2016 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Accord:

2016 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 082016

Accord

Honda quality problems. We bought a 2016 Honda Accord in January. After few months the car started to have problems. The car loses acceleration all of a sudden and comes to a low speed (0-5 mph) within seconds. Every time this happened I was driving on the freeway. I took to the dealer many times. First time - the dealer said that he couldn't find anything wrong with the car second time - as per Honda tech, they diagnosed that the chip in the computer is the problem. So they said that the software in the computer needed upgrade (strange.. it is a brand new car. And why is this happening to only one car. It should have been the case with other cars produced at the same time). Third time - as per Honda tech, they replaced the acceleration kit as they thought that is the problem. Fourth time - now they think the wiring is the problem and replaced that. Every time, I drove that car trusting them, I risked my life. I avoided accident 8 times on freeway from being rear ended. I drove into the central ditch on the freeway and injured my shoulder. I am on medication for the past 1+ month. I am worried that I drive this car and am going to die.

- N Chelmsford, MA, USA

Jun 142016

Accord

The contact owns a 2016 Honda Accord. While merging into traffic at approximately 50 mph, the contact crashed into the rear driver side of another vehicle. Within seconds of stopping, flames emitted under the hood and eventually spread throughout the whole vehicle. The fire department extinguished the fire. A police report was filed. No injuries were sustained. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 10,000. The VIN was not available.

- Johnstown, OH, USA

Apr 092016

Accord

At less than 600 miles, suddenly while driving at less than 30mph, transmission failure, in drive, operated like low gear. Car rattle, warning lights flashing: Electric power steering, cylinder malfunction, TPMS, and vsa.

- Port Washington, NY, USA

Dec 142015

Accord

Car has a severe vibration at idle while gear is selected to D.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA