2015 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Accord:

2015 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 082016

When making a lane change at a speed of ~60mph on the highway. The car lost control and jerked towards the left. It zigzagged between the left and middle lane and hit another vehicle twice. Although damage to our Honda Accord was mainly cosmetic, the engine was dead before/after the collision. The accident occurred in new brighton, mn, and the law enforcement case # is 16507355. We've reported this issue to american Honda (case number 04824446) on July 11th, 2016, but didn't receive proper attention. After a simple check and test drive, they claimed there was no issue/defect with the vehicle. Contacted american Honda several times but haven't receive any follow-up yet.

- Shoreview, MN, USA

Jul 242016

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord. While driving 60 mph, the vehicle stalled and was able to be restarted. The check engine light illuminated. The vehicle was driven to a dealer, but was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 5,800. Updated 09/08/16

- Vienna, VA, USA

Mar 142016

When I drive my car it stalls and hesitates when accelerating and driving. There is a recall for this involving the short box and it can cause an accident or if the old leaks it can catch on fire. The recall is printed on the internet. I will email it to you later as I do nat have it with me. This has happened every month and many times every month. They will not fix it and they will not call me back. I want a new car under the lemon law. Please help. Others need to know there is a danger here but this is top secret.

- Beloit Wisconsin 53511, WI, USA

Apr 122016

Engine misfires at highway speeds with the tachometer surging 1,000 RPM's with each misfire. You cannot maintain your speed and therefore are not able to safely drive on the highway. Took it to a dealer who stated someone else had recently been in with the same problem, but could not recreate the probelm on a test drive. They reset the computer to factory settings, but didn't hear back yet from the owner if it resolved the issue. They didn't reset my car's computer, however. My problem appears to match that of NHTSA id number 10838521.

- St Paul, MN, USA

Feb 172016

Engine misfires at 50-60 mph with the tachometer surging from 1400 RPM to 2500 RPM with each misfire. You cannot maintain your speed and therefore are not able to safely drive on the highway. Took it to the dealer who stated that Honda has been aware of this issue for some time but does not have a fix for it yet.

- Medina, OH, USA

Jun 272015

With 800 miles on the vehicle, it stalled at 65 mph. Took it to the dealer, they could not recreate the problem. I told them I did not want the car back until the problem was fixed. After 10 days, we reluctantly took the car back. The dealer said they reported the problem to Honda, but I really don't know if they did. They said "driver error". in late November, we received a safety recall letter saying our car might stall at highway speeds. We had the software updated, the 4 days later the car stalled again. Thankfully in a parking lot. It took 10 minutes to get it started. Right away, we took it to the dealer, removed our license plates, and informed the service manager we would not drive it again. He sais it was "driver error". the next week we traded the car for a new Ford Fusion. It cost us several thousand dollars to do this, but we said it wasn't worth the chance that it would stall again. The dealer and maybe Honda did not step up to the plate on this matter. They put it all on me, the consumer. Thanks for listening.

- Chillicothe, OH, USA

Dec 082015

While driving in stop and go traffic, either on the highway or on residential streets, occasionally, the vehicle will hesitate. This hesitation will last 1-3 seconds and then the vehicle will accelerate as expected. This hesitation can cause a dangerous situation since the vehicle will not move as expected. The vehicle was purchased new, and this has occurred since its purchase. I've taken it to the Honda dealer, but they can not duplicate it since it is an intermittent issue. Their response was to stop using the econ button. I have stopped using this feature, but the issue has persisted, (although it has lessened in occurrences). The issue can occur 1-2 times per week, with the last occurrence on 12/8/15. There is a technical service bulletin on the vehicle 15-036, which may or may not be related, but last time at the dealer, they couldn't find the tsb, so the software update likely has not been made to the vehicle.

- Brecksville, OH, USA

Sep 142015

I just purchased the car on July 2015. My car has 5,350 miles. I notice when I drive the vehicle it takes a lot of energy to adjust to the speed almost like a push back/stall. There is also rattling when I drive that I can't attribute to any personal items.

- Union City, CA, USA

Nov 062015

Intermittently, but always upon acceleration (could be pulling onto the highway from a stopped position, merging/speeding up to get on the highway or pass another vehicle, or starting to move when the light turns green) the car will fall flat with no power. It doesn't stall, just doesn't respond to the gas pedal. Most times, happens in second gear. Releasing the gas pedal and then pressing it again most times resolves the problem. Sometimes, it takes a few tries. This is a very dangerous problem, and I have had many motorists swerve around me or blow the horn at me because I can't get the car moving fast enough. I just spent $30,000 on this new car, and the dealership cannot duplicate the problem so they're sending me on my way with a vehicle that's a potential death trap.

- Oak Ridge, NJ, USA

Sep 262015

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord. While driving at 80 mph, the vehicle started to shake. The contact stated that the vehicle started to decelerate rapidly to 40 mph. The contact stated that the check engine warning light illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,200.

- Escondido, CA, USA

Jul 292015

I was driving on a high way and all of the sudden a light came on that said "power system fail" and I lost the ability to use the accelerator. I stayed calm because there were cars all around me and I began to coast and use momentum to drift to the shoulder of the highway. Then a second light came on and said 'brake system power fail". I tapped the break and it seemed to work but I continued to coast down the shoulder of the highway until I ran out of momentum. I then turned my brand new Honda Accord exl hybrid off and restarted the car. The lights remained on but the accelorator was working so I drove the car to the closest service area on the highway. I then called Honda roadside who told me to turn the vehicle off and wait for a tow truck. He said that I must have broken a belt. Why he said or thought that he could diagnose the problem from a call center I'm not sure. It was over 100 degrees so I did not listen to the man from Honda because it was too hot and not safe for me to sit in the vehicle without air. I waited for a tow truck which cost me $250 even though its a brand new car and I have Honda roadside assistance. My husband came and met me where the tow left me. He drove the vehicle to our dealership. The dealership told us that they have no record of this ever happening and the computer does not show that anything happened. It was so scary and dangerous and I could have been killed. They say that they can't diagnose the problem because it seems like nothing is wrong. They even asked me if I accidentally turned the car off while driving"!?!"! that isn't possible!!!! I just found the exact same complaint from another Honda driver on here which also shows that this has happened before and something is wrong. As a woman who chose this car because it is supposed to be so reliable and safe I am so upset. I do not believe that my vehicle is safe.

- Chester, NJ, USA

Jun 022015

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord. While driving at any speed with the brakes engaged, there was a loss of power. Seconds later, the vehicle resumed normal operation. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was not able to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 500.

- Lahabra, CA, USA

Mar 042015

Accord 4-cyl

Car would not start. Lights, radio, air condition & light indicators all were functional. Battery tested and was informed was not the problem. Car was towed to closest Honda dealer.

- Riverside, CA, USA