9.9

2014 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Accord:

2014 Honda Accord Owner Comments

May 202015

Accord

Test test tesst

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Aug 052014

Accord

Trunk lid pops open shortly after driving off...red light on dashboard comes on...I have to stop the car and close the lid manually. Same thing happens erratically in parked condition..have noticed trunk lid open after returning to the parking lot happens randomly but fairly often....have checked my key for proper operation. It opens the trunk lid after pressing for a second or so.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Jul 072014

Accord 6-cyl

So far, no accident, but this trend to disable access to the navigation system while the car is in motion, even by a passenger is actually more dangerous than previously. It's highly distracting trying to use voice navigation and it always does not work very well. The alternative is to use a separate hand held gps or smart phone, which can be potentially more dangerous and distracting. Has there ever been a controlled study that demonstrates disabling navigation access while driving is safer than the alternative" having used factory navigation systems for over 12 years, I strongly believe that disabling navigation systems while the vehicle is in motion is more dangerous, and represents a safety hazard if alternative routes are required in an emergency. For example, what if you are lost in a bad neighborhood, or someone is following you" you don't dare pull over and stop. I think this issue needs further attention.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 072014

Accord 4-cyl

Honda Accord ex-L 2014 will shut-off and coast to a stop if the "start push button" is pressed while driving. The car should be in park before pressing the start button has any affect !! while driving with the automatic transmission in drive, I placed my hand on my right knee and accidentally hit the "start push button" and to my surprise the car shut-off and coasted to a stop. I could not restart until I put the transmission in park.. dangerous !! I was leaving my house with the automatic transmission in drive when my hand going to my right knee hit the start button, the car stopped!. fortunately I was going less than 5mph so no accident. I spoke to the dealer and was told, that's the way it is - just like if you remove your keys while driving. However you can not remove your keys unless the car is in park and the key is turned from run.

- Mason, OH, USA