2015 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Accord:

2015 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 212016

Takata recall. Honda has identified a current safety problem with my vehicle, yet cannot correct this flaw in a reasonable period of time. It may takes months before the repair is made. Their current written advice is to "...avoid having a passenger sit in the front passenger's seat until the recall repair has been performed." How is a family of four expected to do this with a family sedan seating four" we have no public transportation available in my community. Shall I always leave a member of my family behind then? never leave home" if Honda cannot perform the recall repairs in a reasonable period of time, they should provide rental vehicles for their customers. This is reasonable given the safety concern.

- Pelham, AL, USA

Sep 082015

Test test test

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 042015

For a week the lights on the dashboard showed that there was a problem with the ABS brakes & traction device flashing and so we took it in to Honda to have them find out why. The first time it was a Sunday afternoon (May 31th) and the fellow said it was a computer glitz and he reset the computer. In less than 1 day the lights appeared again, so we made an appointment for that Wednesday June 3rd to have it looked at; when we got there they said it would take 2-3 hours to check all the codes, etc. We were not told this when we made the appointment, so we did not have the time that day. We asked the man that talked to us (it was mike or doug) would it be dangerous to drive it and he said "no."....just computer problems. So the very next day as I was driving to work in my only 4 month old car and was on this 2 lane road that is by all info can be dangerous. I was in a straight way (which is a blessing) and pressed on the brake to slow down the car and it pulled to the right and the car slammed against a 2 foot asfault curb causing the front right tire to blow and sending my car into oncoming traffic. Thank the lord no cars were coming, but I had a horrible time stopping the car and bringing it into a right lane. Then I had to drive about 1/2 mile to where I could pull over safely (I was driving on the rim). We knew right away that something was wrong with the car, and told this to our insurance when we called in the claim. The lights were still flashing after it was repaired! the auto body man then took the car to Honda to have it checked, and they found out that the wheel-baring on the wheel was put in backwards!! this caused the brakes to fail! they made me take back the same car with no other choice (it is a lease). I just wanted a new car that I was not concerned to drive. Liberty mutual (our company) is going on recovery; they say get a lawyer!

- Warner Springs, CA, USA

Jun 062015

Accord 6-cyl

Just made a left turn out of my development and was driving down the road when the driver and passenger airbags deployed. Due to the smoke I could no longer see and the car hit a tree on the right side of the road and the rest of the airbags deployed..... updated 06/30/15

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

May 162015

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord. While driving at an unknown speed, the contact's vehicle crashed into the passenger side of another vehicle. The driver side air bag failed to deploy. The contact did not sustain any injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 7,000.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

Apr 012015

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the side airbag and wires were able to be accessed by a child from the rear seat. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician stated that there was no failure and was unable to alter the design of the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 45.

- Springfield, MA, USA