2002 Honda CR-V miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda CR-V:

2002 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

May 242016

CR-V

Last night around 8pm my husband and I were leaving a clients house in leesport. We were going South on rt 183. We were driving appoximatly 20 mph. With no warning at all, a big deer jumped and slammed into the drivers side. Hitting the front side of the vehicle. We pulled off of the road immediately. The fluid from radiator was leaking out.

- Gilbertsville, PA, USA

Sep 152014

CR-V

Three bolts hold on the clutch master cylinder cover.one bolt head head was sheared/blown off upon depressing the clutch pedal when starting the car. Brake fluid leaked out. Clutch was inoperable and power braking diminished. The clutch master cylinder was replaced and 11 months later the same incident occurred. The bolt head position that was blown/sheared off was the same in both incidents.

- Placereville, CA, USA

Jul 122015

CR-V

William robertson 221 circle valley dr SE calhoun ga 30701 my A/C compressor has went out again for the 3rd time. We have paid Honda hennessy of woodstock a total of $6000 in the past 5 years for this. We bought this Honda CR-V with only 3 miles. I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. Also my driver side seat reclines back and forth with out even using the latch. My door locks do not even work they have had to be pried open and I have to leave the key in the ignition switch or it won't start.

- Calhoun , GA, USA

Jun 262015

CR-V

The ac compressor stopped working throwing the belts out of the car. This happen 6 years and 4 years ago twice.

- Holladay, UT, USA

Oct 152014

CR-V

Have to manually lock and unlock the driver's side door. Also key will not go into the lock. Have to unlock the passenger side and manually unlock the driver's side door.

- Meridian, MS, USA

Apr 222011

CR-V

I called Honda about my air condtioning system and did as they said. I brought my car to an accredited Honda dealership and had it diagnosed (which I had to pay out of my own pocket). They quoted me $4,000. I contacted Honda usa and after three month I finally heard back from them, I informed them that I was not the first to have this problem, that I had gone online and found that I was not the only Honda owner who have had there air conditioning system break. The Honda representative told me that they can not go by what I read on the internet. Which is true to a point but I think they had have many complaints about this problem already because the representative use the same description I have read about the air conditioning unit, which was "air conditioning unit has cracked causing shards of metal to plug up the unit, causing a complete replacement of the entire air conditioning unit. Honda usa quoted me $3,991 to fix my A/C with a deadline of 60 days to accept or they would recind the "discount" offer. I know A/C problems is not a safety issue but I feel that Honda knew or knows about this problem and should recall or show there loyal owners that they care. Until such time I am now a former Honda customer.

- Riverside , CA, USA

Jun 162011

CR-V

The ac compressor literally exploded, causing other damage.

- Quinlan, TX, USA

Oct 012010

CR-V

My 2002 Honda CR-V gas cap kept coming loose. We went back to Honda a bought a new gas cap, but within weeks that too kept coming loose. I just brought my car in to Honda because of a failure with the drivers door actuator and switch and the check engine light is now on and I was told that the reason the cap kept coming loose and the light is on was because I needed the replace the filler neck. This repair was going to be over $300. Since I had just spent a lot to fix the door and switch, I decided to wait until I could afford it. In the meantime, I am tightening the cap daily so that the smell of gasoline goes away.

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 012008

CR-V

Air conditioner failed on my 2002 Honda CRV. Upon turning the A/C dial on, a very loud grinding/knocking sound was heard by the engine comparment and killed the engine off.

- Norridge, IL, USA

May 062003

CR-V 4-cyl

Sun visor detaches on drivers side for no apparent reason. All 3 times visor was replaced by various Honda dealers (we moved since 1S T occurence) at no charge. It did not cause an accident, but could have if visor detached while drivng at a higher speed or in traffic, as the visor pops off and hits the driver.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Feb 232004

CR-V

Vehicle has had 4 or 5 recall notices. The last one was regarding the ignition switch key interlock. When the vehicle was taken for recall repair the dealership didn't have the parts available to fix the switch. The cigarette light stopped working.

- Cedar Grove, NJ, USA

Jun 012002

CR-V 4-cyl

Me 2002 Honda CRV has a defect in a motor mount. The dealer said this is not a safety issue. It is annoying; when I drive on bumpy roads, there is a "thunking" sound. I have reported this to american Honda. I 've talked to my dealer several times. They cannot repair without approval from Honda.

- Durango, CO, USA