2016 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Accord:

2016 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Nov 262016

Accord

I experience excruciating pain when driving for more than 15 minutes in my new Honda Accord ex-L V6. I cannot find a comfortable position in the driver's seat, despite having tried every adjustment: Forward / back, up/down, angle the seat, adjust the lumber support, adjust the steering wheel. I went to a body worker twice this week to alleviate the pain in my lower and upper back and legs. I have driven various cars for 40 plus years and never had a problem with seats, until now. I do not know what to do. I just spent $33,000 on a vehicle that was supposed to be reliable and comfortable, but I simply cannot be in such pain. The car now has 1,100 miles on it, and I guess that I need to sell it back to the dealer or to a private party, for a loss of thousands of dollars.

- Berkeley, CA, USA

Nov 262016

Accord

I went to a body worker yesterday because my lower and upper back and legs were in such pain. I tried placing pillows and towels in strategic places, and I just ordered a variety of lumbar support / cushions to try to alleviate the pain. I cannot believe that I just spent $33,000 for this car and cannot drive it for more than 15 minutes before experiencing excruciating pain. I have just over 1,100 miles on it and have no idea what to do. I tried adjusting the driver seat positions: Forward/back, up/down, angled/leveled the seat, adjusted the lumber support to more/less pronounced positions, without finding a position that alleviates the pain. Also, when I try to adjust the steering wheel to see if arm position might be part of the problem, it lands either high, or if I lower it, the wheel blocks the speedometer in the range 55-85 mi/hr. My previous vehicle, a Dodge Grand Caravan, had wonderful seats. I thought I was "moving on up" with a reliable Honda Accord.in fact, I never had a comfort problem with any other vehicle I have owned in the past 40 years. Please help me find a solution.

- Berkeley, CA, USA

Sep 182016

Accord

Lumbar support on drivers side seat causes lower back pain, numbness and tingling. Poor ergonomics / design.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Aug 012016

Accord

On two different occasions I had to take my 2016 Honda Accord for a "SRS " air bag (P2801 code) total interal failure. Dealership replaced unit and cleared dtcs. Seat belts were buckled but system would not register as being buckled. Pretty scary stuff considering this is my family car an have children within car everyday..

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Mar 012016

Accord

Steering wheel occludes the speedometer. Analog speedometer is in the middle of the dashboard and very large. Depending on the position of the steering wheel you loose at least 25 mph range (either on the low or high end of the spectrum). There is no digital readout which would be a simple fix to this issue as the low center part of the speedometer "ring" is always visible. Also, the driver's seat has a built in arch that does not fit ever body. It is not adjustable and (depending on height) pokes you in the mid-low back and doesn't let the upper back get support or relax into the seat. Result is very tight and spasmed back muscles. This gets worse over time.

- Los Altos, CA, USA

Mar 292016

Accord

Seats are very uncomfortable. The drivers side seat cause my legs to go numb and also hurts my lower back.

- Fort Smith, AR, USA

Feb 122016

Accord

The contact owns a 2016 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the vehicle seat caused the contact's foot to fall asleep, neck pain, and back pain. The vehicle was taken to the delaer where it was diagnoised that the failures were inherent to the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The failure mileage was approximatley 300.

- Elmira, NY, USA