2013 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Apr 232014

My vehicle struck another vehicle in front of me from behind. Airbag lights came on yet did not deploy. Impact caused damage to my chest by the seatbelt. It caused a tissue expander implanted in my right breast to be damaged and ripped out the places stitched to me. The te was there as part of a breast cancer reconstruction process. Surgery was required to remove and replace the te. The front end of the vehicle was damaged, sensors needed replacement, and seatbelt structure also needed replacement.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Dec 232013

Accord 4-cyl

As a result of my car having to brake so hard and sudden to stop a possible accident the airbags exploded also braking the seat belts without there being an actual impact. The police arrived, both the sheriff an a local officer. They testified as there being no impact and that it was a factory mistake and said an accident report was useless also to call Honda and state our problem. We did so and Honda refused to pay for the damages. When the insurance got involved they said it was not a accident and refused to pay. I understand is difficult for Honda to accept an error in one of their vehicles; but it also has to be understood that I shouldn't pay for an error that I didn't commit. I hope you guys can help.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Feb 172014

During a snow storm in columbus, Ohio, while I was in my house, my car windows automatically rolled down, covering the seats, seat belts and car seats with snow. Due to a feature of the car documented in the owners manual on pages 128-129, if the lock button is compressed twice within 10 seconds, and held down (e.g., in a briefcase or purse when something heavy lands on it), the windows will roll down. This works well enough to transmit from inside a house to a driveway. I thought the car was all locked up, but it was not. Googling "Honda windows roll down" led me to a litany of complaints about the same thing happening, in snow storms, rain storms, etc. Apparently the feature is for hot climates (Texas, California--or Ohio in the summer), but there is no way to turn it off. Given how damaging this can be to a car, it seems like it should be a feature one could turn off. The customer service rep told me she had a call from a woman the week before who had the same problem. It should be easier to keep a car interior protected from the elements. Honda indicated they have no plans to address this in the future.

- Columbus, OH, USA