2010 Honda Accord Crosstour engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour:

2010 Honda Accord Crosstour Owner Comments

Jul 092016

Accord Crosstour

Check engine light came on while driving, cylinder was misfiring. Replaced spark plug. This has happened twice about a little over a year apart in different cylinders.

- Rushsylvania, OH, USA

May 222016

Accord Crosstour

I bought a Honda on quite a few referrals because they were supposed to be solid cars that last. I had actually been having issues with the engine, in one form or another, a couple years after I bought it. I would take it in and it would be fixed (?). until a few months ago when the engine and traction lights would go on for a few days then off, then back on, then of again. The final time they went on they were blinking and my car was acting very sluggish, it was not getting a lot of power so I took it in to a Honda dealer for a diagnostic. After picking my self up off of the floor from the estimate that they gave me, I took their print out to another repair center, that rhymes with, hirestone, because they had taken care of a few things in the past and had great customer service and comparable pricing. One week later, my engine and traction light came back on and I flipped out! I took it back to 'hirestone" and they took it in and a few hours later, here I am reading about the lawsuit with Honda over the excessive oil usage deal. Now I will be super inconvenienced to find a way to take my car in to a dealer for a couple hours for my 3rd oil change in about 3-4 weeks so they can monitor the usage and determine if I qualify to have the piston rings replaced, a 1-2 day job. Also come to find out that if it is the lawsuit issue, american Honda does not offer a rental car for me while they are fixing "their" faulty issue. I didn't ask for this headache, they knew about it a few years ago. They should pay for everything!! urggggggg!!!!

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Apr 142015

Accord Crosstour

Excess oil consumption. First made aware by oil service technician when the car was just under 5 years old. Technician said they notice excess consumption at the previous change, but thought it was a fluke. Since then, Honda has had me recording mileage and oil levels. After nearly 8,000 miles I had enough evidence for them to do a software update....which did not fix the problem. One thousand miles after the most recent oil change, I had to add 1/2 quart. Now the local Honda repair shop says they are trying to convince Honda to do a good-will fix. Really" how is this good will when this is a known engineering design issue"

- Niceville, FL, USA

May 212015

Accord Crosstour

Two weeks ago, I was driving at approximately 55 mph, the car felt as if it were switching gears sluggishly. Then I noticed the engine light had come on. I took the vehicle to O'reilly's to investigate the engine light which was caused by a P3400 code/bank 1. I researched the code and purchased 2 quarts of the 0W20 synthetic oil. The light went out after driving approximately 10 miles. I then made an appointment for an oil change, however the dealership was closed for the memorial day holiday and rescheduled for tomorrow (3 days later). The light has since come back on; I again checked the oil and had to add 2 quarts of 0W20 synthetic oil. Once again, the car is sluggish and has a new symptom of knocking when accelerating. I will have it towed in the morning for the scheduled oil change to ensure nothing is damaged. I have done additional research and found that I had received notification from Honda last year in reference to a class action settlement for service bulletin (#11-033) that addressed excessive oil consumption from a "systematic design defect that enables oil to enter into the engine's combustion chamber. This leads to premature spark plug degradation and engine malfunction." Hopefully, the dealership will repair the defect once and for all.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jul 082014

Accord Crosstour

Engine type 3.5 I vtec V6 - the engine light and traction control light came on. At the time I did not know that there was a class action suite on this problem and other Honda vehicle's with this engine. I drove the rest of the way to work and called my dealer. I had it towed to a Honda dealer near my work they told me that a had a engine miss fire on cylinder number one, they replaced the spark plug and did a engine software update. If this would happen again they would rebuild the upper end of the motor at there cost. They gave me a 8 year extension warranty until 2018, unlimited miles for this problem only. I was told by the mechanic that this fix works on the majority of the cars, but didn't feel that this one would be one that it works on... since it consumed two quarts of oil. I have driven this car for 3,500+ miles since the repair and it is running great. Does anyone know the % of this fix working.

- Honey Brook, PA, USA

Nov 252013

Accord Crosstour 6-cyl

Engine cut out at highway speed on freeway. Would only restart after coming to a stop and waiting a few minutes then retrying. This has happened previously after which dealer changed a sensor, this time dealer said this was a known software problem. Surely there should be a recall loosing all power on the freeway could be deadly.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 012010

Accord Crosstour 6-cyl

Excessive oil consumption observed with Honda crosstour 2010. Since the car was purchased new, the car consumed 1 quart of 0W20 engine oil per 2500 miles. This is a safety issue, since not all drivers pay close attention to engine oil level. Driving with insufficient engine oil level could cause potential engine failure while driving. I have contacted american Honda motor co. And log a case# to arrange a formal oil consumption test.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Nov 022012

Accord Crosstour 6-cyl

Driver entered parking garage, stopped, received parking ticket, arm raised on parking entrance machine, driver removed foot from brake, car began to accelerate. Speed continuously increased. Driver pressed brakes twice - no response from brakes. Driver swerved right to avoid car on left. Car jumped 5 inch curve, knocked over free standing metal sign. Car continued to accelerate. Driver saw wall at left and aimed car at wall, intentionally. Driver believed that crashing car was the only way to stop the car. Driver aimed at and hit wall "head on". air bags deployed. Car judged total loss. Driver suffered damaged right knee (broken tibia plateau, torn cartilage, damaged lower femur), broken nose, broken eye socket.. passenger suffered broken left hand and bruised ribs. Emergency medial team took driver/passengers to hospital; released after 11 hours. Total time of car acceleration incident described here - 4 to 5 seconds. Impact speed estimated between 30 and 50 mph.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jul 012011

Accord Crosstour 6-cyl

Floorboard/vibration shake at 22mph and 72mph. Brake pulsation - dealer turned rotors, replaced rotors, and still have brake pulsation. We have had numerous problems with our Honda crosstour - normal acceleration at 22mph gas pedal, brake, floorboards shake. When cruising at 72mph or going down slight decline entire car shakes. Brakes were pulsating at 4896 miles, 10K miles, 18K miles, and still are not correct at 20K miles. What dealer has done so far - Jul 2011 - turned rotors, road force balanced tires/wheels - no improvements with vibration at 22 and 72 mph - dealer wanted to wait for donor parts to replace drive shaft assembly (we waited 4 months) - Honda tsb drive shaft assembly 29 Oct 2011 - complained about vibration at 22 and 72mph again, and brake pulsation, dealer replace front axles - no improvements - and replaced front rotors. 18 Jul 2012 - complained about vibration at 22 and 72 mph, and brake pulsation again - dealer replaced rotors - dealer balanced tires and wheels again. August/September 2012 - Honda regional rep came in - road force balance tires again -swapped out front tires and rims, shutdown vcm, swapped out computer no improvements - vibration/shudder still present at 22mph and 72mph- brakes still pulsating 24 Sept 2012 - national Honda rep came in checked valve tolerances - cylinder 5 valves tight causing misfires - didn't improve vibration/shudder replaced axles again, replaced torque converter engine vibration is better at 22mph but worse at 72 mph - cruising and much worse going down declines. Brakes are still not correct. Our car / engine has been shaking severely for a long time and we are worried about our safety - that something may come loose and cause us to lose control of the vehicle getting hurt or hurting someone else. Honda has not been posting these tsb's publicly.

- Clinton, MA, USA