2002 Honda CR-V seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda CR-V:

2002 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Feb 022003

CR-V EX 4 cyl

Since new, this car's front shoulder belts haven't retracted worth a crap. The result: when you close the door, the seat belt and buckle get caught in the door jam.

I had them replace the retractors under warranty, but that didnt' help at all. Now at 162000 miles, I'm still putting up with this P.O.S. but I'm not sure why.

The build-quality on this car is atrocious. Honda's are supposed to be SOOOO great. Well, this one sucks! I bought this car new for $23k and have suffered through irritating shortcomings such as this since. The engine has been great. The tranny too. It has the original clutch still. But the trim and accessories and little parts absolutely blow.

Luckily I have mechanical skills and lots of tools. If I had to pay for most of these fixes over the last 8 years, I'd be broke.

- , Leesburg, VA, USA