2013 Honda Accord electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Apr 052014

Accord

While coming to a stop in my parking spot, I applied the brake and the vehicle suddenly accelerated, with engine surge /loud noise and there were no brakes...... car plowed over parking spot barrier, into shrubs, balcony beam and neighbor's screened patio. There is considerable damage to my vehicle, shrubs, neighbor's patio and my balcony. This was a terrifying event. Investigations by insurance co and mechanic are pending at this time

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Mar 122014

Accord

Two months after the purchase, the navi went out on the vehicle. The navi was repaired; however, March 3rd, the back-up camera went dark on the screen; after several attempts it worked again. Mar 8-10th, I drove the vehicle with no problems. Mar 11th, I worked from home; the vehicle was not moved during the entire time. The vehicle keys remained on the kitchen table. Tuesday, Mar 11th, at 3:00A.M. (spouse moved his vehicle to the street) the vehicle windows were all closed. I reiterate, the keys were on the table and the windows to the vehicle were all closed. Mar 12th, 7:00, on my way to work, I noticed first that the driver side window was completely rolled down and rain had poured in. When I opened the car door, I was amazed to see that all of the windows were down and the sun roof completely open. I've never even opened all the windows at the same time since owning the vehicle. Shortly after driving the car, all the system lights came on and fds failed was displayed on the dashboard indicator. I called Honda, informed them of the problem and then drove the vehicle to the dealership. I was later informed by the service assistant that both boxes (I'm guessing electrical boxes) had a substantial amount of water in them, shorting out the system. Honda is seemingly comfortable with shifting the cause of the problem, e.g., that I probably...left the windows open, pressed all three buttons on the automatic key (didn't even know you could do this) or maybe had the keys in my purse and something pushed all three buttons simultaneously. In short, the window as well as who knows other parts were affected by a malfunction in the electrical system.

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Oct 182013

Accord

While driving at approx. 10mph, I pressed the engine start/stop switch and it shut the engine down completely. After applying my brakes and coming to a full stop, I put the transmission back into park and it started automatically back up. This event should be investigated by Honda and a safety interface designed and installed to prevent this from happening at full highway speeds possibly resulting in a serious and deadly accident asap. The engine start/stop switch is located approximately 2 inches away from the air conditioning temperature control up and down button switches. The depression of the start/stop switch could occur while driving attempting to control the temperature of the air conditioning.

- Pahrump, NV, USA

Oct 182013

- Pahrump, NV, USA

Feb 262013

Accord 4-cyl

My wife had placed her fob in her purse & placed the purse in the trunk. When I started to drive the car (with my fob in my pocket), the trunk opened. I pulled over into a parking lot, closed the trunk & started driving. Again the trunk opened, I pulled over, closed the trunk & began driving. The trunk again opened, I pulled over & my wife realized that her purse was in the trunk with the fob in it & that might have been the problem. She removed her purse, we started driving & the trunk stayed closed. We did not recognize it as a safety issue at the time but have since realized that if an item had flown from the trunk into the path of a following car, it might have caused an accident.

- Amsterdam, NY, USA

Nov 032013

Accord 4-cyl

While driving, my fcw and ldw lights came on and system failure was flashing in the middle of my speedometer. Pulled over turned car off and back on, warning lights still flashing. Dealers service department was closed (it was a Sunday evening). The next day, started the car and the warning lights were no longer flashing. On Tuesday, the tire pressure warning light comes on as I am driving, followed by the fcw and ldw lights and system failure was flashing again. Car has been at the dealership for 2 days now and they called and told me all of the failure was due to low tire pressure. But, I had just had my tires rotated at that dealership the Wednesday before.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Mar 282013

Accord

Dealer did a recall update of audio system in March 2013 to repair defects in audio system. This update immediately began to interfere with the car's cell phone blue tooth connection causing loss of pairing, loss of speed dials, etc. I have contacted the dealer and Honda factory representative repeatedly. The only response I get is they are working on a solution. Spoke to Honda engineering several times. They offered two suggestions which did not solve the problem. Recently I spoke to engineering and their suggestion this time concerns me. I was told that shifting the car out of park before the phone pairs seems to cause the phone failure and if I delay until the phones syncs that appears to be an remedy. When I asked if this was the permanent solution I was told no but now they know what is causing the problem and they will have a fix soon. I an concerned because what would shifting out of park have to do with my phone connecting to the car. If Honda is using a system that is so integrated that a failure of the phone system ties in with shifting out of park what other potential failure was caused by the March update of a radio " could that update also affect the transmission, engine or braking system? Honda has known about my problem, there are many others with the same problem, since March and they claim they have been working on a solution since then. Could it be the problem is more severe then Honda will admit" in the mean time I own a car with a defect that is unsellable and one that could also be potentially very dangerous. My fear is that many car owners will just write off this system failure as no big deal and will use their car phones minus the hands free blue tooth. If so they could be driving a car which has been impaired in other ways, possibly with a defective safety system that resulted from Honda's audio update.

- Springfield, PA, USA

Oct 262012

Accord 6-cyl

2013 Honda Accord. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle software issues and seeks a new vehicle at no cost to them. Consumer states vehicle is a lemon law issue. The consumer stated the dealer was unable to repair or correct any of the non-conformities after a reasonable number of repairs over a ten month period. The problem with the TPMS persisted from the second week ownership. The pressure light problem would come on at random times on a monthly basis. After ten months, Honda stated it was a software problem, and they did not know when the software update would be available.

- Masury, OH, USA

Sep 152013

Accord

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 mph, all of the warning indicators illuminated on the dashboard unexpectedly. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the mechanic stated that a screw had chipped an electrical wire. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 12,000. The VIN was not available.

- Little Elm, TX, USA

Jul 272013

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, all of the warning lights illuminated as the vehicle began to shake violently. The vehicle was driven to an independent mechanic for diagnosis but no cause for the failure was determined. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis and the contact was informed the throttle position sensor would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The failure recurred. The failure and current mileage was 8,700..... updated 10-17-13 when the consumer read the invoice, it stated technician checked and found dtc code P2135 tp sensor A/B incorrect voltage correlation. The technician recalibrated the tp sensor. The third time the incident happened, the consumer was about to merge onto the highway, when suddenly the vehicle screeched and started to violently shake all while the dashboard lights lit up. The vehicle immediately decelerated to less than 20 mph in the middle of the highway. The vehicle was returned to the dealer, where the replaced the throttle body assembly. However, the problem happened again for a fourth time, where the technician replaced the computer. Updated 10/31/13 updated 12/5/13

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jan 142013

Accord 4-cyl

Since I bought my 2013 Honda Accord ex-L in January 2013, I have had issues with stereo system. At times, the stereo will not turn on or it will turn on but the display screen is blank. Other times, "no disc" appears on the display when I turn the car on. I don't listen to cds, therefore, I never changed the source to play a cd. I only listen to xm. The dealer stated they cannot do anything to fix unless I bring the car in while the issue is happening. The issue is intermittent and never happens while near a dealer. I did receive a recall in April 2013 and took my car in for the stereo software update. Did not solve my issues.

- Fruit Cove, FL, USA

Jun 122013

Accord

Two false TPMS low pressure warnings, second occurrence 7/19/2013. Tire pressure during both occurrences was correct when subsequently measured with tires 'cold' after warning. TPMS was recalibrated after both false warnings. TPMS is an indirect system, computed through ABS system. Checked with american Honda for a firmware update, none pending.

- Mountain View, CA, USA

May 062013

Accord

I purchased my Honda Accord 4cy, no navigation in April 2013. After having the vehicle for two weeks, I was backing out of my garage and when I put the vehicle in drive, the monitor where the rear view camera shows up went blank. The radio came on but I could not see any of the channels on the monitor. I turned the power off and then back on and everything works again. This happens on a regular basis and the dealership where I purchased the vehicle said they can only run a test on the car when it actually happens and for me to bring it to them when I have the problem. They do not show any service warranties for this issue. The problem is this happens when I am going to work at 5:00 a.M. and only when the vehicle is inside a garage. If the vehicle is parked outside it does not happen.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Jul 102013

Accord 6-cyl

I own a 2013 Honda Accord ex-L V6 w/ navi today I started my car and when the stereo came on it was all static with a little background music from the radio. I switched the source to xm radio, ipod, bluetooth, fm radio... all of which were loud and statickey with hardly any music. I turned the car off and turned it back on and the problem went away. The is the first occurrence but I have read online that this is a common problem in the 2013 Accord.

- Tomball, TX, USA

Feb 202013

Accord 4-cyl

The sporadic failure of the radio to operate, come on is some instances, or to display presets and the cd player not operating all at the same time is extremely frustrating! the driver seat memory system not reverting when re-entering vehicle and starting, all point to a possible electrical problem that Honda would do good to look into -- there are youtube videos of other owners who have experienced radio malfunctions as well. The previous model Accord I owned, 2011, had no such problem. With regards to another owner complaint on the engine's momentary hesitations upon acceleration, was also experienced. Also, complained by other owner, was the driver side rear view mirror: The 1/4 end will cause you to immediately adjust to right in anticipation of car coming into you. This potential correction accident can be avoided by another left side blind spot device or mirror replacement altogether: I am trying not to pay too much attention to that 1/4 end part of mirror. The horn is annoyingly different from previous year and not as loud.

- Brooklyn , NY, USA

Jun 092013

Accord

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated that that the air conditioning failed and blew hot air only. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection. The failure was located at the air conditioning condenser, which was fractured due to road debris. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure and current mileage was 7,700.

- Albany, NY, USA

Jun 032013

Accord

Don't install an after market amplifier and sub woofer. The anc system will cause a loud buzzing sound when you first turn on the car and put it in gear. Don't be like me and waste money like I did because Honda has yet to address the issue.

- El Paso, TX, USA

May 232013

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the bluetooth function would not disconnect properly. As a result, the contact would have to remove his eyes from the roadway, reach down and attempt to reconnect the bluetooth. The contact would also have to shut off and restart the engine in order to establish a connection. The manufacturer performed a software update during production, but that update failed to remedy the failure. The failure mileage was 25 and the current mileage was 500.

- Gainsville, FL, USA

Feb 042013

Accord 4-cyl

Our 2013 Honda Accord ex-L is equipped with a right turn signal blind spot camera which activates when the driver initiates a right turn signal. The dash console display screen gives the driver a view of the blind spot area. The screen also displays the area directly behind the car whenever the driver places the car into reverse. On the day specified, the right turn signal camera activated as I was merging into the right lane, but then, instantaneously, the display system froze, popped repeatedly, and then went to a dark screen--much like static on a television set. This has occurred more than two dozen times, even after my local dealer replaced the unit. On other occasions, the rear back-up camera either freezes, pops, and goes to dark screen or freezes in position--while I am driving forward down the highway. I have taken the car to my local dealer five times already, and, as of yet, they have been unable to fix the problem. The whole system pops, freezes, and reboots itself multiple times each day. Sometimes it is necessary for me to stop the car, turn it off, and then turn it on again in order for these features to work.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Mar 272013

Accord

I was pulling away from a stop sign and had accelerated to about 15 mph. All of a sudden the car slowed down and stopped. I stepped on the accelerator and the car didn't move and the engine shut down. At the same time all the dash warning lights came on, including check engine, the big exclamation mark, anti-skid control, and the electric steering wheel warning light. I put the car in park and was able to restart the engine. At this time I noticed all the warning lights were still on, including the fcw light in the center of the speedometer with the message fcw failure. When the car was checked at the Honda dealership they could find no codes related to the above issues. They did find code dtc P2176 set for throttle actuator control not learned stored in history.

- Finksburg, MD, USA