2014 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Accord:

2014 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Accord

The contact owns a 2014 Honda Accord. While driving various speeds, the vehicle accelerated independently without warning. The contact mentioned that the vehicle was braking independently without warning. In addition, the steering wheel stiffened and turned right and left independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the cause of the failure was undetermined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 18,000.

- Madison, WI, USA

Sep 242014

Accord

While drive 2014 Honda Accord fcw light came on when the pushed down on the brake pedal it felt like a sponge and went to the floor with that my front end went under a SUV this should never have happened the car did not stop and it cost 8000 to fix this is not right I notified Honda and as usual said the will keep it on file but not I am even afraid to drive it thank you.

- Clifton, NJ, USA

Oct 302015

Accord

Have had trouble with the brake system in my car since purchase, I had complained and took the car to the dealer ship due to noise being made when braking. I was told there was no problem, brakes continued to have trouble functioning car would shake when I went to brake, this lead to total failure. I was involved in an accident and the brakes completely failed while in motion causing me to impact the vehicle in front of me, the system locked up and failed to stop.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Oct 292015

Accord

Takata recall the brake pedal when too the floor of the SUV. I was coming up on a stop sign.

- Lanham, MD, USA

Aug 312015

Accord

I was driving along on the highway upon slightly braking a strong vibrating started from the wheels to the engine I look into Honda and problems regarding them when I lost power like a stall is related to engine which causes the vibrating as well as the braking vibrating is a well known problem with Honda warp rotors with only 14,600 miles should'nt be having these issues to early cause im normal driver alsothe aircondtion blowing hot air screen going black on the dash board in and out I pay alot of money very upset with whats happening out of nowhere with this car

- 1 New York 2 Lic Ny, NY, USA

Jul 122015

Accord

I started my car in park while on a hill with emergency brake on. The car started moving a second or two before I released the emergency brake. Immediately, I lost my power steering and brakes. I stopped the car by putting on the emergency brake and putting the trans mission in park. The total trip was about 100 yards. I noticed that 5 or 6 warning lights were on including the battery. Then I quickly turned the engine off. I waited for about two minutes and restarted the engine and embarked on a 25 mile trip home without further incident.

- East Meadow, NY, USA

Jul 072015

Accord

I was driving home from work and without warning I felt my vehicle difficult to turn as I prepared to make a left turn. I looked at the instrument panel and notice my electric power steering indicator light on. I applied excessive effort to get the vehicle to turn and manage to stop in a parking lot where, I turned the vehicle off and started the engine again correcting the problem for a short period. The next morning while driving to work I encountered the same situation almost causing me to hit a vehicle and crash into a pond. Updated 9/15/15.... updated 09/30/15

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 012014

Accord

Whenever I slow down the vehicle to make a left turn, the is a clicking sound made.

- San Jose, CA, USA