2013 Honda Accord electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Aug 162016

Accord

The starter in my 2013 Honda Accord coupe failed after only 3 years and 55,000 miles. The car would not start when I pressed the push to start button and would finally turn on after numerous attempts. This went on for 3 weeks until the car would no longer start.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Jul 212016

Accord

Go to start my car and lights and ac work fine. The engine does not want to turn over and takes several attempts sometimes and other times it starts right off. The battery is only two months old and the dealer said it was the starter which is going to cost me $700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the. Dealer said that this is way too early for a starter to go out on a 3 year old car with 550 miles on it. I have researched this and have found there are hundreds of people across the U.S. having this same exact issue. This needs the upmost immediate attention as this is a very costly and detrimental issue and some of us have no money to fix this!!! this must be dealt with now before lawsuits start happening!

- Johnson City, TN, USA

Aug 012016

Accord

The key turns over but engine does not crank

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Jun 302016

Accord

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the engine failed to start and the navigational system failed intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the ignition electrical system caused the battery to drain. The navigational electrical system failed to operate due to battery failure. The dealer replaced the battery and the starter assembly; however, the failure was not corrected. The vehicle failed to start and the navigational system continued to fail. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 52,031.

- Dover, DE, USA

Jul 152016

Accord

While driving 7/15/16 the electric steering warning indicator light went on, and the steering wheel became impossible to turn or steer until it finally ceased to turn (total time for complete loss of steering capability was less than 1 min.). I was driving on a 4-lane city street traveling at about 45mph. I turned the vehicle off for about 3 mins. And then restarted it. The indicator light was off and the steering worked fine. I immediately drove to a Honda dealership who told me the car is probably fine as it had a software update installed 9 mos. Ago and if it happens again I should bring the car in for replacing the steering box. I requested a note be made in my car repair history. They did not provide me with any paperwork.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Jul 142016

Accord

My 2013 Honda Accord ex-L has been having intermittent starting problems (push button start). This starting happening approximately three weeks ago. Yesterday, July 14, 2016, the car would not start at all. This is not a car battery issue because all electrical components are working, I.e. radio, dash lights, horn etc. This also is not a key fob battery issue because the key fob still locks and unlocks the door. Car was taken to the Honda dealership to have problem diagnosed and repaired. This car is still under the original manufacturer's warranty, car is less than 3 years old and has a little over 32,000 miles.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 052016

Accord

2nd time having the fcw failed issue. Dash lights up like a christmas tree. Traction and sluggish response to foot on pedal. Makes me nervous to drive. Cost me a ton to fix the first time, I'm sure they will charge me again. Reading online I am not alone. This is extremely dangerous.

- Franklin, MA, USA

Jun 212016

Accord

Starter motor had progressive premature failure. Began having problems with car not starting about a month ago. Loud click, all dash lights would come on, but no crank or start. Eventually would not re-start and left car stranded. Car started with jumper cables. Dealer diagnosed starter failure. Vehicle is 2-1/2 years old with 49,845 miles. Dealer did not offer warranty repair. Cost for replacement was $724.

- Asheville, NC, USA

Jun 192016

Accord

I went to crank my car, which was perfectly fine yesferday, and it wont turn over and there are several lights on and clicking and blinking. I thought it might be the battery and tried to jump it off and nothing changed. A symbol that looks like a steering wheel and exclamation point, low tire light, brake light, and skid control symbols were all on.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jun 112016

Accord

My 2013 Accord sport has been intermittently starting for months when stationary. I changed the battery to a stronger cranking one and it did not fix it although now it will start eventually after several tries. I have tested the alternator and it passed. Next is the starter but Honda changed its location and placed it under the motor. I submitted links from a Honda forum to this website documenting many others having the same issue whether they drive LX, ex, or sport. Cvt manual it doesn't seem to matter. I have not replaced the starter and think it should be recalled if that's the issue. There are youtube videos also popping up with 2013 Accord not starting.

- Fairburn, GA, USA

May 302016

Accord

This issue stared last week I didn't think too much on this but as the days goes on it take longer for me to start my car and me day I have to stop at lease 2 to 4 times to get the car to start. As I continue to search online to see what was the issue I am seeing more and more of this problem of what I am having. My car has been parked and there is no wires connected to the car to drain the battery, I have change both my car battery in my key battery already. This is very annoying I've been using Honda for many years now and I never had this problem. With my other pass Honda I would have to turn the key.

- Lake Forest, CA, USA

May 142016

Accord

2013 Honda Accord sport is starting to have starting problems, sometimes engine doesn't turn over when first turning the key. And from what I have read on this site it sounds like it is progressively going to get to the point of having to replace the starter, not happy I was hoping on having a reliable car.

- Lakewood, CA, USA

May 142016

Accord

2013 Accord sport is starting to have a starting problem. Sometimes engine does not turn over when first turning the key. And from what I have read on this site it sounds like it is progressively going to get to the point of having to replace the starter. Not happy. I was hoping on having a reliable car when I bought this car.

- Hawaiian Gardens, CA, USA

May 182016

Accord

I had to tow my car home today. It wouldn't start. I have had trouble with it in the past weeks now but it would start eventually. But not this time. I might lose my job because of this car failure. Weither it was stationary yes but could of been blocking traffic.

- Rosemead, CA, USA

Apr 142016

Accord

The starter in the car is not starting until 3rd attempt to start or not starting at all. We have had to wait and try again minutes later then on the third attempt it starts, the battery has been replaced and the connections to the battery are good. This has been happening for about 3 weeks now.

- Orange Park, FL, USA

Mar 312016

Accord

Car won't start, about a month ago I bought a 2013 Honda Accord exl V6, it worked fine for about a week, but soon after that I started experiencing starting problems. I have taken it to the mechanic many times, I have had the electrical system checked, replaced starter, the battery etc. The problem still persists, after doing much research I have learned that this is a problem that is very wide spread, there are several you tube videos, and posts of frustrated owners unable to start their cars constantly having to replace the started in most cases. Every car from 2013-2016 is suffering from this problem, of being unable to start, as a college student I don't have that much money to constantly fix it as it happens. This was supposed to be a reliable car, to replace my old car which was developing major problems, but at least the car started every time. Please, address this issue with urgency many people depend on these vehicles, to get to work school etc.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Apr 102016

Accord

My family and I were stranded due to our 2013 Honda Accord not starting. We just came out of the movies and the car was stationary in the parking lot. I turned the key and it would just click. I had to pay for towing and over $800 to have the starter replaced at the Honda dealer. It would have been more, but I called another dealer and they price matched the starter. I drive a lot of mile to work so I have over 60K miles in 2 years. After doing a little research I found that this problem is happening to a lot of people. The problem can be seen on forums and youtube videos. This problem seems to affects new cars, base models, push buttons, V6's etc. I think the starter should be recalled because many people are being forced to replace starters that the dealer seemed to know was bad.

- Accokeek, MD, USA

Apr 192016

Accord

My 2013 Accord is having problems with the push start button. Three separate times in one week our car had trouble starting. It would make a sound of hesitation before starting for 3-5 seconds. We had the battery replaced this past winter. We took the car to our local Honda dealer for a check on the electrical and starting systems. They could not find anything wrong. We might have to wait for the car to not start in order for Honda to find out what is wrong.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Apr 112016

Accord

Keyless fob has two times opened all four windows and sun roof while in my pants pocket a couple of inches. The last time on April 11, 2016 it rained two inches and the car was left in the rain. The following morning the car would not start. The lights on the dash were flickering like crazy. You can not tell the sun roof is open because the sliding cover is closed. I think Honda should remove this feature that allows you to open the sunroof from pressing a button from your fob. This cost me a lot of money and I didn't even know the sun roof was left open.

- Mccalla, AL, USA

Apr 012016

Accord

In November 2015 I parked my car in the driveway. Went out an hour later and it wouldn't start. Jumped the car and it drove fine. In janary 2016 I pulled up to get gas. After fueling the car wouldn't start. Had to push my car out of the way and have someone jump it again. Had battery tested at two different shops and it is fine. Came home from work tonight April 1, 2016. Went to leave two hours later and it won't start again.

- Molalla, OR, USA