$1,862.00

1. replace cylinder head (3 reports)
2000 Honda CR-V engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Honda CR-V:

2000 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Dec 072007

CR-V EX 2.0L

Check engine light came on. Took it in to get it checked out and was told that the code was misfire in all 4 cylinders-was told the Honda CRV 2000 had a bad cylinder head and possible burnt engine valves-had to have it sent out to a mechanic to rebuild the head. R

Really Honda a bad head at 87000 miles!!!!! Come on that is just in the infant stages of your bragging up your cars last 300,000 miles! We were told that the 2000 CRV had problems with the engine head but of course they did not want to do anything about it, except have all us owners of 2000 CRV pay to have the head fixed! So we went ahead to have it fixed for a total of 1425.00 but that was not the end if it..................

to be continued!

Update from May 25, 2015: Todd P

Herriman Utah

- , Herriman, UT, USA

May 052015

CR-V EX 2.0L

Complaint #4-took my Honda CRV 2000 in due to check engine light coming on and surprise surprise was told it was a bad head! This is the second bad head!!!!! Are you kidding me Honda! One is bad enough at 87000 miles but this head only lasted 47000 miles!!!! What a joke!!!!!!

We were told that there was nothing they could do. The fabulous warranty they offered (3 years or 36,000 miles) was of course no longer in effect. So now we need to pay $2300 or sale the car with a bad head. I bet there will be hundreds lined up to buy this car!!!!! The car is worth more than $2300 but who wants to put $2300 into it. What a joke!!!!!!! Come on Honda you know that the 2000 CRV head were bad but chose to do nothing about it. "There is nothing we can do" should be your motto Honda. There needed to be a recall yet Honda chose to do nothing. The little guy doesn't matter of course with the big corp but at least we have this website to gripe, rant and yell at you!!!!!!!!!

The song by Taylor Swift comes to mind right now, you know the one that goes "We are never, ever ever getting back together"!!!! I have been a loyal customer since 1990. I bought my first car from Honda. But after this fiasco I will never ever ever buy a Honda again. I just bought a Honda Accord last year and will be trading it in for anything but a Honda! Oh and I will have a permanent sign in my CRV letting everyone know what a joke Honda is. Thanks for the memories Honda, NOT, they were my own personal nightmare!

Update from May 25, 2015: Todd P

Herriman Utah

- , Herriman, UT, USA

Jan 102013

CR-V LX 2.0L

I purchased this 2000 Honda CR-V 5 speed from my father-in-law with 95000 miles on it. He had always had service done with certified mechanics, not always at Honda dealership. The check engine light came on and I had the distributor, cap, plugs wires replaced and valve adjustment done at my local garage. Valves were not out of adjustment, as per Honda specs. Reset check engine light and was good for about 10 miles....light came back on.

Checked compression and did codes again. Misfire on cylinder 4, which had lower then normal compression but not terrible. Had intake cleaned again, re set plug gaps, and reset codes. OK for 5 miles, same codes again, this time check engine light blinked!!! When pulling number 4 wire no change in engine, running on 3 cylinders. I'm going to replace the head with a rebuilt one. The cost is $450.00 for the head, plus gaskets, torque stretch bolts, timing belt, tensioner, water pump, etc. I had 2 Preludes with over 275,000 miles on them with no problems, that is why I bought this one with 95000 miles, thinking it would be good for at least 200,000 miles...surprise!

I am very disappointed in Honda. I read all the complaints with first generation heads and Honda does nothing. I know mileage is high but it is a Honda! Very disappointed, very disappointed!!!

- , Greenfield Center, NY, USA