3.9

2013 Honda Accord suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Feb 222016

Accord

I have Honda Accord white ex-L since 11/10/2012 with current mileage of 16,300. 1. recently, I went to my mechanic to have air pressure checked on my car, since I was going for a long trip. While, air pressure was being checked, I left the car on in accessory mode for about 3 minutes. When I went on to turn the car on, it wouldn't turn on. Dash board lights, flickered at every attempt, when I tried turning on the car. My mechanic checked the battery, he said, battery is dead. I had the battery replaced. Once battery was replaced, mechanic checked alternator. He stated, alternator is not working properly. I told him, I will take the car to Honda dealer. This reminded me, that same thing happened on 7/4/2014, where I had left the hazard lights on and radio on at the same time in power mode for about 5 minutes. I called Honda care, 1st driver, couldn't jump start my car. 2nd driver came, and he was able to jump start my car. He stated battery was fine at that time. However, I just realized, my driver side window was taking lot longer to open and close than it should. With new battery, I will bring car to dealer to have the car checked. Also, since above instances, I turn off my headlights from auto mode, and also interior lights from dimming or turning off automatically to save battery from draining. 2. since I bought the car in November 2013, I have noticed that, I can hear fuel moving in the fuel tank. In my old 2000 Honda Accord, I never heard such a thing. 3. since 2012, I have gotten alignment done 3 times, but I still feel the vibration through out my car, and car feels like wobbling in the front. 4. not happy with mpg. In city, I get 9 to 11 mpg. Highway, it is just about 32 to 35 mpg as advertised and tested. 5. sometimes, when putting on the driver side seat belt, it gets stuck. I have to retract it and than I am able to secure it in seat belt clip.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Nov 092015

Accord

Experiencing the same issue as reported in NHTSA reference #10055834 tsb reference #in-4-18-2014 Honda: Some vehicles, with the complaint of a rear wheel bearing noise, are being investigated noise can be compared to a growling, humming groaning, whirring, or roaring.

- Apex, NC, USA

Jul 192015

Accord

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. When the vehicle was started, the steering warning light indicator illuminated and the power steering failed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the electronic gear box needed to be replaced. The vehicle was ot repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 36,600.

- Pace, FL, USA

Nov 122014

Accord

As I was making a left turn at low speed from a stop sign, my car lost stability and steering felt unusual. Traffic was light and I was able to recover. The two subsequent turns (right and then left) on the same drive yielded similar feelings. When I looked into this, I found reports of an investigation by the NHTSA regarding loss of power steering on these vehicles. I believe this incident was related and felt it best to file a report.

- Skokie, IL, USA

Nov 202012

Accord 4-cyl

Right front suspension makes a metal to metal squeal noise when turning to the left while the wheels are rolling. Crown Honda, durham, nc replace three parts in the right front suspension under warranty as directed by Honda tech line on Nov. 20, 2012. However, as of Dec. 5, 2012, the squeal noise has returned when turning to the left and the right front suspension now makes a clunk noise when traveling over small dips in the roadway. Since the noise sounds like metal to metal rubbing, I'm concerned about breakage of these moving parts and my overall safety.

- Cary, NC, USA