7.3

2015 Honda Accord drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Accord:

2015 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Sep 232016

Accord

Page 2 of 2 - I have since taken the vehicle to brandon Honda and basically was advised by a service advisor, manager and America Honda co that my vehicle is ¿operating by design¿, ¿my issues could not be duplicated on several test drive attempts¿ and ¿it's a safety feature¿ talking about when the vehicle can engage into reverse. As of today I have no resolution to the cvt transmission and front end concerns brought to the attention of brandon Honda. I was also told by a service technician that ¿this was a safety feature¿ and ¿it's operating as designed¿ which both are not solutions to resolve a mechanical/safety defect in the vehicle or design. I have given brandon Honda multiple tsbs to review each visit and kept having them rejected. One of those tsbs mentions having to drop the transmission to replace a module inside of the casing. Obviously the dealership is doing whatever they can to avoid having to perform this repair and keep dragging their feet to accomplish absolutely nothing. The original Honda case # 05095478 was opened and then closed via voicemail prior to me receiving my vehicle back from the dealership to determine if the issue was resolved, yet to my satisfaction. What will it take for Honda to act and make my vehicle, experience whole"???" I bought my vehicle with hard earned $ not counterfeit, broken or life threatening. Note: I have video of the vehicle in reverse motion while continuing forward, along with several tsbs, work orders, pictures and documents to support my case. This is my only means of transportation and I¿M driving over the howard franklin bridge (15,899¿) every day in my commute to and from my office. Feel free to contact me for the video, pictures or documents needed to support my case. Respectfully, a very unsatisfied brandon Honda customer

- Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 232016

Accord

Page 1 of 2 - I purchased my 2015 Honda Accord coupe ex-L with 2.4L cvt in June of 2015 new with maybe 5 miles on the odometer. I started having issues just months after purchasing the vehicle from brandon Honda. The first incident occurred when pulling out of my office complex onto a busy highway when the car decided to just shut off causing the steering column to also seize while the odometer flashed "fcw failure" along with several other instrument panel lights on steady. Since that occurrence it seems as if I've had nothing but problems with the vehicle. I have on several occasions taken the vehicle in for repeated transmission/front end issues ¿ such as jerking between rpms, down 'shifting¿ for no reason causing rpms to just drop instead of holding when releasing my foot from the accelerator and while traveling at highway/interstate speeds of 55+ mph, etc. The last 3 times included an additional issue where the gearshift would go from (D) drive and into (R) reverse while continuing to go in a forward motion with back up camera displaying on dash screen and (R) displaying on the odometer where the gear is displayed. The discovery of this safety hazard took place for the first time on an interstate while traveling 65+ mph. The passenger at the time was reaching to grab their beverage from cup holder closest to the gear shifter when it was hit/tapped in the upward motion engaging the transmission into (R) reverse. It took me a minute to grasp what happened because while I'm looking forward into the direction I'm driving, I glance down at the odometer and notice (R) in place of the (D) where the current gear engaged would be indicated. Then out of the corner of my eye I notice the camera was on display but not realizing the camera was from the rear and could see the vehicles directly behind me on the interstate.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 112016

Accord

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord. While driving approximately 75 mph, the vehicle stalled and stopped without warning. The vehicle was pulled to the side of the road, restarted, and driven home. The failure recurred and the vehicle was taken to a local dealer, but the failure could not be diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that nothing could be done. The failure mileage was 7,927.

- Ogden, UT, USA

May 122015

Accord

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord. While driving 10 mph, the vehicle hesitated to accelerate and jerked. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician installed a snapshot to record the failure and stated that the cvt transmission failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 9,000.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Feb 172016

Accord

Engine misfires at 50-60 mph with the tachometer surging from 1400 RPM to 2500 RPM with each misfire. You cannot maintain your speed and therefore are not able to safely drive on the highway. Took it to the dealer who stated that Honda has been aware of this issue for some time but does not have a fix for it yet.

- Medina, OH, USA

Oct 012015

Accord

This is 2015 brand new Accord LX with cvt. The issues are: 1. the car has obvious side to side sway at speed 15 mph. 2. the car has big amplitude vibration at speed 25~35 mph. Especially on a downward slope. 3. the whole car is vibrating at high speed (>70 mph). My hands and legs felt numbed after driving 30 to 40 minutes on highway.

- Livingston, NJ, USA