faith in their product but had to move on to a different vehicle as I did.

- , Leclaire, IA, USA

Jul 182014

Accord LX 2.4L 4-cyl

click to see larger images

uncomfortable seats

I'm in my early 20's and recently developed a searing pain in my lower back that would strike even when I am lying motionless. I still wouldn't have a clue about why it was hurting until another Honda Accord owner (2015) told me he had the same issue and figured out it was the seats!

I bought the Sacro Ease seat adapter from Relax the Back ($269) and it fixed my problem immediately.

Honda should notify the public of the health risks, replace both the driver and passenger seat, and pay for some sort of therapy.

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 232014

Accord Sport 2.4L

HOW DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!!!!! I love the way the car handles. The look is classy, yet sporty. Everything is convenient on the dash but the seats are the most uncomfortable seats I've ever had. I am in extreme pain in my back and legs from driving the car. When I drive my husband's truck my pain miraculously lessens. No matter which way I adjust the seat, it does not matter.

The REALITY is HONDA needs to fix this problem. I will not purchase another till they do and I'm selling this one ASAP, I just can't take it anymore. The only way I will keep this car is if I can change out the seat with something more comfortable. I'll look this week but after that this car and Honda are done as far as I'm concerned. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A SEAT THAT WILL FIT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP.

- , Middletown, Pennsyvania, USA

Apr 012013

Accord EX

The seat/headrest is the main issue. It pushes my head too far forward and makes it very comfortable to drive. I love my car except for the seat/headrest. I am considering trading in the car for something different or replacing the headrest and/or seat. Though I feel after buying the car new and opting for the model with extra adjustable seat I should not have to.

I had owned a Honda Civic 2002 previously for 11 years and did not have the problem I have now. I started seeing a chiropractor in hope to fix the issue but realized the issue is my car seat/headrest. I understand the whiplash avoidance with this new system but I would rather have a comfortable seat/headrest to drive in and take my chances with whiplash.

- , Lancaster, MA, USA

Mar 112014

Accord EX-L V6

Seat r the worst I have ever sat on !!!!! One hour after the start of our 3 hour trip my lower back was killing me!

I had to put a pillow on my lower back and I was asking to stop after 1 1/2 into our trip

As so as I find another car I will trade!!! No more Honda for me!!!!!!

- , anniston, AL, USA

Feb 132013

Accord Sport 2.4L

• CVT transmission

I have to agree the seats in my 2013 Honda Accord Sport are really hard. Makes me hate the otherwise nice car. Also the sport suspension is too stiff, needs adjustable suspension. that combined with the hard seats is a real downer. Been looking for other seats & have tried extra cushion - helps but is like a band aid.

- , Edgewood, WA, USA

Jun 292013

Accord EX-L 4 cyl

June 2013 bought a Honda Accord, all the bells and whistles, leather seats and navigation, back up camera. Had the car for less than a month. Then went on a short trip, about one hour drive each way. Both my wife and I complained about the uncomfortable seats that caused back pain and leg pain. The next day July 1st 2013 I went back to the Honda dealer and explained about the uncomfortable seat problem. He was surprised, said "he never heard of any one complaining about seat problems with the Accord"

So we traded the 2013 Accord for a 2013 CRV lease. But not any way near a fair trade. We ended up losing our old car's trade-in-value and getting the lease for full price ($34062). I would say we ended up getting screwed out of several thousand dollars because we traded in the Accord with the uncomfortable seats.

- , Lake Wales, FL, USA

Jan 072013

Accord EX 3.2

Our previous car was a 2002 Honda Civic and loved it, we did not have any issues with comfort. We purchased our Honda Accord EX brand new and was very excited about having a new upgraded Honda. We were very disappointed with the comfort of the seats and even mentioned to the salesman that they felt HARD but thought maybe they needed to be broke in.

Within 10 minutes of driving, my husband has pain in his back and legs not to mention the numbness in his legs. He has difficulty getting out of the car and it takes several minutes before he can walk once he does get out. I can just barely see over the dash board since the seat is so low to the floor and this also makes it difficult for me to get out of the car. No matter how I adjust the seat, the headrest is in my way and blocks my vision when driving and checking to make sure no vehicle is in my blind spot before changing lanes. It also keeps me from getting comfortable since it is right up against my head unless I adjust the seat back to the point that my shoulders are not supported and end up having pain in my shoulders. I ended up turning the head rest around backwards, that did help to some degree.

Is there anything that Honda can do about this issue?

- , Hanover, PA, USA

Mar 202014

Accord LXS 4

• CVT transmission

I'm 6 foot average build. Can not find a comfortable arrangement for the driver side seat. Noticed back and neck pain and I only drive the car about 50 miles a day. Tried adding cushions and the result is the same. I believe this is a bad design and honda says there is no problem. I beg to differ. I'm probably going to sell this car and accept the loss. It is too bad because the rest of the car is great.

- , Acworth, GA, USA

Apr 012013

Accord V6

I was so excited to purchase my new Honda Accord in January of 2013 but soon thereafter realized the forward leaning headrests put stress on my upper back and neck and after just a few minutes of riding in the car caused extreme discomfort. I have been told the head rests are made this way because they are active restraint headrests and they can not be adjusted to ease this discomfort. It sickens me to have a very beautiful new car that runs great but is so uncomfortable.

I feel Honda should correct this problem as I have read numerous consumer complaints. Of course everyone wants to be safe and design changes that make cars safer is a good thing unless they bring discomfort to the consumers. NO ONE WANTS TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE. That is why people have chosen to put themselves at risk by turning the headrests around. How many people are going to have to complain before a law suit is instigated if Honda will not remedy this situation. We, the consumers are going to lose thousands of dollars if we have to trade our Honda cars for other brands of automobiles with head rests that are not going to injure our necks just by riding in the car. This seems to be a change that was not well thought out before it was implemented.

Sorry, Honda but in my opinion you need to step up to the plate, design a replacement headrest and give the consumer the opportunity to at least purchase it if they so desire!!!!

- , Benton, KY, USA