2015 Honda Accord miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Accord:

2015 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Sep 232016

Accord

Page 2 of 2 - I have since taken the vehicle to brandon Honda and basically was advised by a service advisor, manager and America Honda co that my vehicle is ¿operating by design¿, ¿my issues could not be duplicated on several test drive attempts¿ and ¿it's a safety feature¿ talking about when the vehicle can engage into reverse. As of today I have no resolution to the cvt transmission and front end concerns brought to the attention of brandon Honda. I was also told by a service technician that ¿this was a safety feature¿ and ¿it's operating as designed¿ which both are not solutions to resolve a mechanical/safety defect in the vehicle or design. I have given brandon Honda multiple tsbs to review each visit and kept having them rejected. One of those tsbs mentions having to drop the transmission to replace a module inside of the casing. Obviously the dealership is doing whatever they can to avoid having to perform this repair and keep dragging their feet to accomplish absolutely nothing. The original Honda case # 05095478 was opened and then closed via voicemail prior to me receiving my vehicle back from the dealership to determine if the issue was resolved, yet to my satisfaction. What will it take for Honda to act and make my vehicle, experience whole"???" I bought my vehicle with hard earned $ not counterfeit, broken or life threatening. Note: I have video of the vehicle in reverse motion while continuing forward, along with several tsbs, work orders, pictures and documents to support my case. This is my only means of transportation and I¿M driving over the howard franklin bridge (15,899¿) every day in my commute to and from my office. Feel free to contact me for the video, pictures or documents needed to support my case. Respectfully, a very unsatisfied brandon Honda customer

- Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 232016

Accord

Page 1 of 2 - I purchased my 2015 Honda Accord coupe ex-L with 2.4L cvt in June of 2015 new with maybe 5 miles on the odometer. I started having issues just months after purchasing the vehicle from brandon Honda. The first incident occurred when pulling out of my office complex onto a busy highway when the car decided to just shut off causing the steering column to also seize while the odometer flashed "fcw failure" along with several other instrument panel lights on steady. Since that occurrence it seems as if I've had nothing but problems with the vehicle. I have on several occasions taken the vehicle in for repeated transmission/front end issues ¿ such as jerking between rpms, down 'shifting¿ for no reason causing rpms to just drop instead of holding when releasing my foot from the accelerator and while traveling at highway/interstate speeds of 55+ mph, etc. The last 3 times included an additional issue where the gearshift would go from (D) drive and into (R) reverse while continuing to go in a forward motion with back up camera displaying on dash screen and (R) displaying on the odometer where the gear is displayed. The discovery of this safety hazard took place for the first time on an interstate while traveling 65+ mph. The passenger at the time was reaching to grab their beverage from cup holder closest to the gear shifter when it was hit/tapped in the upward motion engaging the transmission into (R) reverse. It took me a minute to grasp what happened because while I'm looking forward into the direction I'm driving, I glance down at the odometer and notice (R) in place of the (D) where the current gear engaged would be indicated. Then out of the corner of my eye I notice the camera was on display but not realizing the camera was from the rear and could see the vehicles directly behind me on the interstate.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 192016

Accord

Sunroof exploded on 2015 Honda Accord at 9:30 am on 9/19/16 while traveling on highway one mile before exiting. Sounded as if a semi tire exploded near by. It was not an impact break. It exploded outward not inward. There were no vehicles close enough to shoot a rock and it would have hit windshield. I now have on my once perfect unblemished car scratches on top and on trunk. Vehicle is 1.5 years old, 18,000 miles and Honda has informed me they will not cover under the warranty despite that it is obviously a known defect. I have images on phone but having a hard time attaching.

- Centerton, AR, USA

Aug 152016

Accord

Headlights on low beam have a sharp top side cutoff that makes seeing the road and signs and objects difficult to see at night. Also when going down hill and if the road rises sharply, you cannot see very far ahead, I almost hit someone crossing a street because of this. Also, the heater/ac controls are needlessly complicated, as are the radio controls. Where one knob could control the on/off and fan speed, this car has three separate small buttons where you must take yours eyes off the road to find. The same applies to changing the temperature; there are two up/down separate buttons, where one simple knob would work. The radio, too has too many needless buttons to push. If texting is dangerous while driving, they have made this car dangerous to change almost any control. There should be the rule that controls be kept as simple as possible. I understand that the Lexus even has a separate mouse you must use to change settings! it has gotten out of control.

- Omaha, NE, USA

May 062016

Accord

On Friday May 6, 2016 while driving on interstate 4, driver side window exploded inward hitting me with glass and distributing glass throughout entire inside of car, front and back. Very loud explosion and all glass came inside car. There were no other cars beside me or in front of me at the time. I almost lost control of the vehicle while doing 70 mph. Honda service sanford Florida said there is no issue with their windows doing this, however, when I go on line I see many entries on the internet outlining this same identical issue, plus there are law suits that have been filed against Honda due to this issue. Honda service sanford cleaned all of the glass from within the interior of car without taking pictures. I will take pictues of the inside of door once they remove panels. Something needs to be investigated to ensure that that is there is a defect in the glass that its replaced before someone looses control of their vehicle and causes injury or death to other.

- Heathrow, FL, USA

Feb 202016

Accord

I bought a new Honda Accord about 7 months ago. I noticed after driving it a month or more that every long once in a while it was showing me a defect known as "unintended acceleration". I took it in to the dealer and after they examined it, put it on the computer machine and test drove it a few miles, they found it to be perfect, nothing wrong with it. I took it back and continued driving it thinking that perhaps I did something that caused it.as I continued on with it, I pulled into my handicap space at my parking lot. Front end up to a concrete bunker with the handicap sign standing tall in front. I was about to put the car in park and shut the key off, when suddenly while my feet were off the pedals the car zoomed up to 40 mph, I turned the wheel left to try and avoid the sign after it hit the bunker and as it sped into the next parking lane I braked and shifted to neutral.luckily there was no traffic in the second lane or I would have killed somebody as well as myself.I took it to two more dealers with a damaged passenger fender and they all said after looking and testing again that there is nothing wrong with the car. The last dealer brought a Honda expert mechanic in from the manufacturer and he too said nothing's wrong. Without evidence they can do nothing for me.if we can't find the trouble you say is there, we can't accomodate you. I said, so your sending me home now to get killed?sorry but there's no proof. I called Honda manufacturer and they would do nothing.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Oct 222015

Accord

The first problem occurred October 22nd, 2015. I was driving at night and I went to change the volume (up and down) on the steering wheel and it was not registering to the car. I then tried changing the station with the left and right buttons, and nothing changed. I proceeded to try using the touchscreen and I would press firmly and the stations would not change. I would have to stop, turn the car off and back on several times, then it would randomly work again. Sometimes it would not work till the next day. I took my car in, showed them the video(s), and they said they rebooted/restarted/updated the firmware or the 'system¿ and it happened again to just come in. My car is current back in the shop, and now I have seven videos documented of this happening, all with the same issue recurring, on December 2nd, 2015, December 15th, 2015, January 17th, 2016, and January 21st, 2016. I can send all videos to an email but it will not let me upload it on the website. Please note, every time this situation has happened, you can see in the videos, I am driving and/or stationed. Morning, night, turning, driving forward, and reversing even. I checked to see if there were any recalls and/or complaints about this issue, and I could not find any. I honestly do not feel safe since this is a brand new car with under 9K miles.

- Pompano Beach, FM, USA

Dec 042015

Accord

Approx. 4 months into my ownership of the vehicle, the backup camera stayed on, while the gear was in D (drive). Fortunately it was a short drive but it did concern me a little bit. The same issue happened again 2 months later. Pictures from both incidents are attached. On the 2nd instance the audio system said "turned off" while music was played loud and clear. I changed gears a few times while actually in the parking spot to see if it resets, but no luck. Incident has not been reported to the dealer yet. Was the computer on the car thinking that I was reversing the car while I was actually going forward" anything wrong with the integration of transmission to electronics? what if the air bags do not deploy or early warning systems like forward collision or lane departure alerts do not work" I am continuing to drive the car but very concerned for family and my own safety.

- Monmouth Junction, NJ, USA

Oct 012015

Accord

This is 2015 brand new Accord LX with cvt. The issues are: 1. the car has obvious side to side sway at speed 15 mph. 2. the car has big amplitude vibration at speed 25~35 mph. Especially on a downward slope. 3. the whole car is vibrating at high speed (>70 mph). My hands and legs felt numbed after driving 30 to 40 minutes on highway.

- Livingston, NJ, USA

Sep 072015

Accord

I was driving on a highway and all of a sudden my sunroof exploded. I heard a loud noise. However, I didnt see any rocks or any object flying towards my car. It was very strange for the sunroof to just explode out of nowhere. I went to a Honda dealer and they told me that it was impacted by an object. I did not see anything around that would have smashed into the sunroof.

- Dunmore, PA, USA

Aug 112015

Accord

I have had three incidents in the 4500 miles that I have driven the car where the sun reflects off of the shiny portion of the chrome center console and blinds me. This is unsafe and can cause an accident. Other company's use non-reflective to avoid this. I think it should be recalled. I also think FMVSS standards should address this extremely unsafe condition. I threw a rag over the portion of the console to prevent the sun from reflecting in my eyes so I would not have an accident.

- Northville, MI, USA

Jul 092015

Accord

I have a 2015 Honda Accord ( purchased in Dec 2014), on July 9th my A/C stopped working, I brought it to the dealer on July 10th around 7:00 am for service. I received a call from the dealer stating that my ac/ condenser had a leak due to "road damage", possible hit by a pebble and caused a leak, and it is not covered under warranty. The cost to fix it is $716.85. To add insult to injury I have the extended warranty... I was also told that it is not covered under the extended warranty. After doing my research online, this seems to be a major issue with Honda Accord. This is a design flaw due to lack of proper protection behind the lower grill for the ac/ condenser. I reached out to american Honda to see if they could assist and I was told ' this is not a manufacture defect" I went to the dealership on two separate occasion to speak with the general manager and I was told that there is nothing they could do to assist. I was told to contact my insurance company. Nice design Honda... I did some research and people are going to home depot to fix an obvious design flaw. www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-Honda-civic-exterior-style-mods/248465-how-add-gutter-guard-lower-grille-protect-C-condenser.html

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Jul 012015

Accord

Initial use of the automatic air conditioning system puts the passenger cabin into "air recirculation" mode in order to bring the temperature down as quickly as possible. Unfortunately it will not turn air recirculation off until the interior air temperature has reached the temperature asked for. This can take a long time. We have been told for years that it isn't safe to leave recirculation on for too long due to the possibility of dangerous exhaust gases entering the cabin. Recirculation can be turned off by pushing a button but having fresh air sooner seems safer to me.

- Winchester, MA, USA

Jan 092015

Accord 4-cyl

It sounds as if the front windows are open even when the car is not moving. But at especially over 45 mph, the sound of air wooshing into the cabin is very pronounced. It is at ear level on both the driver and passenger side. Honda has replaced the window run channels but the noise is still there. They say this is normal operation but cannot be.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Dec 232014

Accord

Cpsc:I1510478A. Simoniz products. Consumer stated the product caused him to have a severe headache. The consumer stated when he purchased the vehicle, the dealer offered a simoniz glass coat exterior paint sealant product along with a teflon based interior upholstery and carpet treatment. The consumer believed the chemicals were making him sick and a rash appeared on his hand, but later went away.

- Burlington, VT, USA

Nov 142014

Accord

When the temperature drops rapidly below freezing, the window motors freeze the windows become inoperable. This occurred with my left front, right front, and left rear windows. These various windows have frozen 4 additional times since the original incident. Sometimes it has only been one of the 3 windows that has frozen shut; other times it has been all three.

- York, PA, USA