6.1

2015 Honda Accord electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Accord:

2015 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Sep 072016

Accord 4-cyl

The trunk on my car automatically opens so I have to pull over and close the trunk. I have noticed that usually this happens when I am leaving my house so I believe there is a defect in the automatic trunk opening feature on this car. I back out of the drive way and after driving for 1/2 a block or 1 block the trunk open light comes on. Then I have to pull over and shut the trunk or the trunk lid will open fully and block my visibility out of my rear window. The vehicle is in motion and on a city street when this happens. I am not sure if starting the car causes this problem or putting the car in gear or automatically unlocking the car doors but there is something in that series of actions that causes the trunk to open. This does not happen every time I leave my house but it happens sporadically. I went online to research this problem and there are customer complaints about this issue on Honda cars so I am not the only one having the problem.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Jun 172016

Accord

Car failed to start because brake pedal refused to depress slightly and close its part of the starter circuit. That failure-to-depress rendered the dashboard push-button inoperable. Honda dealer claimed that brake pedal use during parking had over-pressurized the brake pedal cylinder, which would gradually bleed off. That bleed off took anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours, in 3 separate instances. This problem renders this $30,030 car useless for taking a pregnant wife to the hospital or for a myriad of other have-to-start-the-car-now reasons.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Oct 222015

Accord

The first problem occurred October 22nd, 2015. I was driving at night and I went to change the volume (up and down) on the steering wheel and it was not registering to the car. I then tried changing the station with the left and right buttons, and nothing changed. I proceeded to try using the touchscreen and I would press firmly and the stations would not change. I would have to stop, turn the car off and back on several times, then it would randomly work again. Sometimes it would not work till the next day. I took my car in, showed them the video(s), and they said they rebooted/restarted/updated the firmware or the 'system┐ and it happened again to just come in. My car is current back in the shop, and now I have seven videos documented of this happening, all with the same issue recurring, on December 2nd, 2015, December 15th, 2015, January 17th, 2016, and January 21st, 2016. I can send all videos to an email but it will not let me upload it on the website. Please note, every time this situation has happened, you can see in the videos, I am driving and/or stationed. Morning, night, turning, driving forward, and reversing even. I checked to see if there were any recalls and/or complaints about this issue, and I could not find any. I honestly do not feel safe since this is a brand new car with under 9K miles.

- Pompano Beach, FM, USA

Jan 152016

Accord

With approximately 4600 miles vehicle would not start. Several error messages showed up: Anti locking brake problem, acc problem and brake system problems. Honda towed to service department. Low battery was diagnosed and dealer installed new battery.

- Carroll, IA, USA

Dec 272015

Accord

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord. While driving approximately 25 mph, there was a slight loss of engine power. The vehicle was maneuvered to a safe location before stalling. The vehicle failed to restart and was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the gauge control module fuse had blown out. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 18,042.

- Gresham, OR, USA

Sep 082015

Test test test

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 292015

Accord

I was driving on a high way and all of the sudden a light came on that said "power system fail" and I lost the ability to use the accelerator. I stayed calm because there were cars all around me and I began to coast and use momentum to drift to the shoulder of the highway. Then a second light came on and said 'brake system power fail". I tapped the break and it seemed to work but I continued to coast down the shoulder of the highway until I ran out of momentum. I then turned my brand new Honda Accord exl hybrid off and restarted the car. The lights remained on but the accelorator was working so I drove the car to the closest service area on the highway. I then called Honda roadside who told me to turn the vehicle off and wait for a tow truck. He said that I must have broken a belt. Why he said or thought that he could diagnose the problem from a call center I'm not sure. It was over 100 degrees so I did not listen to the man from Honda because it was too hot and not safe for me to sit in the vehicle without air. I waited for a tow truck which cost me $250 even though its a brand new car and I have Honda roadside assistance. My husband came and met me where the tow left me. He drove the vehicle to our dealership. The dealership told us that they have no record of this ever happening and the computer does not show that anything happened. It was so scary and dangerous and I could have been killed. They say that they can't diagnose the problem because it seems like nothing is wrong. They even asked me if I accidentally turned the car off while driving"!?!"! that isn't possible!!!! I just found the exact same complaint from another Honda driver on here which also shows that this has happened before and something is wrong. As a woman who chose this car because it is supposed to be so reliable and safe I am so upset. I do not believe that my vehicle is safe.

- Chester, NJ, USA

Apr 162012

Accord

My stock radio kept going on and off. It would just stop playing and then start playing on it's own. Like an electrical short. I went to Honda dealership after it continued. They said it would cost me $500 to just look at it not guarantee that they could fix it. The radio is part of the air conditioning system knobs and I didn't want any further shorts to occur since there was nothing wrong with that part of the system. I am the original owner

- Hopewell Junction, NY, USA

Jul 092015

Accord

Honda A/C condenser prone to damage from road debris in December 2014 I purchased a new 2015 Honda Accord. On July 9, 2015 my air conditioner stopped working. I live in Florida where the summer is extremely hot making even the shortest of trips very uncomfortable. I took my car to the dealership the next morning for service, knowing that I have a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty in addition to an extended warranty. I was sure that the repair would be covered under warranty. I was informed that a rock/pebble had pierced my condenser which put a pinhole in it, and it is not covered under warranty. Honda indicated that the cost to fix the condenser is $716.85. I went to the dealership twice to speak with the general manager to see if this can be resolved given that my car is only 8 months old with only 9000 miles and I was told to go through my insurance company. I also reached out to Honda of America and was told that the damage was caused by road debris and is not covered under warranty. This is an obvious design flaw. The Honda air-conditioning condenser is unduly prone to damage caused by "normal" road debris that does not affect other auto manufacturer's condenser design. As with other auto makers, the front bumper clip is wide open to any kind of road debris and the condenser sits right behind the front air intake with no protection at all. However, this typical design poses a problem for the Honda condensers and will happen over & over again, and Honda refuses to do anything about it calling it normal and working as designed! this should be a recall.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Jul 092015

Accord

I have a 2015 Honda Accord ( purchased in Dec 2014), on July 9th my A/C stopped working, I brought it to the dealer on July 10th around 7:00 am for service. I received a call from the dealer stating that my ac/ condenser had a leak due to "road damage", possible hit by a pebble and caused a leak, and it is not covered under warranty. The cost to fix it is $716.85. To add insult to injury I have the extended warranty... I was also told that it is not covered under the extended warranty. After doing my research online, this seems to be a major issue with Honda Accord. This is a design flaw due to lack of proper protection behind the lower grill for the ac/ condenser. I reached out to american Honda to see if they could assist and I was told ' this is not a manufacture defect" I went to the dealership on two separate occasion to speak with the general manager and I was told that there is nothing they could do to assist. I was told to contact my insurance company. Nice design Honda... I did some research and people are going to home depot to fix an obvious design flaw. www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-Honda-civic-exterior-style-mods/248465-how-add-gutter-guard-lower-grille-protect-C-condenser.html

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Jul 012015

Accord

Initial use of the automatic air conditioning system puts the passenger cabin into "air recirculation" mode in order to bring the temperature down as quickly as possible. Unfortunately it will not turn air recirculation off until the interior air temperature has reached the temperature asked for. This can take a long time. We have been told for years that it isn't safe to leave recirculation on for too long due to the possibility of dangerous exhaust gases entering the cabin. Recirculation can be turned off by pushing a button but having fresh air sooner seems safer to me.

- Winchester, MA, USA

Apr 022015

Accord

I purchased this vehicle about 3 months ago. Honda states that the text messages will display on the Honda display as a hands free use. However, I have not been able to use this function. The car doesn't allow this function. I have done everything from resetting my phone and having the manufacture of the phone check it out. Honda, tells me that they are not compatible with the iphone 6, well, I feel that Honda should have an update on their software, so that people that have iphones will be able to use this feature that Honda adverstises.

- Studio City, CA, USA

Mar 042015

Accord 4-cyl

Car would not start. Lights, radio, air condition & light indicators all were functional. Battery tested and was informed was not the problem. Car was towed to closest Honda dealer.

- Riverside, CA, USA