2013 Honda Accord steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Jun 062013

Accord 4-cyl

About 2 weeks ago when I was turning right I noticed some difficulty in steering (the steering was difficult and tight) so I took the car in for service. The incident could not be reproduced but noted by the dealer. On the 6th I was driving home and turning right onto my street and the steering went completely out. I was afraid I was about to end up in my neighbors yard and into my neighbor! it took very great effort to steer the car and steering warning light came on. With much difficulty I drove the car slowly to the dealer and they witnessed the problem. I recently heard from the service dept and they told me a "code" appeared on this and they were checking the "rack" - there was no issue with steering with the car moving straight forward. I will be working with the dealership for a replacement vehicle as I don't trust this particular vehicle. Also, the dealer is very helpful and trying to do the right thing and I believe has my best interests at heart (they are very reputable). I have filed a complaint with your Agency and have an ODI number.

- Lubbock, TX, USA

Jun 062013

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. The contact stated the steering wheel failed and became difficult to turn to the right and could only be turned with force. The steering warning light illuminated when the failure occurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing which confirmed that the failure was located within the steering rack. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,400. Updated 06/28/13 the consumer has since traded the vehicle. Updated 07/02/13

- Lubbock , TX, USA

Feb 012013

Accord 6-cyl

As I was driving down the highway I veered to the left and the steering wheel started free spinning and the tires were not controlled by the steering wheel any longer. I had no control of the vehicle. I hit a wall and stopped in the middle of the highway. Honda has never come to inspect the vehicle as I was told they would. My vehicle is still sitting at the local Honda service department without anything done to it. Honda will not look into what caused my vehicle to lose steering. Updated 06/13/13

- Beaumont, TX, USA

Feb 012013

I was driving down the highway and a car was veering into my lane. As I went to the left my steering wheel just kept spinning and the tires were going all over the place. I couldn't control the car because the steering wheel was not corresponding with the tires. We jerked across the highway from lane to lane until we finally crashed into the concrete wall of the highway. We then spun out into the middle of the highway where we rested. Honda had not responded at this time but everyone including the guys at the his body ship feel that this is a manufacturer defect.

- Beaumont, TX, USA