2014 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Accord:

2014 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Aug 032015

I had a serious problem with my Honda Accord ex-L, 2014. While I was driving, my car showed an error message on the dash panel. It said "system failed", and the dash functions became paralyzed. Smoke started coming from the hood. In a few minutes, the front part of the car was in flames. Most of the car was burned.

- Mayaguez, PR, USA

Jun 012014

Accord 4-cyl

I purchased a new Honda Accord ex, 4 door sedan on May 26, 2014. On June 1, 2014, I was at red traffic light (zero mile speed) and car was in drive position. I tried to adjust the temperature, but by mistake I pressed the start engine switch button instead of controlling the temperature switch, which is just next to engine switch. Surprisingly the result was that my car turned off. On June 2, 2014, I contacted Honda directly and the representative informed me that even if you are at street or highway speed and if you press the start switch for 2 seconds, the car engine will turn off at whatever the speed of car is, resulting in your car speed change, if you press the power switch and it will turn off your engine to 0 mph in a matter of a second. I am very scared about this safety feature and now have many concerns, as listed below: 1.why is the start switch so close to the air-condition control switch? 2.the engine should not be able to turn off while the car is in driving mode. 3.since all of the controls are by right hand, the engine switch should be installed on the left hand side, so it cannot turn off, even by mistake, and no one in the car can reach this switch except the driver. I hope you understand that a very important safety feature is needed please reply to me at your convenience, thank you.

- Glen Oaks, NY, USA