2003 Honda CR-V body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda CR-V:

2003 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Sep 012013

click to see larger images

clear coat peeling clear coat peeling

This car was manufactured in the UK, I believe. The ones made in Japan from the same year do not have this problem. I think it is due to the poor quality of the paint or primer!

- , Boulder, CO, USA

Jan 152014

While my vehicle is a 2003, they replaced the hood when I purchased it in 2007. I took it to the dealer in early 2014 to ask about the long strips of clear coat that were peeling from the hood, since I never had those problems with my previous Honda. He looked and told me that it was well out of warranty and there was nothing he could do. It has started with the same problem around the rear window on the rear door. As I read more on-line, it sounds like this is a pretty widespread problem. Honda's failure to own the problem means that I will not buy another Honda.

- , Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jun 012012

In searching the internet I see this is a somewhat common problem with Hondas of this age..... but normal wear and tear should not have caused this.

- , Bellbrook, OH, USA

May 082007

The clear coat is peeling off the drivers side of my vehicle. It started 4 years ago when the car was only 4 years old, it comes off in sheets and is an eye sore. I get the run around when dealing with the manufacturer stating it's my fault yet my eye is attune to countless Honda's who share the same problem. Does Honda attract faulty customers? I think not, the issue is with the company and I really would like to have it resolved especially since it's paid for. I know this that Toyota will be my first choice in the next vehicle purchase, no more Honda's for me unless they stand behind their products. Thanks for listening.

- , Panama City, FL, USA