9.2

2016 Honda Accord suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Accord:

2016 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 032016

Accord

Car was purchased brand new from dealership in fort smith, ar. Upon inspection 10 days after purchase. (miles: 502) vehicle undercarriage and suspension had significant rust and oxidization damage. In this region of the United States- rust is very uncommon if not ever present, much less, on a brand new vehicle. After numerous attempts to work with american Honda and the local dealership, they claim to have exhausted all efforts and have done all "repairs" they intend to do. The work done was only surface removal and since then, a rear oil leak has developed and the back seat door panels have separated from the body of the vehicle. Let it be known that I have been without a vehicle since the beginning of this process, June 3, 2016. This is unacceptable and unbelievable that a brand new vehicle has this extent of rust damage. I am a mechanic with over 40 years of experience and have never seen this type of damage on a vehicle, let alone a new purchase. If I would have known this would even be an issue, I would have inspected the vehicle before purchase. Because of it being a new vehicle, who would have expected this problem from a trusted vehicle brand such as Honda?! I have made sure to document this thoroughly and have more than 70 photos for your review. Please contact me anytime for those or any additional documentation you might need.

- Fort Smith, AR, USA

May 282016

Accord

Lately, I decided not to drive my 2016 Honda Accord on the highway for safety precaution until the Honda dealership does something about my car. I don't have full control of steering wheel about 40 mph. I took back four times, the dealership mechanic saw nothing wrong. I know it is steering issue. One would have to drive the car for a while to encounter the problem that am having with it. I will take it back after the holiday for a replacement. One way or another I will not keep on driving a car which represents a safety issue for me and others. The problem is felt on both, the city street and the highway.

- Queens Village, NY, USA

Jan 062016

Accord

Lots of vibration when idle with brakes. Vibration felt in my foot and steering wheel. Took to dealership twice and they claim that is how Honda LX drive and other customers made same complaint. Too much vibration for a brand new car. It is not right for them to get away with these kinds of issue. Cannot enjoy new car experience due to this issue

- Orlando, FL, USA

Feb 012016

Accord

Since day 1, have had issues with a noticeable clunking noise while going over bumps.after 4 repair attempts at a Honda dealership that led to tightening of 'loose'(as per the mechanic and paperwork) nuts and bolts, adjustments of the rack, replacement of both front struts as well as replacement of the front steering rack, the noise continued. During the 5th repair attempt after meeting with an engineer from Honda as well as the Honda certified mechanic, the mechanic tells me that the subframe became unglued. The new design of the Honda subframe is now glued and not welded, in order to make the vehicle lighter and more fuel efficient. I am told by a Honda engineer that Honda tech line is now aware of this issue(which tells me there hsve been numerous complaints). Even after the entire subframe was recently replaced, I continue to have front end issues with my brand new car including creaking and vibration. I am currently working with a lemon law attorney and now have had 5 repair attempts on this vehicle. This subframe issue certainly is a safety matter and failure of such could lead to catastrophic accidents. This has and continues to be an ongoing problem. The 'glued' subframes in these vehicles should be investigated. Please note that this Honda is their top of the line 'touring' model which has additional suspension parts for a smoother ride supposedly. I have all of my documentation from the dealership should you require it.

- Newtonville, NY, USA