2.6

2011 Honda Accord Crosstour engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Accord Crosstour:

2011 Honda Accord Crosstour Owner Comments

May 142016

Accord Crosstour

My engine is consuming 3 qts of oil between oil changes. This is the 2nd time it has happened consecutively.

- Clarksburg, NJ, USA

Feb 182015

Accord Crosstour

The contact owns a 2011 Honda Accord crosstour. While driving 55 mph, the vehicle lost power. In addition, the accelerator pedal was depressed, but the vehicle failed to accelerate. The check engine and traction control warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the spark plugs needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 36,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jun 092013

Accord Crosstour 6-cyl

I had my car serviced for regular maintenance on 5/31/ 2013. This maintenance included all scheduled maintenance as suggested by Honda. On 6/9/2013 I was driving home from a trip on an interstate traveling at approximately 70 mph when I suddenly lost the ability to accelerate. The car was operable, meaning I had power for the steering and the engine was on, however I was unable to accelerate. An engine light appeared on the dash. Fortunately, I was on the right hand side of the interstate at an exit point. I exited the interstate to a gas station parking lot at the end of the exit ramp. At this time I discovered I would not be able to drive the car home. I also realized I was in an undesirable location for a single woman traveling alone. I attempted to drive the car at least to a more secure location for personal safety reasons. At approximately 15 miles per hour on a busy road, I relocated the car to a location I felt more safe. I discover on June 10, 2013 when the service department opens that my car can be repaired and that it is not a major problem (relative when you are driving 70 miles an hour and lose power), but rather a simple electrical oil switch. I was advised that there was a "bulletin" (13-031) issued on this problem I asked if the bulletin had been issued why corrective action was not completed when the car was in their service department two weeks earlier. I was told that bulletins were not meant for proactive correction, but rather re-active correction after the issue or repair need presents itself. I was told only a "recall" would have allowed the service department to proactively correct the known issue. This could have been a horrific disaster. If an issue is known to cause loss of acceleration, and this loss of acceleration can happen at any time unpredictably (while traveling at a high speed) this is not a bulletin but a recall.

- Cumming, GA, USA