2013 Honda Accord body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Mar 012014

There's a lot of vibration when braking especially on the highway. Also there is a leak on the passenger side door. When driving on the freeway, you can hear the wind like it's not completely sealed.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Aug 032015

I was driving my Honda Accord 2013 ex-L V6 on interstate 405 in Washington state between bellevue and kirkland when I heard a large explosion over my head. Glass immediately fell on me and all over my car. I looked up and saw that my sunroof had broken into many pieces. The brunt of the glass fell on the passenger seat so I was lucky that no one was riding with me, but I still had a few cuts on my arm from the glass falling on me. Of course, in shock from the explosion, I swerved out of panic to the side of the road, which could have caused another accident if someone was on the right of me. Honda denies that the sunroof exploded and that a rock must have hit the sunroof, but I have seen countless first hand accounts on the internet detailing this same experience on multiple Honda vehicles. Honda will not take ownership and I could have been seriously hurt or impaled from the glass. Honda should be held accountable. The sunroof glass is not up to par and there was no rock contained within my vehicle and I did not hear a loud thud when the explosion occurred.

- Kikrland, WA, USA

Apr 232014

My vehicle struck another vehicle in front of me from behind. Airbag lights came on yet did not deploy. Impact caused damage to my chest by the seatbelt. It caused a tissue expander implanted in my right breast to be damaged and ripped out the places stitched to me. The te was there as part of a breast cancer reconstruction process. Surgery was required to remove and replace the te. The front end of the vehicle was damaged, sensors needed replacement, and seatbelt structure also needed replacement.

- Tampa, FL, USA

May 022015

Ac was blowing cold air, took the car to middletown Honda in middletown NY where it was purchased and was told the ac condenser is damaged due to road debris and it needs to be replaced at a cost of $650

- Middletown, NY, USA

Feb 162015

Car was descending down a hill, I heard a loud metallic clunk and the car instantly rotated left throwing it across the oncoming lane and down an embankment through some trees, car stopped in mud. Mechanic from body shop that towed the car said the engine started fine but the car made a grinding sound when he tried forward and reverse, neither worked. Car was totaled due to body damage. Car was still under warranty but Honda would not investigate, repair or pay any damages.

- Jewell, KS, USA

Nov 052014

Accord 4-cyl

While driving alone into a marked space in a public parking lot, my foot slipped off the brake and hit the accelerator. The vehicle then accelerated into the concrete base of a light pole. Immediately, the vehicle bumper crumpled, the left side of the hood crumpled, and the passenger side air bag activated. There was no one except myself in the vehicle and the driver side airbag did not activate. At this date, November 10, I have no idea how much damage was done to the vehicle.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Aug 032014

Accord 4-cyl

While turning right to park in a residential townhouse parking space, the car accelerated suddenly and hit a tree which was very close but at the top of a slanting hill. It felt like the car was slipping on ice but there was no ice. A person outside of the car heard a strange noise. It felt like there was no ability to control the car. I tried to back up, I felt the same slipping so I stopped and left the car. The same person heard the noise again when I was backing up. I am an experienced driver with a clean driving record for over 20 years and have never experienced this. It was Sunday afternoon and there were no weather related issues. This was the 3rd stop of the day over a 1-2 hour period. This is a quiet street so there were no traffic issues. The car was leaking oil so it was towed to the body shop.

- Basking Ridge, NJ, USA

Aug 012013

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the driver's side door failed to remain open when parked on an incline. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician stated that the vehicle was working up to specifications. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 1,640.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

May 292013

Accord 4-cyl

The driver's side mirror is distorted causing the cars to appear further away than they actually are. There is a horizontal line that contributes to the distortion. I have been having a difficult time with this since I purchased the vehicle. It also makes me dizzy/have double vision as I look into the mirror after a few seconds. This distortion caused me to get into an accident where I was changing lanes thinking the vehicle in the lane left to me was further behind me. Both vehicles had extensive damage and the drivers injuries. On several other occasions I have vehicles beeped at me when I am changing lanes because they are closer than they appear in my mirror. I took the car back to Honda for the repairs and the employee was aware of the distortion the mirror causes. In fact, on the way to the dealership I almost had another crash, something I told the Honda representative. As I think back of when I test drove the vehicle before purchase, the salesperson took me on a road where there were no other vehicles passing by us so that I could realize the distortion. I contacted Honda's main customer service number and have been told that Honda designed their mirror that way so that the driver has a larger view of the vehicles in their blind spot. This design is flawed and causes a dangerous distortion making the vehicles appear further away and making the driver think that they have time to change lanes.

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Feb 012013

Accord 6-cyl

As I was driving down the highway I veered to the left and the steering wheel started free spinning and the tires were not controlled by the steering wheel any longer. I had no control of the vehicle. I hit a wall and stopped in the middle of the highway. Honda has never come to inspect the vehicle as I was told they would. My vehicle is still sitting at the local Honda service department without anything done to it. Honda will not look into what caused my vehicle to lose steering. Updated 06/13/13

- Beaumont, TX, USA

Feb 012013

I was driving down the highway and a car was veering into my lane. As I went to the left my steering wheel just kept spinning and the tires were going all over the place. I couldn't control the car because the steering wheel was not corresponding with the tires. We jerked across the highway from lane to lane until we finally crashed into the concrete wall of the highway. We then spun out into the middle of the highway where we rested. Honda had not responded at this time but everyone including the guys at the his body ship feel that this is a manufacturer defect.

- Beaumont, TX, USA