2016 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Accord:

2016 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Nov 062016

Accord

The contact owns a 2016 Honda Accord. When the vehicle was shifted into reverse, it experienced independent acceleration and crashed into a steel cable. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was repaired; however, a diagnosis was not provided. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 6,000.

- Massapequa Park, NY, USA

Oct 022016

Accord

The contact owns a 2016 Honda Accord. While the vehicle was in reverse, it independently accelerated and crashed into a tree. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the rear driver side liftgate sustained damage and needed to be repaired. The vehicle was also taken to the dealer where the failure could not be replicated. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The failure mileage was approximately 8,000.

- Sparrows Point, MD, USA

Jun 082016

Accord

Honda quality problems. We bought a 2016 Honda Accord in January. After few months the car started to have problems. The car loses acceleration all of a sudden and comes to a low speed (0-5 mph) within seconds. Every time this happened I was driving on the freeway. I took to the dealer many times. First time - the dealer said that he couldn't find anything wrong with the car second time - as per Honda tech, they diagnosed that the chip in the computer is the problem. So they said that the software in the computer needed upgrade (strange.. it is a brand new car. And why is this happening to only one car. It should have been the case with other cars produced at the same time). Third time - as per Honda tech, they replaced the acceleration kit as they thought that is the problem. Fourth time - now they think the wiring is the problem and replaced that. Every time, I drove that car trusting them, I risked my life. I avoided accident 8 times on freeway from being rear ended. I drove into the central ditch on the freeway and injured my shoulder. I am on medication for the past 1+ month. I am worried that I drive this car and am going to die.

- N Chelmsford, MA, USA

Jul 072016

Accord

The contact rented a 2016 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while parking the vehicle, it accelerated independently. The contact was able to stop the vehicle before it crashed. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 2,000.

- Marlton, NJ, USA

May 052016

Accord

I had 2 incidents of sudden acceleration on May 5, 2016 with my 2016 Honda Accord ex. I drove my car in my apartment complex 10:30 pm May 5, 2016 to pay rent, drove car home a few blocks. I put car in position to back into parking space. Car in reverse. Car accelerated so fast, my car went flying over the curb, grass, sidewalk. Put car into drive from reverse to stop car - it accelerated again! car shot straight into court. I put both feet on brake pedal - my brake lights were on (girl walking dog witnessed this). Car was flying - I had nowhere to go - 3 apt buildings on left - 20 cars parked on right side. I used emergency brake to stop car - since brakes did not slow car down. I was about to hit tree head on - I saw last parking space empty. I swerved sharply to the right, pulled hard on emergency brake and stopped.. the engine made terrible noise, burning oil, burning rubber from tires I had experienced runaway car or sudden acceleration caused by a malfunction in the electronics that control vehicle powertrain. Since introducing electronics into throttle control, cases of sudden acceleration have risen dramatically. Sudden acceleration is often reported in brand new vehicles like mine. There is no "proof" of this - at Honda shop - unless engineer called in, which Honda won't do. There is no fix for this. Once this happens - it will definitely happen a 2nd time - some are killed, some in coma, paralyzed. I called the pioneer lawyer on "sudden acceleration" claims. He told me I was quite lucky cheating death by an inch, and I seemed so calm. The dealer has my car all week, no calls from anyone. Won't give me loaner car. I have had no car for 8 days now. I can't drive this car - so need to get Honda to buy it back. Dealers will never admit to problem, blames sudden acceleration on innocent people.

- Baltimore, MD, USA