2013 Honda Accord wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Accord:

2013 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Nov 012016

Accord

Wheel hub assembly all four replaced was defective the all has 72,000 mile and now the ABS has went bad and the tps system is bad. The aluminum rims for breaking do to salt corrosion two of the four rims broke cost to replace each rim 435 if the rims aren't apart of safety and ABS and tps isn't a quality components didn't know car is safe on the road

- Mocksville, NC, USA

Jun 202016

Accord

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord. While driving at an unknown speed and attempting to make a turn, the wheels locked up. As a result, the vehicle struck a curb and the front driver side tire blew out. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact to take the vehicle to a local dealer. The dealer diagnosed that the wheels locked up due to a manufacturer defect. The dealer was unable to determine the particular code that was needed to unlock the wheels. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 65,207.

- Windsor-Mill, MD, USA

Aug 202016

Accord

TPMS light illuminates even though all tires have the correct pressure. Two visits to the dealer have not resovled the issue.

- Wilmot, NH, USA

Jul 282016

Accord

I am the original owner of a 2013 Honda Accord, ex-L, . my Honda has 42K miles. At about 25K miles my Accord started to make a very obvious and disturbing droning/humming noise at speeds above 40 mph. The noise became progressively louder as time went by. I brought the car to my local Honda dealer 2 times and asked them to fix the problem, to no avail. After having new tires installed at 42K miles, and the droning noise was still occurring, I brought the car to my local Honda dealer a third time and they diagnosed the noise problem as coming from a defective front right wheel bearing and a defective rear left wheel bearing. Both wheel bearings were replaced on July 27, 2016 and the droning noise above 40 mph is gone. Replacing the wheel bearings fixed the problem! the service advisor at the dealer was not able to explain why the wheel bearings failed, and he stated that the technicians at the dealership did not know why/how the bearings failed either. I contacted Honda America hq on August 1, 800-999-1009, and was told that Honda America would not disclose the details of the bearing failures. They also declined my request to authorize the replacement of the remaining 2 wheel bearings. Honda America established a case number for my issue, case # 04884545. Due to the lack of transparency from Honda America as to the cause/resolution of the wheel bearing failures, I am concerned that the underlying bearing or wheel structure problem has not been corrected, and that my 2013 Honda Accord will be subjected to future wheel bearing failures.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Sep 102015

Accord

I was on my way to work when after about 10 minutes I began to hear a strange sound coming from under the car. As it became louder, I detected it was coming from the passenger side rear wheel. When I pulled onto the highway and increased my speed the noise became slightly louder so I slowed down to 50 mph. Suddenly the next thing I knew the car began experiencing drag and slowed so I pulled over on the shoulder and realized the tire had blown out. The tread on the tire is still very good though. I'm very concerned about the other three (3) tires and whether or not I should replace them, as well. Unfortunately, I'm working in Korea with the us military and had my car shipped over here. When I called Honda in the states about the matter (tire warranty = 6 years) they stated while living abroad they do not honor the warranty until I return.

- Apo, AP, USA

Aug 142015

Accord

Went for lunch, and parked my car on the street. After finishing lunch, about half an hour later, got into the car and proceeded to start it. Everything worked, but the car immediately shut off (radio and ac would stay on however). Tried again, but the same thing happened. Followed by a check engine light warning, and tire pressure warning. Took key out of ignition, waited a minute, before trying again. This time, turned off radio and ac. Car immediately shut off still. Tried 2-3 more times, and car finally started, all with a total of 4 warning lights. Check engine, tire pressure, power steering, and another one I cannot recall. Took it the dealer immediately, and waited 2-4hrs for them to tell me, the throttle body needs replacing. They advised it wouldn't be safe for me to drive the car home, so they gave me a free rental until it can be fixed.

- Rosemead, CA, USA

May 252014

Accord 6-cyl

05/25/14 while backing the vehicle out of my drive way I noticed the a thumping sound and a jerking from the vehicle which caused great alarm from me. I called the dealer and they told me to bring it in. When I took the vehicle in the kept it for about a day and told me that they could not find anything wrong with it and that the inspector said that the same thing was happening to a new vehicle, that the noise and jerking was just the way it was. They called it a hard shift. My car is not a daily driven vehicle being I have two other cars that I primarily use. At the time of the incident my car had aprox. 303 miles on it. Now several months later on 01/01/15 when I went to start my vehicle I noticed the same problem, and being that I had already taken it once to the dealer and them telling me nothing was wrong with it, I had no second thought of taking it out on the road. I proceeded to drive down my residential street and realized I had forgot something at home. So on the residential intersection I started to make a U turn when all of a sudden steering cut out on me in the middle of my turn. I narrowly missed oncoming traffic and stopped right before I hit the curb and a parked car. When I did stop and got my composure back I looked down and there was a steering wheel light on and a buzzing noise. All this while going no more then 6 miles and hour. At this current moment my car is less then 2 years old and has less then 400 miles on it and I cannot believe that this would happen to such a new car with so little miles on it. Following this incident I googled my car to see if I was the only one having this problem and lord behold I was not. There are numerous accounts of this happening to other people some resulting in serious accidents. But most of the cars in those incidents that I could see had about 20K to 30K miles on them and mine does not even have 1K on it yet.

- Montebello, CA, USA

Dec 062014

Accord 4-cyl

Driving on a busy S.E. street in Washington DC, driving about 20 to 30 mph., heard a noise that sounded like a tire blowing out or some other type of noise emanating from underneath the car. I tried to press the brake, but instead the car accelerated and would not stop. It sped up at least another 15 to 20 more mph, and again, would not stop. There were vehicles in the back, so I could not use the emergency brake or shut the car off. There were also vehicles on the side and in front of my vehicle. I had to make a decision on how to slow the car down without hitting any pedestrians or any other vehicles. Decided to try and stop the car by hitting something stationary and ran into a set of steps that belonged to an office building. Airbags deployed and two passersby stopped to assist me and my passenger out of the car. We were both transported by ambulance to a hospital with substantial injuries to the chest, rib, neck and back for myself and the passenger.

- Temple Hills, MD, USA

Oct 072014

Accord 4-cyl

In two incident that steering wheel stop working: Last week while the car was parked and tried to drive it and today (Oct 7, 2014) while I was driving between 35-40 mph the steering wheel was not working and I had to stop and switch the engine off and after 2 minutes start the car and it was fine.

- Columbia, MO, USA

Jun 062013

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Accord with Goodyear assurance tires, size 215 55 R17 94V. The contact stated while traveling 35 mph the front passenger side tire blew out;however, the contact was able to pull over without incident. The contact stated that there was no wear on the tire tread or sidewall at the time of the failure. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and a the technician stated the tire had been patched prior to the vehicle being sold. The dealer stated that the patch on the tire failed and caused the blowout. The tire was replaced. The failure mileage and current mileage was 1,237.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Feb 012013

Accord

I was driving down the highway and a car was veering into my lane. As I went to the left my steering wheel just kept spinning and the tires were going all over the place. I couldn't control the car because the steering wheel was not corresponding with the tires. We jerked across the highway from lane to lane until we finally crashed into the concrete wall of the highway. We then spun out into the middle of the highway where we rested. Honda had not responded at this time but everyone including the guys at the his body ship feel that this is a manufacturer defect.

- Beaumont, TX, USA

Nov 202012

Accord 4-cyl

Right front suspension makes a metal to metal squeal noise when turning to the left while the wheels are rolling. Crown Honda, durham, nc replace three parts in the right front suspension under warranty as directed by Honda tech line on Nov. 20, 2012. However, as of Dec. 5, 2012, the squeal noise has returned when turning to the left and the right front suspension now makes a clunk noise when traveling over small dips in the roadway. Since the noise sounds like metal to metal rubbing, I'm concerned about breakage of these moving parts and my overall safety.

- Cary, NC, USA