2015 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Accord:

2015 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 172016

Accord

Car failed to start because brake pedal refused to depress slightly and close its part of the starter circuit. That failure-to-depress rendered the dashboard push-button inoperable. Honda dealer claimed that brake pedal use during parking had over-pressurized the brake pedal cylinder, which would gradually bleed off. That bleed off took anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours, in 3 separate instances. This problem renders this $30,030 car useless for taking a pregnant wife to the hospital or for a myriad of other have-to-start-the-car-now reasons.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Feb 052016

Accord

I purchased my vehicle at the end of December 2015 with 100 miles on it. By the end of June, I noticed when I would brake I would feel vibration in the steering wheel. This would happen on the highway or city street, any mileage over 55. I took the vehicle back to the dealer and was advised that the rotors need to be resurfaced. This occurred again towards the end of January 2016. I took the vehicle back to the same dealer on February 5, 2016 and was advised that the rotors would need to be resurfaced again. I was also advised that Honda would only pay for one of these procedures and I would have to pay for the other. I asked the salesman if this was an frequent occurrence with Honda" were the rotors or brakes inexpensive" he asked that most likely was not the case because there were a lot of Honda on the road. This wasn't a justifiable answer for me so I advised him that I would do my own research and report this issue if necessary.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jul 292015

Accord

I was driving on a high way and all of the sudden a light came on that said "power system fail" and I lost the ability to use the accelerator. I stayed calm because there were cars all around me and I began to coast and use momentum to drift to the shoulder of the highway. Then a second light came on and said 'brake system power fail". I tapped the break and it seemed to work but I continued to coast down the shoulder of the highway until I ran out of momentum. I then turned my brand new Honda Accord exl hybrid off and restarted the car. The lights remained on but the accelorator was working so I drove the car to the closest service area on the highway. I then called Honda roadside who told me to turn the vehicle off and wait for a tow truck. He said that I must have broken a belt. Why he said or thought that he could diagnose the problem from a call center I'm not sure. It was over 100 degrees so I did not listen to the man from Honda because it was too hot and not safe for me to sit in the vehicle without air. I waited for a tow truck which cost me $250 even though its a brand new car and I have Honda roadside assistance. My husband came and met me where the tow left me. He drove the vehicle to our dealership. The dealership told us that they have no record of this ever happening and the computer does not show that anything happened. It was so scary and dangerous and I could have been killed. They say that they can't diagnose the problem because it seems like nothing is wrong. They even asked me if I accidentally turned the car off while driving"!?!"! that isn't possible!!!! I just found the exact same complaint from another Honda driver on here which also shows that this has happened before and something is wrong. As a woman who chose this car because it is supposed to be so reliable and safe I am so upset. I do not believe that my vehicle is safe.

- Chester, NJ, USA

Jun 042015

Accord

For a week the lights on the dashboard showed that there was a problem with the ABS brakes & traction device flashing and so we took it in to Honda to have them find out why. The first time it was a Sunday afternoon (May 31th) and the fellow said it was a computer glitz and he reset the computer. In less than 1 day the lights appeared again, so we made an appointment for that Wednesday June 3rd to have it looked at; when we got there they said it would take 2-3 hours to check all the codes, etc. We were not told this when we made the appointment, so we did not have the time that day. We asked the man that talked to us (it was mike or doug) would it be dangerous to drive it and he said "no."....just computer problems. So the very next day as I was driving to work in my only 4 month old car and was on this 2 lane road that is by all info can be dangerous. I was in a straight way (which is a blessing) and pressed on the brake to slow down the car and it pulled to the right and the car slammed against a 2 foot asfault curb causing the front right tire to blow and sending my car into oncoming traffic. Thank the lord no cars were coming, but I had a horrible time stopping the car and bringing it into a right lane. Then I had to drive about 1/2 mile to where I could pull over safely (I was driving on the rim). We knew right away that something was wrong with the car, and told this to our insurance when we called in the claim. The lights were still flashing after it was repaired! the auto body man then took the car to Honda to have it checked, and they found out that the wheel-baring on the wheel was put in backwards!! this caused the brakes to fail! they made me take back the same car with no other choice (it is a lease). I just wanted a new car that I was not concerned to drive. Liberty mutual (our company) is going on recovery; they say get a lawyer!

- Warner Springs, CA, USA

Mar 192015

Accord

I parked my car in target parking lot.( the car is a manual transmission.) I put the car in neutral and applied the parking brake where I did hear a couple of clicks of engagement of brake. Entered store, returned approximately 10 minutes later and my car had rolled from its parked spot approximately 35 -40 feet backwards into front end of another stationary, unoccupied vehicle.

- Metuchen, NJ, USA