8.0

1. had repaired under extended warranty (2 reports)
2002 Honda CR-V AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda CR-V:

2002 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Feb 152005

CR-V EX

QUIT WORKING AND TOO MUCH TO REPLACE. HONDA SHOULD BE THE ONES REPLACES IT.

- , BILLINGS, MT, USA

Dec 292006

CR-V 4 cyl

Twice, at 40,000 and 70,000, while I was idling in traffic with air conditioning on, the car stalled. It immediately restarted both times, but immediately, only hot air came out. I drive directly to Honda dealer both times, with same conclusion, fluid had flooded entire air conditioning system and ruined it. A totally new system had to be put in, at a cost of $3,500-$4,000. I was covered by extended warranty both times. A Honda technician told me confidentially that it was a constant problem with CR-V's, that Honda was being pressured to issue a recall but decided against it. My warranty is over and I live in fear of it happening again.

- , Alexandria, VA, USA