1. valve job required (2 reports)
1998 Honda CR-V engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda CR-V:

1998 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jun 192011

I bought this car in late April only to find out the radiator was flooded with stop leak and needed to be replaced. The engine head gaskets melted. The engine block was cracked. Many hoses needed replacing due to constant leaking. First it overheats, then it smokes really bad & now it just stalls constantly. I have had it more in the shop than I have been able to use it. Who pays almost $10,000 to just borrow cars or beg for rides? This has not only put me out but many others as well. I have talked to Power Honda and they deny any wrong doing and refuse to help. I just want a working car which I was told I was getting at the time of purchase.

- , Costa Mesa, CA, USA

Dec 032009

CR-V EX 4 cyl

My GOD! It's a HONDA! And it needs a valve job? AND my trusted mechanic says he has done this on 4 other CRV's? What the h---? I have had the oil changed every 3k, the timing belt replaced, water pump, hoses, EVERYTHING that needs to be serviced....AND it needs a VALVE job! C'mon, old cars from the 70's needed valve jobs after 100K, not 1998 Hondas! I hope American Honda reads this. I am now a Toyota shopper. Or maybe an old 70's Caddy Convertible redone. At least I can depend on that! Sadly, no other Honda compared to my 1988 Civic. 250k, never needed a valve job! Good GOD! Wake up HONDA!

- , Imperial Beach, CA, USA