1. replace motor (3 reports)
2001 Honda CR-V windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Honda CR-V:

2001 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Nov 162009

CR-V LX L4, 2.0L; Dohc

Actually, three of the four windows had motor failure, (as did the two rear windows of our former 1992 Accord) and I was told it was a common problem with Hondas. I was given a verbal estimate of $400 per window to fix, so after getting my tax refund, I decided to fix only the driver's window so I would no longer get honked at getting out of my car at drive-thru windows! The final cost was $525! They explained the labor charges were higher because it took so long to take the door panels off. Problem is, if you buy used Hondas and purchase the wrap around warranty (Honda Care), you MUST take it to a dealer to be fixed (or you violate the warranty), and chances are it wont be covered anyway. It's a total racket.

- , York, PA, USA

Jul 012009

CR-V LX L4, 2.0L; Dohc

3 of the 4 windows on my CR-V had window motor failure. I just got the driver's window fixed because I was quoted $400/window and felt I could live with the inconvenience of the rear windows closed. The cost for the one window actually was $525 (Labor charges to remove the door panels)! So, we are going to live with it a little longer.....

- , York, PA, USA

Oct 102007

Don't bother asking Honda for a ballpark figure to replace the motor. They won't tell you. They told me I needed to bring the car to a dealer and they would charge me for labor to take the door panel off to tell me what I already knew. The motor is shot..Could be the female customer factor working there but hello boys, not all of us are morons. Took the car to an independent mechanic instead. He verified the motor was bad,ordered the part from Honda and fixed it the next day with no inconvenience to me.

- , Caldwell, NJ, USA